Truck Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: Truck Control
(18-07-2016 08:07 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 07:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We have proof everywhere that truck bombs or trucks alone can cause great damage. All those concrete pillars placed in front of public places like courthouses and such aren't there for decoration. We have been down this path before.

If you want to blow up a building you drive in a truck bomb.

If you want to mow down a group of people who aren't inside a building you drive into that crowd.

This isn't the first rodeo with the use of trucks as weapons to cause a large number of casualties.

In a truck bomb the truck isn't the weapon, the bomb is. Truck alone wouldn't blow up a building without the bomb. That's my argument.

It's a distinction without a difference.

A stationary truck won't do any damage, but a moving one will.
So the weapon in Nice wasn't the truck, it was the motion. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-07-2016, 04:52 AM
If the vehicle in a car bomb isn't the weapon ---

Then a gun isn't a weapon either..... It's the gunpowder in the cartridge that's the weapon....

Maybe we should just outlaw oxygen -- and that'd cure the problem................................

No oxidation - no ka-boom..... Problem solved huh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-07-2016, 06:40 AM
(19-07-2016 02:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
Quote:Your writing is such dribble that if Egor ate a bowl of alphabet soup, he'd shit out a more intelligent statement then what you can ever hope to write....on your best day.

-drivel

You'll have to excuse the Blowjobber... He seems to have a lot of trouble with the English language. Maybe it's not his native tongue? Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-07-2016, 07:10 AM
(18-07-2016 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are you ignoring all of the car and truck bombs?

The car or truck is only used to convey large amounts of explosives to the site of the attack. It's not an intrinsic part of the actual means of killing. No bombs; no deaths. Nice was one of the very first mass attacks using a motor vehicle intended as a weapon itself. Of course I guess it depends on how one describes vehicles carrying explosives as to whether it was a truck-ramming, or a bombing. How would the 1983 Beirut barracks anti-MNF bombings be considered? Was the "weapon" the truck or the bombs?

Quote:The argument that guns are in a unique category because "they are designed to kill" is fallacious. Guns are designed and used for other purposes as well.
Nope. Not fallacious at all Chas. Their principal purpose was—and still is—to enable men to kill another human and/or animal. The very first firearms used by the Chinese and the Arabs circa 14th century were designed solely for killing in warfare.

In Australia, the two major legitimate uses of firearms is for the culling of feral animals (pigs, camels, rabbits, foxes etc) and kangaroos, and the range-based sport of target shooting—which is what I enjoy. I'd be interested in seeing what other valid "purposes" you can suggest for guns?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-07-2016, 07:13 AM
I believe the vehicle becomes a part of shrapnel.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-07-2016, 07:16 AM
How many people buy a gun solely to shoot targets? How many shoot targets so they'll have better aim "when the time comes"?
19-07-2016, 07:38 AM
(19-07-2016 07:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How many people buy a gun solely to shoot targets? How many shoot targets so they'll have better aim "when the time comes"?

Many people buy firearms for the express purpose of shooting sports.

I own 2 shotguns that are purpose-built for trap shooting.

There are rifles purpose-built for biathlon or other target sports.

19-07-2016, 07:46 AM
(19-07-2016 07:10 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
Quote:The argument that guns are in a unique category because "they are designed to kill" is fallacious. Guns are designed and used for other purposes as well.
Nope. Not fallacious at all Chas. Their principal purpose was—and still is—to enable men to kill another human and/or animal. The very first firearms used by the Chinese and the Arabs circa 14th century were designed solely for killing in warfare.

It doesn't matter at all what the purpose was for the Chinese in the 14th century, there are firearms purpose-built for reasons other than killing people.

Quote:In Australia, the two major legitimate uses of firearms is for the culling of feral animals (pigs, camels, rabbits, foxes etc) and kangaroos, and the range-based sport of target shooting—which is what I enjoy. I'd be interested in seeing what other valid "purposes" you can suggest for guns?

But you said:
(18-07-2016 03:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  ... that guns do far more harm, and zero good in an enlightened society.

So which is it?

19-07-2016, 07:51 AM
(19-07-2016 04:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:07 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  In a truck bomb the truck isn't the weapon, the bomb is. Truck alone wouldn't blow up a building without the bomb. That's my argument.

It's a distinction without a difference.

A stationary truck won't do any damage, but a moving one will.
So the weapon in Nice wasn't the truck, it was the motion. Consider

No it was the impact from the truck that killed them. The truck was the weapon.
In a bombing, the explosives are the weapon.

If there was no truck in a truck bomb, people would still get hurt, you still have a weapon. If there was no bomb in a truck bomb, no one would get hurt, you wouldn't have a weapon unless someone got in the truck and used it as a weapon.

(19-07-2016 04:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If the vehicle in a car bomb isn't the weapon ---

Then a gun isn't a weapon either..... It's the gunpowder in the cartridge that's the weapon....

Maybe we should just outlaw oxygen -- and that'd cure the problem................................

No oxidation - no ka-boom..... Problem solved huh???

The fucking vehicle isn't required for a bomb to work, like gunpowder is required for a gun to work.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-07-2016, 07:54 AM
(19-07-2016 07:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How many people buy a gun solely to shoot targets? How many shoot targets so they'll have better aim "when the time comes"?

Many people buy firearms for the express purpose of shooting sports.

I own 2 shotguns that are purpose-built for trap shooting.

There are rifles purpose-built for biathlon or other target sports.

"Many" =/= "How many". Just sayin'.