Truck Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Truck Control
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Today in Nice France, 75-80 people were killed by a single truck. However you will not see a Truck Control movement because it is obvious to everyone that society is better off with trucks than without them even though occasionally people will use them for evil purposes.

The gun control debate really should be a debate about whether or not guns do more harm for society than good. If easy access to guns does lead to more good for society than evil, then we should have easy access to guns. If easy access to guns leads to more evil in society than good, then access to guns should be curtailed. A single incident where a gun is used for evil, say Sandyhook, isn't a good argument for gun control any more than what happened in Nice today is a good argument for Truck Control. The totality of all the evidence must be weighed.

I don't consider myself to be a gun owner. I do own some guns that I inherited but they are under my bed collecting dust. I have never shot them...they are only important to me because someone I loved owned them. I don't believe my life changes much if guns get banned. On gun control, I am pretty indifferent.

Oh, I see it now. I'm well known to be naive about people and give them the benefit of the doubt way beyond the little warning signs. This I cannot ignore or excuse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-07-2016, 07:11 PM
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't consider myself to be a gun owner. I do own some guns that I inherited but they are under my bed collecting dust.

Even you have to know this makes no sense.

You ARE a gun owner. You say you don't happen to shoot them. But you still own them.

I have jewelry that I don't wear. I still own it. I have dad's old camera equipment and some of his tools. I don't use them but they are still in my possession and care therefore I own them.

You can't make the distinction that ownership depends on usage.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-07-2016, 07:22 PM
(16-07-2016 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You can't make the distinction that ownership depends on usage.

Now now if we set the bar that high, he wouldn't be able to claim ownership of a brain. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-07-2016, 08:02 PM
(16-07-2016 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't consider myself to be a gun owner. I do own some guns that I inherited but they are under my bed collecting dust.

Even you have to know this makes no sense.

You ARE a gun owner. You say you don't happen to shoot them. But you still own them.

I have jewelry that I don't wear. I still own it. I have dad's old camera equipment and some of his tools. I don't use them but they are still in my possession and care therefore I own them.

You can't make the distinction that ownership depends on usage.

Oh no you see he doesn't think he owns guns the same why someone who breaks the law doesn't acknowledge there a criminal .Yeah apparently reality is a technicality and if you invent BS distinguish ions for no reason it doesn't make you the thing your denying you are .the mental gymnastics are mind blowing.Gasp

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Perhaps he's simply insane, and not a troll?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-07-2016, 01:04 AM
(16-07-2016 09:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 05:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If I was trying to pass myself off as taking the high road, I wouldn't have called you a dick.

But seriously, you should not expect responses from me. I might from time to time, if I think it suits me. Your basically just wasting your time though.

So, you ignore an actual question, but reply to bullshit -- chit chat crap?

And you claim to not be dodging?

Funny blowjob very funny.

I wouldn't call it chit chat crap. He whined because I would not answer him. He should know why I ignored him and know that he is wasting his time. Are you claiming I should have not communicated this to him?
17-07-2016, 01:58 AM
(16-07-2016 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You ARE a gun owner. You say you don't happen to shoot them. But you still own them.

I never said I wasn't. I said I don't consider myself a gun owner....meaning I don't think of myself as one. I explained this one but you're too dense to get it. When the issues of gun control come up, I don't feel like anyone is trying to take away my guns or my right too them. Its a another debate that doesn't concern me much is what I think.
17-07-2016, 02:00 AM
(16-07-2016 07:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 11:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Today in Nice France, 75-80 people were killed by a single truck. However you will not see a Truck Control movement because it is obvious to everyone that society is better off with trucks than without them even though occasionally people will use them for evil purposes.

The gun control debate really should be a debate about whether or not guns do more harm for society than good. If easy access to guns does lead to more good for society than evil, then we should have easy access to guns. If easy access to guns leads to more evil in society than good, then access to guns should be curtailed. A single incident where a gun is used for evil, say Sandyhook, isn't a good argument for gun control any more than what happened in Nice today is a good argument for Truck Control. The totality of all the evidence must be weighed.

I don't consider myself to be a gun owner. I do own some guns that I inherited but they are under my bed collecting dust. I have never shot them...they are only important to me because someone I loved owned them. I don't believe my life changes much if guns get banned. On gun control, I am pretty indifferent.

Oh, I see it now. I'm well known to be naive about people and give them the benefit of the doubt way beyond the little warning signs. This I cannot ignore or excuse.

I'd like to comment on your criticism but I can't because it is nebulous.
17-07-2016, 06:27 AM
(17-07-2016 02:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 07:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, I see it now. I'm well known to be naive about people and give them the benefit of the doubt way beyond the little warning signs. This I cannot ignore or excuse.

I'd like to comment on your criticism but I can't because it is nebulous.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but Heywood, your opening post was in very poor taste.

Too soon? I think so. There's something to be said about waiting a respectable amount of time after a tragic incident before trying to exploit it. There may be people reading this forum who have been personally or indirectly affected by what happened in Nice. You're treating this horrible, horrible act of violence so flippantly that I can't accept that you're doing anything other than just trying to stir the pot.

This vehicle you're using to drive this topic is beyond tasteless.
17-07-2016, 06:31 AM
Die thread die!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post