Truck Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2016, 06:48 AM
RE: Truck Control
(17-07-2016 06:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Die thread die!

[Image: 6933164821_a3e2828fe4_z.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-07-2016, 06:51 AM
My sword would be higher. I am an a expert in Chinese double edged sword.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-07-2016, 07:00 AM
(17-07-2016 06:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My sword would be higher. I am an a expert in Chinese double edged sword.

I'd drop the sword and use a truck Drinking Beverage

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
17-07-2016, 08:57 AM
(15-07-2016 01:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Truck control and Gun control are the same kind of issue and should be considered the same way. Does the tool do more harm than good for society? [...]

And this ludicrous analogy is precisely why this intellectual midget is regarded as a complete waste of oxygen on this forum. To even use the claim in order to start a new thread proves the only purpose he posts here is to draw people into a sucker debate.

It also explains why he's got a record negative rep LOL. The guy's IQ probably matches the room temperature. In centigrade or fahrenheit. Banana_zorro

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
17-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Truck Control
(16-07-2016 07:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My slightly different conclusion to the issue and recent threads is that I should probably invest in a gun capable of stopping a truck, and make a donation to NRA just for the hell of it.

Not even Lord Humungus could stop the truck.
[Image: f8f62ecd984887c0373c15c4cad3a32d.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
17-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Truck Control
(16-07-2016 11:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Bullshit NRA logic, "If only the victims had bigger trucks".

Heywood's thread but Brian wants to play.

He just can't shut the fuck up about the NRA.

He listens to ABBA while his lips flap Yaba Daba

Now everyone wants Brian to just go away.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
18-07-2016, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2016 12:35 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(17-07-2016 06:27 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 02:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'd like to comment on your criticism but I can't because it is nebulous.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but Heywood, your opening post was in very poor taste.

It means your criticism was so vague and indistinct that I didn't know exactly what you were criticizing....but now that you have clarified I do know and can now respond.

(17-07-2016 06:27 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Too soon? I think so. There's something to be said about waiting a respectable amount of time after a tragic incident before trying to exploit it. There may be people reading this forum who have been personally or indirectly affected by what happened in Nice. You're treating this horrible, horrible act of violence so flippantly that I can't accept that you're doing anything other than just trying to stir the pot.

This vehicle you're using to drive this topic is beyond tasteless.

I don't know if you understood my post correctly, but basically I was saying that people should not use single incidents like this to make their arguments.....either pro or against gun control. If I am exploiting this situation it is not to further a position on gun control. If I am exploiting this situation, it is to teach people how to evaluate these situations when they come up and other people use them to make their case for or against gun control....or truck control.
18-07-2016, 12:34 AM
(16-07-2016 03:52 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  And maybe it is also an abortion issue.Why not?

I think it is basis for the most persuasive abortion rights arguments I have heard. Those arguments amount too, "We are better off as a society if we kill off all the unwanted babies before they are born". However I don't think this kind of thinking should be applied toward human beings so I don't find it persuasive myself. Hitler could have argued "We are better off as a society if we kill off all the jews". Maybe I would find such arguments persuasive if I did not hold as an axiom of my morality, "Don't kill another human being unless you absolutely have too".
18-07-2016, 02:12 AM
I know Americans are more obsessed about guns than any other country is obsessed about anything else, but this thread is so stupid I don't think it even counts as a gun thread. I think this has to be a contender for the most literally stupid thread that I've ever seen. Even an 8 year old would be able to successfully argue why this is thread is stupid.

Take away handguns and life continues as before, albeit with fewer deaths.

Take away trucks and society breaks down because nothing gets delivered resulting in mass starvation.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
18-07-2016, 03:24 AM
(15-07-2016 08:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  There are powder-actuated tools such as nail guns that use a .22 cal blank to drive them.
These are quite dangerous, even lethal, but not really regulated.
Seriously Chas? Nail guns are not specifically designed to kill people (like an AR-15 is). And I challenge you to kill 49 people—or even seriously injure them—with a nail gun at 100 metres range.

Quote:Have you ever seen what a wood chipper can do to a person?
I'd also challenge you to kill 49 people with a wood chipper LOL.

Both these arguments are not worthy of you mate—unless you're being willfully disingenuous.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.