Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Truck plows into Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany
I'm still waiting for the call for more gun control -- and hearing about how it's the fault of the NRA....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 01:47 PM
They should have called it a winter holiday market instead.

'Murican Canadian
20-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Seems that ISIS has claim responsability for the act, but since they would claim responsability for any sort of mass violence, that doesn't prove much. We need more information before establishing blames and, more importantly, advise how to best deal with this. Lets focus on helping the victims and their family instead of hunting witches.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
20-12-2016, 02:43 PM
(20-12-2016 01:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the call for more gun control -- and hearing about how it's the fault of the NRA....

Wink

I'm starting to think that you and Brian need to hate fuck each other and be done with it. It stopped being funny a while ago in my opinion.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post
20-12-2016, 02:58 PM
(20-12-2016 02:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm still waiting for the call for more gun control -- and hearing about how it's the fault of the NRA....

Wink

I'm starting to think that you and Brian need to hate fuck each other and be done with it. It stopped being funny a while ago in my opinion.

I agree. It's getting really old.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-12-2016, 04:06 AM
(20-12-2016 02:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

Wink

Shocking The mental images Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-12-2016, 01:20 PM
The driver of the truck has been identidied. It is a 24y old Tunisian refugee whose asylum was rejected in June. He should heve been expelled back to Tunisia long ago, but he didnt have a Tunisian ID. Tunisia claimed that he was/is no Tunisian. Today the Tunisian ID arrived (coincidence or not, you decide *eerie sound in the background*) and he could have been expelled now. Consider Facepalm
Looks like he left the papers rejecting his asylum in the drivers cabin. Facepalm
He reportedly has connections to islamists had been arrested for assault in the past and was known to be a "trublemaker", at some point even his phone was bugged before he disappeared for some time before the attack.

The autopsy of the co-pilot from poland revealed that he was alive until the attack on the x-mas market happened, and probably was shot and stabbed while trying to prevent the massacre. (*BIG pat on the back for Szuchow* looks like you can be proud of your countryman).

My personal conclusion:
We dont need new laws or actions direted towards muslims or refugees in general, we need to enfore the rules we already have and be more serious with their application to known criminals (who happen to be refugees/foreigners).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
21-12-2016, 02:37 PM
(21-12-2016 01:20 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The driver of the truck has been identidied. It is a 24y old Tunisian refugee whose asylum was rejected in June. He should heve been expelled back to Tunisia long ago, but he didnt have a Tunisian ID. Tunisia claimed that he was/is no Tunisian. Today the Tunisian ID arrived (coincidence or not, you decide *eerie sound in the background*) and he could have been expelled now. Consider Facepalm
Looks like he left the papers rejecting his asylum in the drivers cabin. Facepalm
He reportedly has connections to islamists had been arrested for assault in the past and was known to be a "trublemaker", at some point even his phone was bugged before he disappeared for some time before the attack.

The autopsy of the co-pilot from poland revealed that he was alive until the attack on the x-mas market happened, and probably was shot and stabbed while trying to prevent the massacre. (*BIG pat on the back for Szuchow* looks like you can be proud of your countryman).

My personal conclusion:
We dont need new laws or actions direted towards muslims or refugees in general, we need to enfore the rules we already have and be more serious with their application to known criminals (who happen to be refugees/foreigners).

No need for patting me, when it is someone else who paid with his life for trying to do some good.

Also media reaction is curiously restrained - guess this time internal issues are too big to hide behind act of terror. Nonetheless I'm glad that I was wrong and no media hunt for immigrants took place*.

*Didn't saw paper editions though. And there are some claims about danger to Poland.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Not being funny Deesse but Merkel authorised the admission of a million refugees recently, im not sure if they were all vetted or if they have all arrived yet but how many more militants are there among them? At least a handful for sure I would have thought and a handful can do a lot of damage.
21-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Amongst the male population the rate of rapists is also significant, compared to non-males. Amongst the people who grow up in poor neighbourhoods or in dysfunctional families the rate of crime in general is exceedingly high. Yet i see no reason to to discriminate against those groups. During the cold war, we had people trying to cross the german wall, risking their lives and hundreds died(!), we knew that eastern Germany was sending spies with them too, nevertheless we let them in. To me its a question about being humanist, a question about having empathy for fellow humans. Yes Islam is a religion, a religion that has some horrible and nasty faces, like IS/Daesh, but i for my part am not willing to give up my freedom and humanity and turn into something similar like them, just to defend myself from them. That would be a perversion that would mean they win in the end. I am not giving up my freedom for safety, because safety without freedom is a prison.
I am not going to fight in a war anymore (although i served in the army during the cold war and kinda have a glimpse what that may mean), but i am willing to give up my life for freedom if necessary. I rather have someone run over me or blow me up on a x-mas market than give up freedom and let jihadists win by making me like them. Many interviews with Berlin citizens seem to agree with me, and if that is to be representative, i am kind of proud of these people and fellow Germans.

There always was a price to pay for freedom, and its sad to see that the last two major worldwide conflicts (WWII and cold war) already seem too long ago for some to remember what it is like to have no freedom, what it is like to have your police forces permanently going after parts (or even the whole) population of cour country. Well, maybe some people way across the pond will be remembered very soon, which ultimately will turn this caricature of a presdency that we are going to witness into something positive.

I am howver of the opinion that we need and should use all tools availiable in the arsenal of a civilized and humane society, to keep those (foreign) elements at bay, be them islamists or whatever, who are trying to infiltrate us and turn us into a mirror of their disgusting self. We should shield us from evil, not lock ourseves up in a prison. I dont need to explain how fear controls the masses. I faced the grim reaper once or twice in my life, and maybe i am going to share this on TTA when i feel the need and comfortable enough to do so. Having said that, i dont fear death (anymore), i fear pain, yes a painful death, but nonexistence doesnt have a grip on me. Probably thats why i am not susceptible to the sad little death cult we experience here every now and then, and most probably that is the reason why i never was sold to the fearmongering of the past 15y in the west. I am worried, sometimes more, sometimes less, but i am not lying in the corner of my room, all curled up quivering in fear, ready to sign up into the new right wing populist movement that is so rampant. They have no grip on me and i spit in their faces.

If there are another million of people who had to chose between death in yet another proxy war and the option to knock on Germanys door with nothing but the clothes they wear, so be it, let them in. I remember times when flocks of people had to run from Germany to other countries because otherwise their life was in grave danger, i cannot imagine what would have happened if those countries had been as paranoid of accepting Nazi spies as some people seem to be worried about jihad terrorists. As i already have said, we cannot afford to succumb to islamist jihad by becoming western anti-jihad. Bombing their families on purpose and other insane policies, as suggested by the designated US president is insane, as demonstrated during WWII, where neither rubbing out the people nor breaking their will was the result, but rather the opposite. Ask people from Coventry, London, Hamburg or Berlin.

Yet, i would also like to figure out why the fuck and how the fuck it has come that far in Syria for example Mrs. Merkel, Mr. Obama and your majesty the Czar of fucking Russia.

Oh, and fuck you all who think i am a "liberal" for saying this, whatever you think "liberal" means. If "liberal" has anything to do with liberty, then yes, i am guilty of it.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post