Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 05:07 PM by ELK12695.)
RE: Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany
Several streets in Berlin have been closed off to investigate a suspicious object. Can't provide a link since it's from the Norwegian State's news agency. I would look for the news elsewhere but British and American newspapers are either slow to update their aritcles or buries it under tons of junk data.

Update: Object has been deemed harmless by the police at 23:58.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Watching a live transmisson now, camera is fixed right at the murder vehicle. Eerie feeling.

19-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Quote:I never expected this to happen in my country.

You're joking right?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
19-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Two successful and highly publicized attacks like this means more are probable. People are so uncreative these days.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-12-2016, 06:14 PM
(19-12-2016 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I never expected this to happen in my country.

You're joking right?

But July was such a long time ago.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
19-12-2016, 06:14 PM
(19-12-2016 05:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  People are so uncreative these days.

What does that even mean? Are there terrorist critics out there? "6/10, not enough Mohammad"? Wait, of course there is, it's the internet. Forget I said anything.

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
19-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Sad UGH

Those poor people and families!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
19-12-2016, 06:50 PM
(19-12-2016 06:14 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 05:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  People are so uncreative these days.

What does that even mean? Are there terrorist critics out there? "6/10, not enough Mohammad"? Wait, of course there is, it's the internet. Forget I said anything.

I'm a smartass not known for being subtle. That said, it absolutely is a competition, and when those involved in said competition see something that works they attempt to copy it.

They probably have different categories too. I imagine them giving it a 4 for the relatively low body count of 9, but higher scores for the high injury count, the Christmas connection, and the fact that it took place in a country generally out of the headlines for such attacks.

'Murican Canadian
19-12-2016, 10:12 PM
(19-12-2016 06:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 06:14 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  What does that even mean? Are there terrorist critics out there? "6/10, not enough Mohammad"? Wait, of course there is, it's the internet. Forget I said anything.

I'm a smartass not known for being subtle. That said, it absolutely is a competition, and when those involved in said competition see something that works they attempt to copy it.

They probably have different categories too. I imagine them giving it a 4 for the relatively low body count of 9, but higher scores for the high injury count, the Christmas connection, and the fact that it took place in a country generally out of the headlines for such attacks.

It's about impact. The first time someone plows into a crowd with a truck it's huge news. Second time sorta big. The time after that? Meh. Terrorists who are involved in the first attack do more PR per their death than anyone who comes after. Same with planes, or with marathon bombings, or with mass shootings.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Still one of the best articles The Onion ever published:

Responding to recent events on Earth, God, the omniscient creator-deity worshipped by billions of followers of various faiths for more than 6,000 years, angrily clarified His longtime stance against humans killing each other Monday.

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord...

"Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the centuries as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."

"I don't care how holy somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."

"I tried to put it in the simplest possible terms for you people, so you'd get it straight, because I thought it was pretty important," said God, called Yahweh and Allah respectively in the Judaic and Muslim traditions. "I guess I figured I'd left no real room for confusion after putting it in a four-word sentence with one-syllable words, on the tablets I gave to Moses. How much more clear can I get?"

"But somehow, it all gets twisted around and, next thing you know, somebody's spouting off some nonsense about, 'God says I have to kill this guy, God wants me to kill that guy, it's God's will,'" God continued. "It's not God's will, all right? News flash: 'God's will' equals 'Don't murder people.'"

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-angr...l-rule-222

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post