True Detective last fews minutes sucked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
True Detective last fews minutes sucked
I enjoyed this first season of True Detective except for Episode 4 of course. It got real stupid.

What I liked was how Mathew Mac..... (Can't spell) was pretty much an Atheist. I don't like how they portrayed how he got to being an Atheist. (Daughter died don't believe anymore) but I liked how he appeared to be a free clear thinker.

Of course he was also addicted to drugs and totally screwed. Oh course he would have to be to be an Atheist right? Smile

But in the last few minutes of the season he goes and has a god moment and ruins the whole damn thing for me.

Anybody else watch this series? What's your opinion?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: True Detective last fews minutes sucked
Damn! I wish I hadn't read that bit about the god moment for Mathew's character. His "oh for FUCK'S SAKE" moment with that politically influential pastor who wanted to involve his church in their case was what got me hooked. The missus made me watch some earlier this week. Only made it part way into episode 2. After the 2nd unobstructed camera shot of that... "cake", I just couldn't take it no more Blush Had to go commit me a copy-cat crime Wink
But we plan on watching all of em Shy

Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I hear you, man; the dialogue at the end made me cringe. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Nope. Not gonna read it. But the first 2 episodes have me hooked.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Since this thread is back up again, I have to say this. Simply reading the thread title made me watch the last few minutes waiting for it to fail. And that's spoiler enough for me. So next time, you could try being more careful.

As far as the ending is concerned...

It didn't bother me at all. It was a weird moment where you couldn't tell if he was having an epiphany or the drugs finally got to his head, and that was interesting. You could also see how he was indeed a human after all, and how the loss of someone you love so much can make you believe in sweet, tempting delusions.

It reminded me of an atheist friend of mine who -after having a terrible accident and having to spend months in the hospital- started to believe in god. He thought he had sent him an angel that day and that's why he was saved. It was a shocking, life-changing experience, and his brain couldn't process it in any other way.

It doesn't bother me that they showed an atheist somehow feeling "spiritual" because it didn't seem like religious propaganda, it seemed like real life.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
17-03-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 06:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
5 episodes in now and I'm watching a serious fucking descent into madness. Like a Cantor-worthy descent and shit. Who the fuck brings Nietzsche's eternal recurrence to a TV show and shit? Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-03-2014, 10:28 PM
(17-03-2014 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  5 episodes in now and I'm watching a serious fucking descent into madness. Like a Cantor-worthy descent and shit. Who the fuck brings Nietzsche's eternal recurrence to a TV show and shit? Thumbsup

Well that was quite the marathon. I liked it. And I like how Woody Harrelson can just put on and lose weight like it weren't nothing. The ending didn't bother me. It's not like it was the last episode of Lost and shit. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post