Truck stop Chapels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Truck stop Chapels
Quote:He insisted on giving me this coin:

Looks counterfeit. Report him to the Secret Service!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
12-09-2016, 06:50 AM
(11-09-2016 08:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:He insisted on giving me this coin:

Looks counterfeit. Report him to the Secret Service!

It looks about the right size -- try using it at a car wash....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-09-2016, 02:54 PM
(11-09-2016 04:39 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  I'm a relatively new truck driver. I've learned that a lot of the larger truck stops have chapels. For the most part they are low key. Today, one of their clergymen knocked on my truck door and invited me to join their 09:30 service. I politely declined and explained that I was a non-believer. He insisted on giving me this coin:
[Image: 0911161823a_zpszswvagck.jpg]
He said that I could still attend if I wanted to. I did not. This was the very first time that I ever told a preacher/pastor that I was a non-believer. That felt weird. I was indoctrinated at an early age and at 50, I've only been free of the religious chains for a short time. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt(?) afterwards. On the one hand I want to think that truckers coming together at a truck stop and socializing is a good thing but hell, we do that anyway. Standing together and praying to some deity in the hopes that he will keep you safe on the road is utter bullshit. That's my rant. Lol, I feel better already.

Consider

How much is the metal worth?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
(12-09-2016 02:54 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 04:39 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  I'm a relatively new truck driver. I've learned that a lot of the larger truck stops have chapels. For the most part they are low key. Today, one of their clergymen knocked on my truck door and invited me to join their 09:30 service. I politely declined and explained that I was a non-believer. He insisted on giving me this coin:
[Image: 0911161823a_zpszswvagck.jpg]
He said that I could still attend if I wanted to. I did not. This was the very first time that I ever told a preacher/pastor that I was a non-believer. That felt weird. I was indoctrinated at an early age and at 50, I've only been free of the religious chains for a short time. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt(?) afterwards. On the one hand I want to think that truckers coming together at a truck stop and socializing is a good thing but hell, we do that anyway. Standing together and praying to some deity in the hopes that he will keep you safe on the road is utter bullshit. That's my rant. Lol, I feel better already.

Consider

It feels more like a cheezy Mard Gras coin. Maybe made out of a hard plastic. You would think a supreme being's recruiter could spare some precious metals?
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Congo's post
12-09-2016, 03:48 PM
(12-09-2016 03:13 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 02:54 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Consider

It feels more like a cheezy Mard Gras coin. Maybe made out of a hard plastic. You would think a supreme being's recruiter could spare some precious metals?

Nope! You will notice that precious metals head towards the churches, seldom away. It's like Las Vegas, but with way worse odds.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post