Trump Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Trump Corner
Talking here about the one he's painting himself into.

It should be obvious by now that Trump's sole "strategy" is to keep himself the first headline in the news by any means - and the easiest means is to simply be more outrageous than anybody else. By easiest I don't mean easy: being more outrageous than a standard Republican is a challenge, but Trump has (so far) met that challenge.

But Trump has long held the patent on being more outrageous than anyone else; it's his trademark. At the moment he's heading the headlines roster because he's trod onto the boards of a new stage, political theater.

But what everybody (including Trump) forgets is that news is news because it's UNUSUAL. What's usual isn't interesting. What's usual is never news. The way the world really is ISN'T news.

Trump being outrageous is what Trump really is. It won't stay news.

Pretty soon Trump will find himself one headline down from the top, his headline saying "Trump Did Something Outrageous Again Today". To regain the top spot he'd have to top himself. If being more outrageous than a Republican is a challenge try being Trump trying to be more outrageous than himself. It might violate six axioms of physics to pull that off.

We're a long way from the first meaningful presidential venues. Well before we get there Trump will have straitjacketed himself in that corner, no longer able to command the headlines by being outrageous because Trump being outrageous won't be news. What the other candidates are saying and doing will be.

Of course Trump COULD top himself by suddenly showing himself a mature, educated, thoughtful candidate taking genuine interest in issues larger than him. The Moon could also fall into the Atlantic Ocean.

Stay tuned.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Airportkid's post
28-08-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Trump Corner
Trump said that taxes on the rich need to be increased. If this guy gets a the nomination....he beats the democrat.
08-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Trump's bumping into this corner more quickly than I expected.
08-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:“I think he’s a schoolyard bully who does not reflect any of the values and principles that I see from Americans on both sides,” Mr. Beck said, expressing frustration that the anger Mr. Trump has tapped into is often associated with the Tea Party. “He’s not a Tea Party guy,” he said.

When even the Tea Party thinks you're loopy...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-10-2015, 11:21 PM
(08-10-2015 11:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
Quote:“I think he’s a schoolyard bully who does not reflect any of the values and principles that I see from Americans on both sides,” Mr. Beck said, expressing frustration that the anger Mr. Trump has tapped into is often associated with the Tea Party. “He’s not a Tea Party guy,” he said.

When even the Tea Party thinks you're loopy...

Beck is just upset Trump has stolen his extreme rambling say whatever nonsense and "feel it is true" type of media attention.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-10-2015, 11:47 PM
(28-08-2015 02:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Trump said that taxes on the rich need to be increased. If this guy gets a the nomination....he beats the democrat.

I forgive you for being an idiot.

He wants to decrease taxes all over the board (for everyone), especially the rich who would see around a 20% tax reduction. He also wants to get rid of inheritance tax, corporate tax (yes that's right, eliminate corporate tax) and reduce the tax on capital gains and dividends.

That's not increases taxes for the rich, not at all.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
08-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Trump's big problem is he has maxed out his support. Whenever someone drops out of the race their support will go to someone other than Trump. For example: RCP has Kasich at 3.2 percent. If Kasich drops out of the race very little if any of that 3.2 percent is going toward Trump.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot Earmuffs.
09-10-2015, 12:00 AM
(08-10-2015 11:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me an idiot Earmuffs.

You actually are an idiot though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-10-2015, 01:11 AM
(09-10-2015 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 11:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me an idiot Earmuffs.

You actually are an idiot though.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot morondog.
09-10-2015, 04:42 AM
(08-10-2015 11:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Trump's big problem is he has maxed out his support. Whenever someone drops out of the race their support will go to someone other than Trump. For example: RCP has Kasich at 3.2 percent. If Kasich drops out of the race very little if any of that 3.2 percent is going toward Trump.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot Earmuffs.

That's simply logically inaccurate, the range of support of him can go at any point and primary debates still do waiver people on influence so there is no "maxed out" support in October still months way out of the primary votes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson