Trump’s cabinet in the White House

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Trump’s cabinet in the White House
(14-12-2016 01:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 01:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  I came across this article by Lawrence Krauss in the New Yorker about the anti-science theme in Trump's cabinet choices.
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/d...on-science

"Last week, the Space, Science, and Technology subcommittee of the House of Representatives tweeted a misleading story from Breitbart News: “Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists.” (There is always some drop in temperature when El Niño transitions into La Niña—but there has been no anomalous plunge.) Under normal circumstances, this tweet wouldn’t be so surprising: Lamar Smith, the chair of the committee since 2013, is a well-known climate-change denier. But these are not normal times. The tweet is best interpreted as something new: a warning shot. It’s a sign of things to come—a declaration of the Trump Administration’s intent to sideline science."

ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs ... or more likely just stoopid.

I screamed at my television this morning when a Trump transition team member (Scaramucci) said this in an exchange about climate change:

CUOMO: I just want you to understand it's not ideological for me. I’m just stating to you what the proposition is from the scientific community.

SCARAMUCCI: But it isn't for me either.

CUOMO: But you don't accept the science. Let me just move on to something else, though -

SCARAMUCCI: I didn't say that. I said I’m not –

CUOMO: You said you don't know. I'm saying the scientific community does.

SCARAMUCCI: But you're saying that you do, and you're saying the scientific community knows, and I'm saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet.

I just can't even.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
14-12-2016, 02:16 PM
(14-12-2016 02:12 PM)julep Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 01:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs ... or more likely just stoopid.

I screamed at my television this morning when a Trump transition team member (Scaramucci) said this in an exchange about climate change:

CUOMO: I just want you to understand it's not ideological for me. I’m just stating to you what the proposition is from the scientific community.

CUOMO: But you don't accept the science. Let me just move on to something else, though -

SCARAMUCCI: But you're saying that you do, and you're saying the scientific community knows, and I'm saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet.

I just can't even.

Laughat You're the jokers who put a man on the Moon. Pale shadow of your former selves.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-12-2016, 02:28 PM
(14-12-2016 02:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No it's worse than that. Here's the election results ranked by % of electoral college won. He's calling everyone an idiot to their face. and he's gonna get away with it. Only liberal commie bastards would bother to question what is obviously common knowledge. The victory was yuuuuuge. Only 45 out of 58 were yuuugggerrr.

[Image: electionresults_zps2ieaz8tk.png]

That's an amazing list, Grily. I don't know what happened between Washington and Adams. Washington had 100% and John Quincy Adam, the 6th president, had only 32%. I don't know the story behind that election. And then I'm surprised that Lincoln had such a large percentage of the electoral votes given the nation was so divided about slavery.

Probably Gerrymandering.
14-12-2016, 06:07 PM
(14-12-2016 02:12 PM)julep Wrote:  I screamed at my television this morning when a Trump transition team member (Scaramucci) said this in an exchange about climate change:

I just can't even.

I keep trying to read your post but the only thing my brain is registering is "Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?"

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2016, 06:09 PM
(14-12-2016 01:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  I came across this article by Lawrence Krauss in the New Yorker about the anti-science theme in Trump's cabinet choices.
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/d...on-science

"Last week, the Space, Science, and Technology subcommittee of the House of Representatives tweeted a misleading story from Breitbart News: “Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists.” (There is always some drop in temperature when El Niño transitions into La Niña—but there has been no anomalous plunge.) Under normal circumstances, this tweet wouldn’t be so surprising: Lamar Smith, the chair of the committee since 2013, is a well-known climate-change denier. But these are not normal times. The tweet is best interpreted as something new: a warning shot. It’s a sign of things to come—a declaration of the Trump Administration’s intent to sideline science."

How’s this to raise the hair on the back of your neck? Trump wants the names of scientists who have worked on climate change projects. What the fuck for I wonder?

“The Department of Energy is refusing the Trump transition team’s request to name those who have worked on climate change within the department, because of concerns about what the incoming administration will do with the names."

“On Tuesday, the department released a statement saying the questionnaire had “unsettled" many in its workforce, that it would "be forthcoming with all [publicly] available information" but it would withhold "any individual names."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...ntent=2041

[Image: a24d6114c10bb5f8db5d682bb64b2c02.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-12-2016, 06:11 PM
(14-12-2016 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 02:12 PM)julep Wrote:  I screamed at my television this morning when a Trump transition team member (Scaramucci) said this in an exchange about climate change:

I just can't even.

I keep trying to read your post but the only thing my brain is registering is "Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?"

Very very frightening.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
14-12-2016, 06:14 PM
(14-12-2016 02:12 PM)julep Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 01:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs ... or more likely just stoopid.

I just can't even.

I thought you had to be kidding until I watched the video.

https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/12/1...ion/214816

We’re fucked.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-12-2016, 06:18 PM
I think we would be better off if Trump's cabinet was filled with hookers and blow. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2016, 06:30 PM
(14-12-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think we would be better off if Trump's cabinet was filled with hookers and blow. Undecided

Is that Kanye dude gangsta?

#sigh
14-12-2016, 07:00 PM
(14-12-2016 06:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We’re fucked.

Gotta love the fact that this is the consensus and we aren't even half way to the inaugurination yet.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post