Truck Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 03:33 AM
RE: Truck Control
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The gun control debate really should be a debate about whether or not guns do more harm for society than good. [...]

Only the blowjob meister could come up with such an absurd notion.

it's obvious to even an 8-year-old (oh... wait... I forgot Heywood) that guns do far more harm, and zero good in an enlightened society. That he proposed such a nonsensical "debate" only shows—yet again—what a truly mindless retard this guy is. I've suggested elsewhere on these forums that if we ignore him, he'll get bored and go away, but unfortunately—like genital herpes—he continues to linger.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-07-2016, 05:34 AM
I don't often find myself agreeing with Blowjob -- but he has a point - of sorts.

A gun is JUST an object - regardless of how much the anti-gun people would like to demonize them. Gun owners DON'T love their guns as claimed by the anti-gunners (any more than atheists "hate god" as claimed by xtians) - but they do have use for them ---- just like any rational human being has use for any other inanimate object.

The point being - an irrational, deranged person can make a weapon out of most ANYTHING. As it turns out there's stuff out there --- like trucks --- that actually do a more efficient job of killing than do guns.................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2016, 06:08 AM
(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't often find myself agreeing with Blowjob -- but he has a point - of sorts.

A gun is JUST an object - regardless of how much the anti-gun people would like to demonize them. Gun owners DON'T love their guns as claimed by the anti-gunners (any more than atheists "hate god" as claimed by xtians) - but they do have use for them ---- just like any rational human being has use for any other inanimate object.

The point being - an irrational, deranged person can make a weapon out of most ANYTHING. As it turns out there's stuff out there --- like trucks --- that actually do a more efficient job of killing than do guns.................

Yes but compare number of terrorist attacks by truck vs guns.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-07-2016, 06:10 AM
(18-07-2016 06:08 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't often find myself agreeing with Blowjob -- but he has a point - of sorts.

Stay tuned. I suspect that's going to change....

See "Mass Killings" post....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2016, 06:28 AM
(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Gun owners DON'T love their guns as claimed by the anti-gunners (any more than atheists "hate god" as claimed by xtians)

Except you don't get people from any other country posting about any other subject on discussion forums as much as Americans do with guns. Honestly, if you can think of any other country that obsesses about a single subject as much as Americans and guns then I really would like to know.

Americans on the whole talk more online about guns than even religion, sex, cars, films, TV or computers.

Ask any non-American to name a country which talks about one subject more than anyone else and they will say Americans and guns.

(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  - but they do have use for them ---- just like any rational human being has use for any other inanimate object.

We've been through this before. What use is there for a handgun or assault rifle beyond supposedly protecting yourself from other people with handguns or assault rifles? I'm not talking about hunting rifles, but handguns and assault rifles. And even for the act of self defence they are pretty useless. Worse than useless if you end up shooting the wrong person which is a very high probability.

We know that a person can be rushed within 20 feet before they can pull out a hand gun, and that's with proper training and staying current in which case they might as well learn a more useful skill for self defence. The only people who walk around with a handgun or assault rifle in their hand ready to use are the ones who are planning a crime.

There is no use for handguns and assault rifles in a society. Society does not depend on them in order to function. If you think that it does then newsflash, your society is already dysfunctional. Society does depend upon the delivery of goods via trucks though.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
18-07-2016, 06:31 AM
(18-07-2016 06:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Gun owners DON'T love their guns as claimed by the anti-gunners (any more than atheists "hate god" as claimed by xtians)

Except you don't get people from any other country posting about any other subject on discussion forums as much as Americans do with guns. Honestly, if you can think of any other country that obsesses about a single subject as much as Americans and guns then I really would like to know.

Americans on the whole talk more online about guns than even religion, sex, cars, films, TV or computers.

Ask any non-American to name a country which talks about one subject more than anyone else and they will say Americans and guns.

(18-07-2016 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  - but they do have use for them ---- just like any rational human being has use for any other inanimate object.

We've been through this before. What use is there for a handgun or assault rifle beyond supposedly protecting yourself from other people with handguns or assault rifles? I'm not talking about hunting rifles, but handguns and assault rifles. And even for the act of self defence they are pretty useless. Worse than useless if you end up shooting the wrong person which is a very high probability.

We know that a person can be rushed within 20 feet before they can pull out a hand gun, and that's with proper training and staying current in which case they might as well learn a more useful skill for self defence. The only people who walk around with a handgun or assault rifle in their hand ready to use are the ones who are planning a crime.

There is no use for handguns and assault rifles in a society. Society does not depend on them in order to function. If you think that it does then newsflash, your society is already dysfunctional. Society does depend upon the delivery of goods via trucks though.

Attitude like that is why we kicked your people out of this country back in the 1770's....

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-07-2016, 07:21 AM
(18-07-2016 06:08 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Are you ignoring all of the car and truck bombs?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 07:24 AM
(18-07-2016 03:24 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 08:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  There are powder-actuated tools such as nail guns that use a .22 cal blank to drive them.
These are quite dangerous, even lethal, but not really regulated.
Seriously Chas? Nail guns are not specifically designed to kill people (like an AR-15 is). And I challenge you to kill 49 people—or even seriously injure them—with a nail gun at 100 metres range.

Quote:Have you ever seen what a wood chipper can do to a person?
I'd also challenge you to kill 49 people with a wood chipper LOL.

Both these arguments are not worthy of you mate—unless you're being willfully disingenuous.

The argument that guns are in a unique category because "they are designed to kill" is fallacious. Guns are designed and used for other purposes as well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 07:39 AM
(18-07-2016 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 06:08 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yes but compare number of terrorist attacks by truck vs guns.

Are you ignoring all of the car and truck bombs?

Seeing as how the weapon is that scenario is the bomb, not the vehicle yes I am ignoring those.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-07-2016, 07:41 AM
(18-07-2016 07:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are you ignoring all of the car and truck bombs?

Seeing as how the weapon is that scenario is the bomb, not the vehicle yes I am ignoring those.

Actually -- most car bombs -- the car IS the weapon (or a large part of it)- as it forms the majority of the shrapnel flying about......