Truck Rams Australian Christian Lobby Building

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Exclamation Truck Rams Australian Christian Lobby Building
A van carrying gas cylinders was driven into the Australian Christian Lobby headquarters—Eternity House [sic]—in Canberra (in NSW) last night causing an explosion, destroying the vehicle, and badly damaging the building.

Van drove into Australian Christian Lobby's Canberra headquarters and 'exploded'

[Image: 1482346385430.jpg]

One of our persistent local Aussie god-botherers, Lyle Shelton, is a lobbyist on Christian issues. He served as the Chief of Staff of the Australian Christian Lobby for six years and was appointed as Managing Director three years ago.

—He'd appreciate any prayers. For what reason I have no idea.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 05:09 PM by cactus.)
RE: Truck Rams Australian Christian Lobby Building
Upon this 21st day of December 2016, I hereby decree that this person does not represent all anti-theists, and is most certainly a fuckwit to the highest degree.

There. Is that how you do that whole "He's not with us" public denouncement bullshit that people always get so fussy about? Sure, why not. Drinking Beverage

Lets get real, though, it's probably someone who wanted to get 72 virgins.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
21-12-2016, 05:51 PM
We don't know.....

It could have been the guy that got sent to the store to get all the propane cylinders filled -- so they could have their weekend BBQ ----- and his girlfriend decided to give him a hummer on the way back....................................

But yeah --- nobody's gonna be surprised if his last words were "allahu akbar"...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-12-2016, 02:06 AM
(21-12-2016 05:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We don't know.....

It could have been the guy that got sent to the store to get all the propane cylinders filled -- so they could have their weekend BBQ ----- and his girlfriend decided to give him a hummer on the way back....................................

But yeah --- nobody's gonna be surprised if his last words were "allahu akbar"...................

Seems like a strange thing to say when you're getting a bj...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-12-2016, 03:24 AM
(21-12-2016 01:19 PM)SYZ Wrote:  A van carrying gas cylinders was driven into the Australian Christian Lobby headquarters—Eternity House [sic]—in Canberra (in NSW) last night causing an explosion, destroying the vehicle, and badly damaging the building.

Thank you for making two mistakes in just one sentence! 'Eternity House' is not a misspelling, and it is here in Canberra, in the ACT, not in NSW.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2016, 05:15 AM
At work.
(22-12-2016 03:24 AM)Aractus Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 01:19 PM)SYZ Wrote:  A van carrying gas cylinders was driven into the Australian Christian Lobby headquarters—Eternity House [sic]—in Canberra (in NSW) last night causing an explosion, destroying the vehicle, and badly damaging the building.

Thank you for making two mistakes in just one sentence! 'Eternity House' is not a misspelling, and it is here in Canberra, in the ACT, not in NSW.

Except *Cough* Canberra is, actually, 'In' NSW.*Cough*

The territory (It's not even a proper 'State' Tongue ) is completely surrounded/bordered by the STATE of NSW.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
23-12-2016, 09:08 AM
(22-12-2016 03:24 AM)Aractus Wrote:  Thank you for making two mistakes in just one sentence! 'Eternity House' is not a misspelling, and it is here in Canberra, in the ACT, not in NSW.

And I thank you for being the ultimate pedant. If you got down from your intellectual high horse, you would've realised that citing the ACT means little to the majority of non-Australian readers here, whereas most of them are more than familiar with the geographical location of NSW.

You're also apparently unaware of the other meanings of sic, IE to indicate irony, or to ridicule the previous word or phrase; in this case "eternity", both in the religious sense, and the fact that the building named thusly wasn't destined to be so.

Rolleyes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-12-2016, 11:03 AM
(22-12-2016 02:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 05:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We don't know.....

Seems like a strange thing to say when you're getting a bj...

What's the difference than "OH GOD OH GOD!!!!!"

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:The police later said in a statement they had established the actions of the 35-year-old male driver "were not politically, religiously or ideologically motivated".
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news...tg6et.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Well, at least the building didn't die. But the driver terrorist did.

I imagine a guy that works for a Christian lobby asks prayers because part of his faith is they work. I hope they're safe from this point forward. Loon's are all over. They're particularly pesky when behind the wheel.

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]