Trouble in Paris

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Trouble in Paris
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/notre-dame-s...stay-away/

Quote:A police union official, Cedric Michel, said a man armed with a hammer went after the police officer who was patrolling on the esplanade in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. Michel said the attacker was "neutralized" by police.
It is unclear whether the attacker was acting alone.

Quote:Police urged passers-by to stay away from the area. Large numbers of police cars filled the area on the Ile de Cite island in the River Seine in the center of Paris.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: Trouble in Paris
(06-06-2017 09:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/notre-dame-s...stay-away/

Quote:A police union official, Cedric Michel, said a man armed with a hammer went after the police officer who was patrolling on the esplanade in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. Michel said the attacker was "neutralized" by police.
It is unclear whether the attacker was acting alone.

Quote:Police urged passers-by to stay away from the area. Large numbers of police cars filled the area on the Ile de Cite island in the River Seine in the center of Paris.

Possibly ... an art terrorist looking for a chance to vandalize one if the city's biggest tourist attractions ...? Wouldn't be the first time someone took a hammer to a priceless antiquity. Used to happen quite a lot, in fact.

Everyone's an art critic. Dodgy

So, "neutralized": like "Orange is the new black" ... is "neutralized" the new killed? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-06-2017, 10:30 AM
No, I don't think they killed him; I read he was in hospital.

(But are we sure it wasn't one of our mods, driven to insanity by the recent troll influx and gone berserk with the banhammer? Gasp )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
06-06-2017, 10:40 AM
(06-06-2017 10:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  No, I don't think they killed him; I read he was in hospital.

(But are we sure it wasn't one of our mods, driven to insanity by the recent troll influx and gone berserk with the banhammer? Gasp )

As dog is my witness, I was feeding goslings at the time....or was I? Consider

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Sure, the dog would say anything, if you were feeding him goslings at the time Dodgy

[Image: tumblr_m5m4piy21G1r4zr2vo1_r1_250.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
06-06-2017, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 12:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
This one sounds political instead of religious. Dude was screaming "This is for Syria!" instead of "Allah Azkaban!" Sounds like a disgruntled Syrian refugee unhappy with his treatment in France. Now I gotta go see how France is treating the horde of desperation coming over their borders.
Ah, not very well it seems. What life looks like for refugees in France. Looks like Franco done fucked up. Shouldn't have promised to take 30,000 refugees in if they weren't prepared for them. That's a lot of people to take care of. Somebody didn't do their math.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post