Trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: Trolls
(21-02-2018 02:02 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 01:56 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My axiom is that if it looks like an asshole and acts like an asshole, refuses to acknowledge points ignores difficult questions/ points, is condescending and dismissive, quotes the bible to prove the bible, says stuff that is an insult to intelligence they are a troll, people with different opinions who argue cogently and respectfully I've no problem with, hell I'll give them positive rep too. Wink

For me, the biggest factor is whether or not they are sincere in their position. Also, whether or not they are on topic.

I agree with both those points too although I think being sincere can on occasion be a cop out, many dictators and war criminals believed totally sincerely.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2018, 02:22 PM
(21-02-2018 02:11 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 02:02 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  For me, the biggest factor is whether or not they are sincere in their position. Also, whether or not they are on topic.

I agree with both those points too although I think being sincere can on occasion be a cop out, many dictators and war criminals believed totally sincerely.

Agree. Sincerity doesn't necessarily mean that someone is 'good'.

I sometimes have passionate arguments with myself that almost come to blows.
21-02-2018, 04:12 PM
(21-02-2018 01:32 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 01:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bullshit.

You want to come off as though you know more about how this forum works than people who have been here for years and the forum team.

Fresh eyes often do bring new ways to look at things. I don't think that's the group where you fall.

OK. I am seeing stars from you clubbing me over the head. I am really sorry that you see me that way.

Look at your rep and how many members have reversed their original opinion of you. I'm not the only one who doubts your sincerity as a member of this forum.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
22-02-2018, 04:01 AM
(21-02-2018 07:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sure, I can see they provide a kind of entertainment. I sometimes follow train wreck threads just to watch the mental gymnastics of people desperate to avoid certain conclusions...

If you want some REAL fun and games, check out this theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php forum! Guaranteed hysterics... better than Monty Python and The Goons combined LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
22-02-2018, 04:33 AM
(22-02-2018 04:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 07:47 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sure, I can see they provide a kind of entertainment. I sometimes follow train wreck threads just to watch the mental gymnastics of people desperate to avoid certain conclusions...

If you want some REAL fun and games, check out this theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php forum! Guaranteed hysterics... better than Monty Python and The Goons combined LOL.

I've got to check this one out. It sounds batshit crazy.
22-02-2018, 06:55 AM
(22-02-2018 04:33 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-02-2018 04:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  If you want some REAL fun and games, check out this theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php forum! Guaranteed hysterics... better than Monty Python and The Goons combined LOL.

I've got to check this one out. It sounds batshit crazy.

Terry Prachett made fun of them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2018, 12:58 PM
(22-02-2018 06:55 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(22-02-2018 04:33 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I've got to check this one out. It sounds batshit crazy.

Terry Prachett made fun of them.

Yep, and I am a member in good standing of the Illuminati. My roots trace all the way back to Brian Cohen.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
22-02-2018, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2018 02:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-02-2018 04:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 01:32 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  OK. I am seeing stars from you clubbing me over the head. I am really sorry that you see me that way.

Look at your rep and how many members have reversed their original opinion of you. I'm not the only one who doubts your sincerity as a member of this forum.

I think he's sincere. A sincere batshit bonkers Jew who wants to go all Thoreau and build a remote cabin in the middle of the Montana tundra using only hand tools where he will then proceed to write his manifesto. I don't find him insincere in that regard. A bit too ambitious methinks, but to each batshit bonkers his own.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-02-2018, 01:14 PM
(22-02-2018 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 04:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Look at your rep and how many members have reversed their original opinion of you. I'm not the only one who doubts your sincerity as a member of this forum.

I think he's sincere. A sincere batshit bonkers Jew who wants to go all Thoreau and build a remote cabin in the middle of the Montana tundra using only hand tools where he will then proceed to write his manifesto. I don't find him insincere in that regard. A bit too ambitious methinks, but to each batshit bonkers his own.

Yeah, I get a Ted Kaczynski vibe myself. Drinking Beverage

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post