Trophies, chasing my first platinum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Trophies, chasing my first platinum
In concept I don't really like trophies. I'm not a huge fan of doing tasks in games that don't get you a usable reward (yet I am a completionist [I like to beat all possible enemies/levels at the hardest difficulty...sometimes acquire all spells or ultimate weapons], I just don't consider trophies as completion).

But I'm wrapping up my Souls experience (LOVE THESE GAMES), and decided to look into the platinum trophies for Demon, Dark, and Dark Souls 2. I've played all three games extensively (at least 200 hours per game).

Turns out the Demon and Dark Souls trophies have so much tedium involved that I refuse to waste my time on them. But the Dark Souls 2 platinum trophy really only requires 2 exhaustive playthroughs of the game. Which is pretty much my natural playstyle anyways. So I figured, why not go for it?

I basically just need to beat the game again and the plat is mine. It will be my first ever sought out trophy. I also want to get the Bloodborne platinum trophy though because you get a sweet PS4 theme if you achieve it. Now THAT motivates me! But ultimately it will depend on the tedium. If it includes something like "Create all possible rare weapons" then eff that.

Are you guys trophy hunters? Or do you find it mostly silly like me? Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Trophies, chasing my first platinum
Scrub. I have the plat in Demon Souls. so edge much epeen.

As a consequence I never got into Dark Souls 1 or 2 to nearly the same extent. Kinda burnt out on the things, actually. So there's that.
(that and the performance issues in Dark Souls at launch, and the gang of us who used to play moving different ways)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
31-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Eff, I just screwed up my DS2 plat today. Essentially there is a button on the wall about 3/4ths of the way through the game, and if you press it you lose access to a spell for that playthrough (a fine example of why I dislike many DS2 design decisions).....and I need that spell to get the plat.

I can get to it in NG++, which I need to play partially through to plat anyways. But It's about 6 hours past the point I planned on playing through to Sad.

Nice job on the demon souls Plat cjlr. The world tendency manipulation is tedious as hell and I don't care enough to go through that again haha. The game is super fun to play when you aren't caught up in tedium.

05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Done it! My NG++ run only took 5 or 6 hours and included 10 boss kills. Shrina of Amana was of course the most annoying and Vestaldt was the scariest boss.