Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: Trump Appellate Nominee Says Her Religion Supersedes the Constitution
(17-09-2017 07:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  We don't respond well to so called authority. Nor patriotism. The vestige of scoundrels.

And we love you for it.
But Americans believe in tough-love. ArgueHeart

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2017, 04:38 PM
(17-09-2017 08:38 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  It's not just Republicans against Democrats. There are great divisions even within the major parties, and many Americans are Independents as well. We likely could never split into just two warring sides.

Our system was created in such a way that compromise is necessary, and some people don't want to compromise anymore.

Our system was created in such a way as to make compromise possible, but unfortunately not in such a way as to make it necessary. That's why we seesaw from one flavor of gridlock to another every four years or so. In a way I'd prefer a parliamentary system over what we have, where you have multiple parties that have to compromise in order to form a government. We don't even have two parties anymore. We've got Republican and Republican-lite.

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
19-09-2017, 04:53 PM
(18-09-2017 08:42 AM)Rachel Wrote:  The concept is similar to the new concept of “alternative facts” or “fake news,” where true facts one disagrees with may be summarily dismissed with a label.

I hate even seeing that phrase used in print.
It seems to lend credence to the idea that there is any such thing as an "alternative" fact.

<sigh> We're living in 1984; it just happened to come 30 years late.

--
Dr H

[+] 4 users Like Dr H's post
20-09-2017, 12:33 AM
(17-09-2017 07:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I'm not responsible for interpretation.

[Image: Neil-deGrasse-Tyson.jpg]

Hande hoch! Hande hoch!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-09-2017, 12:42 AM
(17-09-2017 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Caring alone is not enough. One must act.

I see this all though history.

And of course many of us do act. We who do don't deserve your broad-brush. If you don't like getting the push-back, maybe you should practice a little more nuance in thought.

Of course, if you've got your own stone to polish, far be it for me or anyone else to stop you from your task. Rub it to a shine, and hopefully you'll feel really good at the end of it all.

We've seen that all through history, too, because wanting to feel superior is pretty human. Even for you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-09-2017, 03:57 AM
(19-09-2017 04:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  We've got Republican and Republican-lite.

Bernie Sanders is literally not a Democrat.
20-09-2017, 04:30 AM
(20-09-2017 12:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-09-2017 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Caring alone is not enough. One must act.

I see this all though history.

And of course many of us do act. We who do don't deserve your broad-brush. If you don't like getting the push-back, maybe you should practice a little more nuance in thought.

Of course, if you've got your own stone to polish, far be it for me or anyone else to stop you from your task. Rub it to a shine, and hopefully you'll feel really good at the end of it all.

We've seen that all through history, too, because wanting to feel superior is pretty human. Even for you.

Cry me a river.

Life sucks, then you die. Get over it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-09-2017, 05:09 AM
I hate these hypocritical fuckface fundies. These same assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the middle east, but it seems they want to foster a bible based theocracy here.

NO YOU STUPID BITCH, Our Constitution is why we don't look like Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
20-09-2017, 05:50 AM
(20-09-2017 05:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I hate these hypocritical fuckface fundies. These same assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the middle east, but it seems they want to foster a bible based theocracy here.

NO YOU STUPID BITCH, Our Constitution is why we don't look like Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Exactly right!
It seems that people have lost the plot.
All of the victories in civil rights, gay rights, women's rights and many other progressive milestones were 100% constitutional victories. Not democratic. I find it absurd that on a board dedicated to Atheism people would not have a much higher regard for constitutional protections.
The new left is a mystery to me and they actually have managed to make a putz like Ben Shapiro sound sagacious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4VZTVEFC4

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
20-09-2017, 05:56 AM
(20-09-2017 05:50 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 05:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I hate these hypocritical fuckface fundies. These same assholes rightfully condemn the theocracies of the middle east, but it seems they want to foster a bible based theocracy here.

Exactly right!
It seems that people have lost the plot.
All of the victories in civil rights, gay rights, women's rights and many other progressive milestones were 100% constitutional victories. Not democratic. I find it absurd that on a board dedicated to Atheism people would not have a much higher regard for constitutional protections.
The new left is a mystery to me and they actually have managed to make a putz like Ben Shapiro sound sagacious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4VZTVEFC4

Can you please clarify? Not sure where you get the idea that most atheists on this board don't understand the Constitution. I think most here understand it better than most theists.

Just like on average most atheists know the bible better than those who claim to follow it.

If I am misunderstanding you, feel free to correct me.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user