True Life: I can't stop playing Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
True Life: I can't stop playing Final Fantasy XIV
Tired of exerting effort in your daily life? Feel like giving up everything? Your job? Your social life? Excellent! This is the game for you!

I'm in Exodus most of the time, and sometimes in Masamune. But mostly Exodus because Masa is a Japanese server.

But wait, besides getting to play a game with me where all I do is spam you with the slap emote and call your character ugly, if you buy the collector's edition of the game, you get a fat ass chocobo mount

[Image: fatchoco1.jpg?w=627&h=352]

and if you don't think that fat shit's fly as fuck u can go home and not play final fantasy and save your money and do more important stuff with ur time.

Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: True Life: I can't stop playing Final Fantasy XIV
(06-04-2015 11:11 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Tired of exerting effort in your daily life? Feel like giving up everything? Your job? Your social life? Excellent! This is the game for you!

I'm in Exodus most of the time, and sometimes in Masamune. But mostly Exodus because Masa is a Japanese server.

But wait, besides getting to play a game with me where all I do is spam you with the slap emote and call your character ugly, if you buy the collector's edition of the game, you get a fat ass chocobo mount

and if you don't think that fat shit's fly as fuck u can go home and not play final fantasy and save your money and do more important stuff with ur time.

Weeping

Whatevs, as long as you're not playing FF13, do whatever you want. If you do play it, shame on you. If you like it:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-04-2015, 12:13 PM
(06-04-2015 11:36 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 11:11 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Tired of exerting effort in your daily life? Feel like giving up everything? Your job? Your social life? Excellent! This is the game for you!

Weeping

Whatevs, as long as you're not playing FF13, do whatever you want. If you do play it, shame on you. If you like it:

I hated 13. 14 is a really addicting MMO.
06-04-2015, 12:45 PM
(06-04-2015 12:13 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 11:36 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Whatevs, as long as you're not playing FF13, do whatever you want. If you do play it, shame on you. If you like it:

I hated 13.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-04-2015, 01:25 PM
14 couldn't get me hooked past a month free trial. I think what bugged me the most was switching classes reset your stats. That, and fetch quests/ slow leveling.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-04-2015, 02:11 PM
(06-04-2015 01:25 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  14 couldn't get me hooked past a month free trial. I think what bugged me the most was switching classes reset your stats. That, and fetch quests/ slow leveling.

Really? I love the fact that you can level all classes with one character! I haven't had a big problem with slow leveling either. Leves and Fates help a lot with xp accumulation, in my opinion. My only complaint is shitty gear when leveling up. You don't begin to find good gear until around the level 20's range.

If you ever decide to give it another shot, tag along with me! Big Grin
06-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Ah yeah, I gave up on my fire mage (thasvafvav weird name) around early level 20s. Well, by gave up, I mean I stopped playing and never had the urge to start again. I was also weaving stuff, and doing 2 or 3 other crafting skills.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-04-2015, 05:34 PM
I've watched some people play and adore it lately but as a lover of rpgs of many kinds, mmos is just something that never clicked with me. Having to deal with people n all that whatnot, bah.

But sweet fat chocobo heaven, that's the real chocobo paradise.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-04-2015, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 12:09 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Sorry, but my biggest problem with MMO's is the other people. I've played World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, The Lord of the Rings: Online, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. Nothing could hold my attention for more than a few weeks, all of them got very tedious and way too grindy, none of them offered more compelling gameplay more involved than watching hotbar icons cool-down.

That, and I've never played an MMORPG that scratches the same itch and fulfills the same desires as a Fallout or an Elder Scrolls game, or even a Mass Effect. I want to be the hero and the unstoppable baddass, not one of the thousands of 'destined' assholes on a server. Because when everyone is special, no one is.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-04-2015, 04:53 AM

FFXIV also have one of the most emotional game themes i have heard.