Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2016, 10:43 PM
RE: Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany
(19-12-2016 10:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Still one of the best articles The Onion ever published:

Responding to recent events on Earth, God, the omniscient creator-deity worshipped by billions of followers of various faiths for more than 6,000 years, angrily clarified His longtime stance against humans killing each other Monday.

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord...

"Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the MILLENIA as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."

"I don't care how holy somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."

"I tried to put it in the simplest possible terms for you people, so you'd get it straight, because I thought it was pretty important," said God, called Yahweh and Allah respectively in the Judaic and Muslim traditions. "I guess I figured I'd left no real room for confusion after putting it in a four-word sentence with one-syllable words, on the tablets I gave to Moses. How much more clear can I get?"

"But somehow, it all gets twisted around and, next thing you know, somebody's spouting off some nonsense about, 'God says I have to kill this guy, God wants me to kill that guy, it's God's will,'" God continued. "It's not God's will, all right? News flash: 'God's will' equals 'Don't murder people.'"

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-angr...l-rule-222

Fixed "centuries" to a more reasonable description of the time frame. It makes me think of the West going into the ME to establish some sort of "peace", when the killing has gone on for millenia, as BS.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-12-2016, 02:33 AM
(19-12-2016 02:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/d...mas-market

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I never expected this to happen in my country. I have relatives living in Berlin. Sad

Thinking about it Germany is an ideal target for Daesh and their terror campaign.

1. Germany has been fairly welcoming to Muslim refugees.
2. Daesh does not want Muslims "deserting" to non Muslim countrues.
3. However, what better way of getting agents in than amongst the large numbers.
4. Those agents can then be used to stir up anti-Muslim feelings.
5. More, costly, resources are needed to deal with any political or popular backlash.
6. The public quality of life may be diminished.

Disrupting "normal" life in any way and using up the enemy's resources is to Daesh's global aspirations. Most cultures are used to measuring "progress" and "change" in decades - Islam and other deepset religions are more inclined to think and work in terms of centuries, as are the Chinese. Deep philosophical and religious drives are fsr more stable than political ones, they don't swap polarity-in-power every few years.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
20-12-2016, 02:55 AM
(19-12-2016 10:43 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 10:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Still one of the best articles The Onion ever published:

Responding to recent events on Earth, God, the omniscient creator-deity worshipped by billions of followers of various faiths for more than 6,000 years, angrily clarified His longtime stance against humans killing each other Monday.

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord...

"Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the MILLENIA as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."

"I don't care how holy somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."

"I tried to put it in the simplest possible terms for you people, so you'd get it straight, because I thought it was pretty important," said God, called Yahweh and Allah respectively in the Judaic and Muslim traditions. "I guess I figured I'd left no real room for confusion after putting it in a four-word sentence with one-syllable words, on the tablets I gave to Moses. How much more clear can I get?"

"But somehow, it all gets twisted around and, next thing you know, somebody's spouting off some nonsense about, 'God says I have to kill this guy, God wants me to kill that guy, it's God's will,'" God continued. "It's not God's will, all right? News flash: 'God's will' equals 'Don't murder people.'"

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-angr...l-rule-222

Fixed "centuries" to a more reasonable description of the time frame. It makes me think of the West going into the ME to establish some sort of "peace", when the killing has gone on for millenia, as BS.

I agree, the basic "cultural personality" determines behaviour over very long time periods.

Pre-Islam neither the Romans nor the Persians could make no impression on Arabia. Tribal systems nade it difficult, probably as much guerilla type warfare as set battles. Far easier to fight an "organised" enemy. Not sure if the Romans had "special forces" but that is what is needed against a dispersed enemy with covert agents amongst tge populace.

Islam grew to "fit" a society with existing violent tendencies, clan v clan and tribe v tribe in my theory. Perhaps it was intended to knit the tribes together, as the Saud family did during WW1(with the help of Lawrence). But perhaps the basic nature is not so easily subdued.

The mindset of Muslims is so very different from that of the West it is difficult to understand. But understanding is essential, the only other alternative is total obliteration.

Or building a wall round Islam and letting them get on with their internal disputes. Getting between the conflicting sides has been proven to be stupid.

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
20-12-2016, 03:11 AM
Quote:The mindset of Muslims is so very different from that of the West it is difficult to understand. But understanding is essential, the only other alternative is total obliteration.

It may be the case that if Westerners had a real understanding there would be widespread genocidal campaigns against all of Islam. I'm not saying that for sure. Obviously, nobody knows but sometimes it seems like the West keeps wanting to give Islam the benefit of the doubt despite incredible evidence that it's a horrible menace everywhere it exists.
20-12-2016, 05:35 AM
(20-12-2016 03:11 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:The mindset of Muslims is so very different from that of the West it is difficult to understand. But understanding is essential, the only other alternative is total obliteration.

It may be the case that if Westerners had a real understanding there would be widespread genocidal campaigns against all of Islam. I'm not saying that for sure. Obviously, nobody knows but sometimes it seems like the West keeps wanting to give Islam the benefit of the doubt despite incredible evidence that it's a horrible menace everywhere it exists.

I meant "understanding" in the strategic sense. In the moral and ethical senses dig deep enough into European history and one finds similar violent and inhumam values - and remember that modern Anerican values are based firmly on the European model.

Good old Sun Tzu's advice still applies, "Know your enemy". Learn their history, understand what makes them tick, even learn to think like them. Getting all emotiobally uspset that their actions seem inhuman will not find a strategy that will defeat them - short of bombing every member of the opposing group back to the Stone Age, then keeping them there.

A Muslim schollar once implied that if you take a million Muslims you will have a million varieties of belief and faith - and therefore motivation and action.

Then add national differences into the mix - the Egyptians, Afghans, Pakistanis, Iranians, Malaysians etc. are not Arabs even though they are Muslins. Makes a complex mix where one cannot afford to treat them all the same. Yet we also cannot ignore the Umma, the tie of belief that can bind even Sunni with Shia against a common enemy.

[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
20-12-2016, 05:47 AM
Good points. Knowledge is power.
20-12-2016, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 07:20 AM by Deesse23.)
Update:
  • Death toll is 12 now, 48 injured, 18 heavily injured
  • Arrested driver is of pakistani origin. Imigrated into Germany one year ago, his application was still running.
  • Co pilot of truck was in fact polish. Was found dead with wounds from stabbing and a gunshot wound. Its probable the truck was hijacked and a fight happened in the cockpit.

Edit: The arrested suspect seems to deny to be the perpetrator (which would be, imho, strange for an islamist). The truck was parked earlier yesterday near the department for foreign immigrants (see: his immigration was still running). Officials still in doubt if the arrested suspect is in fact the perpetrator.

Attorney general will hold press confererence later...

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
20-12-2016, 06:26 AM
(20-12-2016 06:22 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Update:
  • Death toll is 12 now, 48 injured, 18 heavily injured
  • Arrested driver is of pakistani origin. Imigrated into Germany one year ago, his application was still running.
  • Co pilot of truck was in fact polish. Was found dead with wounds from stabbing and a gunshot wound. Its probable the truck was hijacked and a fight happened in the cockpit.
That last point was my feeling when I heard that the "co-driver" was dead. Did not seem enough impact damage to truck to kill anyone in a modern drivers cab, even unbelted.

20-12-2016, 06:41 AM
(19-12-2016 04:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  Probably not the most appropriate answer but....

[Image: P2YeQjA.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

Au contrare Bemore, highly appropriate Imo.
20-12-2016, 07:41 AM
The Berlin police now says that they arrested the wrong guy and that the real, armed killer is still at large.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/...-Mann.html

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]