Trump’s cabinet in the White House

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Trump’s cabinet in the White House
(14-12-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think we would be better off if Trump's cabinet was filled with hookers and blow. Undecided

Is that Kanye dude gangsta?

A wanna be gangsta.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2016, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2016 11:00 PM by Full Circle.)
(14-12-2016 07:00 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 06:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We’re fucked.

Gotta love the fact that this is the consensus and we aren't even half way to the inaugurination yet.

What is amazing to me is that I reviewed my finances with my accountant a few days ago and he says Rump will be the best thing to ever happen to my pocket book. I left thinking OK, sure, I’ll have some extra cash but what good is it if the environment goes to shit?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-12-2016, 07:15 PM
(14-12-2016 07:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What is amazing to me is that I reviewed my finances with my accountant a few days ago and he says Rump will be the best thing to ever happen to my pocket book.

Yeah, feels like the heady days of 2007.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-12-2016, 07:39 PM
(14-12-2016 07:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I left thinking OK, sure, I’ll have some extra cash but what good is it of the environment goes to shit?

I was thinking about the climate change deniers getting high-level positions and realized that there are 3 possibilities:

1. Climate change is not real -- if this turns out to be true (I'm definitely NOT claiming it is) then what we get is more pollution, strip mining, deforestation, destruction of wilderness areas, etc. Basically, long-term problems and lower quality of life in exchange for short-term gains.

2. Climate change is real but humans aren't a significant role -- in this case the major problems won't come any faster but we also won't be doing anything to prepare for them or even potentially stave them off.

3. Climate change is real and humans are playing a significant role in it -- if this is the case then we speed up the process and make things much worse much quicker with potentially disastrous and irrevocable consequences.

The saddest part is that #1 is the best possible avenue and the least likely. #3 is the worst case and may be the most likely. None of the options are good. We are truly fucked.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-12-2016, 11:05 PM
(14-12-2016 07:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 07:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I left thinking OK, sure, I’ll have some extra cash but what good is it of the environment goes to shit?

I was thinking about the climate change deniers getting high-level positions and realized that there are 3 possibilities:

1. Climate change is not real -- if this turns out to be true (I'm definitely NOT claiming it is) then what we get is more pollution, strip mining, deforestation, destruction of wilderness areas, etc. Basically, long-term problems and lower quality of life in exchange for short-term gains.

2. Climate change is real but humans aren't a significant role -- in this case the major problems won't come any faster but we also won't be doing anything to prepare for them or even potentially stave them off.

3. Climate change is real and humans are playing a significant role in it -- if this is the case then we speed up the process and make things much worse much quicker with potentially disastrous and irrevocable consequences.

The saddest part is that #1 is the best possible avenue and the least likely. #3 is the worst case and may be the most likely. None of the options are good. We are truly fucked.

We’ll be like China

[Image: 151130-beijingsmog-2-editorial.jpg]

Or Haiti

[Image: haitian%2Bdeforestation.bmp]

Then what good is having a few extra bucks?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-12-2016, 12:42 AM
(14-12-2016 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Then what good is having a few extra bucks?

Well to be perfectly honest, if the here and now is all that's left, a few extra bucks will be handy to hire the string quartet to keep playing while the whole thing descends into the abyss...

Life is always better with a soundtrack. Blush

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-12-2016, 12:52 AM
(15-12-2016 12:42 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-12-2016 11:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Then what good is having a few extra bucks?

Well to be perfectly honest, if the here and now is all that's left, a few extra bucks will be handy to hire the string quartet to keep playing while the whole thing descends into the abyss...

Life is always better with a soundtrack. Blush

The string quartet eats everyone.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2016, 01:57 AM
Trump Names Carl Icahn as Adviser on Regulatory Overhaul
http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-nam...1482354552

Another multi-billionaire, but at least this one was announced well in advance on the campaign trail.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-12-2016, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 02:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Everyone who voted Trump for his 'drain the swamp' bullshit need a serious reality check. He's not draining anything, he's adding harbor mines, piranhas, and frickin' laser sharks.

I propose lining up all of those voters, having them collectively bend over and drop trousers, and proceeding to let Trump's cabinet members perform TSA-grade cavity searches (without lube) on that entire part of the electorate. If only so they never forget the fucking they're about to receive.

Also they should be shown the remaining 1% voters, who will benefit from Trump's presidency, doing hookers and blow; just to drive home who the 'have' and 'have nots' really are.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Scott Pruitt, longtime adversary of EPA, confirmed to lead the agency into Oblivion (italics mine)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ener...3a5b8f171d

“Pruitt has sued the EPA more than a dozen times during the Obama administration, challenging the agency’s authority to regulate toxic mercury pollution, smog, carbon emissions from power plants and the quality of wetlands and other waters."

“More than 700 former EPA officials recently wrote to Congress opposing Pruitt’s confirmation, saying he “has gone to disturbing lengths to advance the views and interests of business.”

[Image: WTF.jpg?1469655863]

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post