Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution
(22-09-2017 01:19 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Does the amendmend process tolerate or even encourage adding completely new "rules" or rights, formerly not known of or not being mentioned at all in the original document?

I understand amendmend as "adding to something already existing", thats why i am asking.

I get why you're asking. I think maybe. When weed goes recreational nationally, which it inevitably will, that might qualify.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2017, 04:00 AM
...as long as it's Christian religious beliefs, I assume.

God damnit, get these crazies out of the legal system!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2017, 09:53 AM
(22-09-2017 01:19 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Does the amendmend process tolerate or even encourage adding completely new "rules" or rights, formerly not known of or not being mentioned at all in the original document?

I understand amendmend as "adding to something already existing", thats why i am asking.

The answer to your original question is "yes". The original Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments) was an addition -- not a change to existing clauses, as far as I know (I don't think the original document said anything about rights). Later on, there was a famous amendment that prohibited the sale of alcoholic beverages, and 14 years later (I may be off by a few years on that number), another amendment repealing that one. So amendments can deal with things that are not mentioned at all in the basic Constitution. However, getting an amendment passed is quite difficult, and that was the founders' intention. They meant it to be flexible and amendable, but not easily so.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post