Trouble with another student in my study abroad group?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 07:06 PM
RE: Trouble with another student in my study abroad group?
Why the hell are you not supposed to talk about American politics?

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with that? Even if you were the one to bring it up, that's still not a good reason. Perhaps you should kindly cuss him out? Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Who decided that this guy is the boss of you? If the answer is nobody did...then tell him to mind his own business. He can talk about what he wants and you can too. I am sure that if you find that you are saying something socially unacceptable, you will make the appropriate adjustments.

If that doesn't work, a headbutt may be the way to go.

He sounds like a know-it-all ass certainly not like the guy that makes the rules.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Woa. I've seen a lot of people browsing internet during lectures and its maybe just a waste of time (why go to a lecture if one won't concentrate?) but really I don't see a reason to go and point it out to someone that they should study. If they don't that's their problem! This John dude sounds a bit of a disturbed control freak to me. Talk about american politics all you want, just make sure it's related to general topic and if he still runs his mouth, just flick him off. No fuss.

There was earlier a point that just the fact you share the same religious or nonreligious background means nothing - or at least not more than two blondes grouping together ( Big Grin) and I entirely agree. A religious person cannot assume another of the same faith will treat him or her nicer, so why would the ones without a religious belief?

I'm a foreign student myself, a Northern European in Scotland right now and all I can tell is people seem to rather be a little cautious when am around...they say I have a Russian accent (maybe am scaaaaary?), but no one has ever dared to try educate me in such a manner. You're maybe acting too kind so John thinks he can boss you? Smile

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally.”
- Oscar Wilde