Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution
Anything to rile up the liberals. Why am I not surprised?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution
(13-09-2017 11:54 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Anything to rile up the liberals. Why am I not surprised?

Do you think that she wasn’t serious and doesn’t really think that she should put her religious beliefs ahead of the Constitution and rule of law?

Personally, I tend to take people at their word. If she tells me she’s a theocrat, I believe her. I don’t automatically assume someone’s a troll and is intentionally stirring the pot.
[+] 4 users Like Rachel's post
13-09-2017, 02:55 PM
(12-09-2017 09:24 AM)Rachel Wrote:  If that is Barrett’s position, and she has written extensively that it is what she believes, it automatically disqualifies her for any position in America’s judicial system. No judge, federal or otherwise, can blatantly disregard the only basis for law in the United States, the U.S. Constitution. Barrett claims the law of the land is secondary to a judge’s religious belief.

I submit that part of the problem lies in the law itself, ie., the wording:

"Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office:

'I, ______________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _______ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.'"

-- U.S. Code:Title 28 :Part I :Chapter 21, § 453, emphasis added

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
13-09-2017, 03:04 PM
(12-09-2017 12:45 PM)abaris Wrote:  There is no such thing as an evangelical catholic or a catholic evangelical. Evangelical is an exclusively protestant brand of crazy.

Um...

Evangelical Catholicism

The Evangelical Catholic

Evangelical Catholicism, Pope Francis, and the 21st-Century Church

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
13-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Okay. This is worrying.

Question. Is there anything being done to protest these things over in America? I see a lot of complaining on the internet, but is anything being done?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-09-2017, 03:57 PM
(13-09-2017 03:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay. This is worrying.

Question. Is there anything being done to protest these things over in America? I see a lot of complaining on the internet, but is anything being done?
As in what? General there's when appointments the get out to tell your congressmen it's not okay pushes or an alcu group may file unconstitutional legal charges upon the person of office.

But to do what really, this is an idea held by many republican politicians.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Organised protests etc.

People need to affect change.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
13-09-2017, 11:37 PM
(13-09-2017 04:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Organised protests etc.

People need to affect change.

Once people lose faith in government - in elections and elected officials... it's more or less the beginning of the end. Oligarchy, corruption and general incompetence await. There will still be isolated pockets of excellence, but as Trump and his crowd so aptly put it, a fish rots from the head down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-09-2017, 03:12 AM
(13-09-2017 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  Once people lose faith in government - in elections and elected officials... it's more or less the beginning of the end. Oligarchy, corruption and general incompetence await. There will still be isolated pockets of excellence, but as Trump and his crowd so aptly put it, a fish rots from the head down.

I hope they do something. America is a danger.

Banjo.
14-09-2017, 08:02 AM
(14-09-2017 03:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  Once people lose faith in government - in elections and elected officials... it's more or less the beginning of the end. Oligarchy, corruption and general incompetence await. There will still be isolated pockets of excellence, but as Trump and his crowd so aptly put it, a fish rots from the head down.

I hope they do something. America is a danger.

America will become a copy of Russia. Ridiculous wealth at the expense of the people. They'll continue the charade of elections etc as entertainment. Every now and them some twit will displease the top brass and be hung out to dry for "corruption" - an ironic fate, given that everyone in government will be corrupt. Much like the current Africa, the cost of doing business will skyrocket as bribery becomes entrenched. Once this kind of shit really gets going it can't be stopped. If anyone wants to prevent it the time is now. The difficulty is in knowing what to do.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post