Truck Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 05:00 AM
RE: Truck Control
When we have defective vehicles we recall them. And over time we improve the technology When someone misuses a vehicle we take their license away. And for bigger vehicles you have a different class licence to be legally able to drive one.

My guess is that truck was a rental or got stolen, but now that this has happened the protocol for renting/ and or theft as will be reviewed by their law and the business that dealt with that truck.

The same cannot be said about access to guns though, at least not in America.

And what is wrong with ABBA?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 05:25 AM
(15-07-2016 05:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  And what is wrong with ABBA?

Too much pop, not enough substance.

They were brilliant editors though.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
15-07-2016, 05:28 AM
(15-07-2016 03:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fully automatic AR-15 for mentally disturbed white kids that wanna shoot up their school. etc..

The AR-15 is semi-automatic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-07-2016, 05:32 AM
(15-07-2016 05:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When we have defective vehicles we recall them. And over time we improve the technology When someone misuses a vehicle we take their license away. And for bigger vehicles you have a different class licence to be legally able to drive one.

My guess is that truck was a rental or got stolen, but now that this has happened the protocol for renting/ and or theft as will be reviewed by their law and the business that dealt with that truck.

The same cannot be said about access to guns though, at least not in America.

And what is wrong with ABBA?

You forgot to blame the NRA........................

A gun that kills people isn't defective. It worked fine. A person wielding it in malice, is defective.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-07-2016, 05:38 AM
(15-07-2016 03:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 01:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Anyone who takes this bait is a dumbass.

I've got some free time, I'll go there and see where it goes.

Quote:Truck control and Gun control are the same kind of issue and should be considered the same way. Does the tool do more harm than good for society? If the answer is yes, then easy access to that tool should be banned. If the opposite is true.....the tool does more good than harm to society, then access to that tool should be made easy. A single incident is all but useless in answering that question.

All to often we see people using single incidents to justify their positions on issues like gun control....which is an error in my opinion.

Truck and gun control are not the same thing because while yes they are both tools they are not equal because there is many different types. Hunting rifles for hunting. Escalade mounted mini-guns for Russian mafia. Fully automatic AR-15 for mentally disturbed white kids that wanna shoot up their school. etc..

Saying that trucks serve a purpose in society is not the same as saying guns serve a purpose in society because their purpose is different. Their accessibility and potential for harm is also far different. You'd be very hard pressed to run down a bunch of people in a movie theater in a 16-wheeler. Or conceal a truck in your jacket pocket.

But it's a whole lot easier to mow down people on the street with a vehicle than it is with a gun...........

Look at it in ft/lbs of energy.

A .223 bullet traveling at 3000 feet/sec is approximately 1300 ft/lbs of energy.

A mid size Buick traveling at 60 mph is about 350,000 ft lbs of energy........

A semi truck?? It's in the millions......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-07-2016, 08:23 AM
(15-07-2016 05:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A gun that kills people isn't defective. It worked fine. A person wielding it in malice, is defective.

That's the reason the "cars/knives/anything kills people too" argument is ridiculous. For everything else, injury or death is a bug. For guns, it is a feature. Their purpose is to kill. The same can't be said for an 18 wheeler.

And, with other tools that have lethal capabilities, we restrict, regulate and license their use and who can operate them. With guns, we refuse to even have a discussion. Brian is exactly right about that point.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
15-07-2016, 08:35 AM
(15-07-2016 08:23 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 05:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A gun that kills people isn't defective. It worked fine. A person wielding it in malice, is defective.

That's the reason the "cars/knives/anything kills people too" argument is ridiculous. For everything else, injury or death is a bug. For guns, it is a feature. Their purpose is to kill. The same can't be said for an 18 wheeler.

And, with other tools that have lethal capabilities, we restrict, regulate and license their use and who can operate them.

There are powder-actuated tools such as nail guns that use a .22 cal blank to drive them.
These are quite dangerous, even lethal, but not really regulated.
There are two categories: high-velocity and low-velocity. High-velocity ones can no longer be sold in the U.S. but there are a lot out there.

Have you ever seen what a wood chipper can do to a person?

There are lots of potentially lethal tools that are not regulated.

Quote:With guns, we refuse to even have a discussion. Brian is exactly right about that point.

Who is refusing to have a discussion? Aren't we discussing it?
It is discussed in state legislatures constantly.

So, no, Brian isn't "exactly right" about that.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-07-2016, 09:41 AM
I disagree there is any real discussion. There is screaming and demagoguery, but that's not the same as discussion. And, I wasn't taking about an internet forum where our opinions don't matter.

As for nail guns, etc., yes, you don't need a license to use one, but they are manufactured to certain safety standards and a manufacturer who's product was inherently dangerous would be subject to liability. That's because death and violence from a nail gun is a bug, not a feature. That's the complete opposite of guns.

The wood chipper comment is ridiculous. You're better than that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
15-07-2016, 10:33 AM
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A single incident where a gun is used for evil, say Sandyhook, isn't a good argument for gun control any more than what happened in Nice today is a good argument for Truck Control.

There's a reason why your analogy is flawed, and the clue is in the snippet I've quoted above. I'm not going to tell you, though. I want to see how long it takes for you to discover it yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-07-2016, 03:58 PM
(15-07-2016 09:41 AM)BnW Wrote:  I disagree there is any real discussion. There is screaming and demagoguery, but that's not the same as discussion. And, I wasn't taking about an internet forum where our opinions don't matter.

As for nail guns, etc., yes, you don't need a license to use one, but they are manufactured to certain safety standards and a manufacturer who's product was inherently dangerous would be subject to liability. That's because death and violence from a nail gun is a bug, not a feature. That's the complete opposite of guns.

The wood chipper comment is ridiculous. You're better than that.

People have accidents with dangerous objects for which there is no training and no licensing.