True Detective Season 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 09:20 AM
True Detective Season 3
It's a go, and they are trying to go back to what worked in Season 1.

Quote:HBO confirmed late Thursday that the next installment of the high-profile detective series will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks. A mystery will deepen over decades and play out in three separate time periods.
http://www.ksdk.com/entertainment/televi.../470499907

Whoa. This series is set, and will be filming in my back yard. Unsure No, not literally in my back yard! (Unless they want to. I have an old pig barn that is unoccupied.. Big Grin ) But around here.

I realy hope they get this one right. Like a lot of people, I loved S1, but just couldn't get through S2, as it made no sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 09:35 AM
RE: True Detective Season 3
Good news.
Season 1 was fantastic.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
05-09-2017, 09:58 AM
I've heard the second season was bad. Should it be ignored?

05-09-2017, 10:32 AM
(05-09-2017 09:58 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've heard the second season was bad. Should it be ignored?

Personally I thought it was mostly bad in comparison to season 1.
It was nowhere near the show that season one was.
But I found much of it to be a better way to waste an hour than about 90% of what is on TV. Which isn't saying much because chewing paint off the furniture is probably a better use of time than most of TV
I bought the season on Amazon.
I'll buy season 3 as well.

[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 10:37 AM
(05-09-2017 09:58 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've heard the second season was bad. Should it be ignored?

Depends. If you can see it for free, check out an episode or two to see if it is worth your time. There are some good points. The actors mostly do a good job with what they had to work with, but the plot and the writing are just not up to the standards of S1. (S3 is going back to the writing/directing team from S1, so I'm hoping for something good.) I tried to watch S2, but got lost somewhere in the middle trying to figure out what they (the detectives) were actually trying to accomplish. As they say - your mileage may vary.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
05-09-2017, 11:38 AM
(05-09-2017 10:37 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  

Depends. If you can see it for free, check out an episode or two to see if it is worth your time. There are some good points. The actors mostly do a good job with what they had to work with, but the plot and the writing are just not up to the standards of S1. (S3 is going back to the writing/directing team from S1, so I'm hoping for something good.) I tried to watch S2, but got lost somewhere in the middle trying to figure out what they (the detectives) were actually trying to accomplish. As they say - your mileage may vary.

Yeah. NO doubt it was a big ponderous at times.
Almost seemed like maybe they wrote it as they want along rather than sorting out the story arc for the season ahead of time.
I'm willing to chalk it up to sophomore jinx.

[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
05-09-2017, 01:23 PM
True Detective Season 3
I liked first season so I might give third a chance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-09-2017, 01:35 AM
I'll give it a shot that's for sure, I think the first season was so good because it was built on the backs of some fantastic performances from two amazing actors (even if I felt it entirely fell apart at the end). Season 2 couldn't compete as the actors are just not as strong, with Vince Vaughn being one of the most terrible actors around in my opinion.

Still, high hopes!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post