Trouble on London Bridge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Trouble on London Bridge
5 minutes ago
Repeat: The Vauxhall incident is not related to London Bridge and Borough Market incidents, say police.

So, the actual terror incident is more tightly centered around the bridge & high street.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2017, 06:19 PM
"Rapid gunfire" was heard in the London Bridge area as armed police are thought to have shot shot dead two of the men, with a search underway for the third man.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2017, 06:58 PM
And here we go ...
Quote:Jihadi terrorists shouting "this is for Allah" have reportedly killed seven people after stabbing revellers with 12-inch hunting knives after mowing down up to 20 people with a white van on London Bridge.

And with the unrelated incident in Vauxhall (which I thought was pretty far away to be connected) ...
Quote:Police have responded to another incident in Vauxhall in south London, telling people 'you must run, hide and tell', Scotland Yard said.

So, I think this "run, hide, tell" thing is going to be a part of the resistance against this wanna-be-theistic violence.
I'm all for it Thumbsup not like they can kill us all in one go.

03-06-2017, 07:33 PM
(03-06-2017 06:58 PM)kim Wrote:  So, I think this "run, hide, tell" thing is going to be a part of the resistance against this wanna-be-theistic violence.
I'm all for it Thumbsup not like they can kill us all in one go.

That is the safest thing to do on an individual level. Unless you are already cornered. Or in a position to make the assailant kaput in one easy strike.

I have seen people suggesting gun ownership would have helped, even though it did not prove so helpful during the anti-police rampage in gun-chocked Dallas.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
03-06-2017, 07:50 PM
So awful Sad

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-06-2017, 08:41 PM
(03-06-2017 05:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  In the near future, banning manually operated cars could be a possibility.

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-06-2017, 08:45 PM
(03-06-2017 07:33 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I have seen people suggesting gun ownership would have helped, even though it did not prove so helpful during the anti-police rampage in gun-chocked Dallas.

Would have undoubtedly made things worse. Imagine a cluster of scared-shitless, half-trained or poorly trained civilians shooting up anything that moves. Police and other first responders wouldn't know the attackers from the civilians.
[+] 6 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
04-06-2017, 02:14 AM
ISIS and other Jihadist tend to get far more aggressive during their holy month of ramadan since all the "good deeds" are multiplied by 70 times. fuckers!
[+] 2 users Like TheUnholy's post
04-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Condemning the attack, (British PM) Theresa May said it was "time to say enough is enough".

Curious as to what this actually means. Hopefully May will provide more details in the next few days.

London is one of the most secure cities in the world, with security cameras everywhere. If the attackers were "known to police" (which is usually the case), one can't help but wonder why no action against them was taken previously.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
04-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Trump has made his feelings known

Quote:"We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety," the president tweeted at 7:17 p.m.

Source : Trump says US needs travel ban after London incidents

Oh no. He's here - God