Trump Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: Trump Corner
(28-08-2015 02:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Trump said that taxes on the rich need to be increased. If this guy gets a the nomination....he beats the democrat.

I might have entertained this notion up until recently. He had been talking about raising taxes on the wealthy. He was running an interesting campaign of revanchism, racism, and economic populism. I'm not sure he could have gotten enough votes for the general election, but he was pissing the Republicans off on two fronts (pandering to the very toxic element of their party they try to downplay, and not swearing fealty to plutocrats).

Then, last week, he released his tax plan. It looks like taxes are going down for the wealthy and for businesses, apart from closing unspecified "loopholes".

(08-10-2015 11:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Trump's big problem is he has maxed out his support. Whenever someone drops out of the race their support will go to someone other than Trump. For example: RCP has Kasich at 3.2 percent. If Kasich drops out of the race very little if any of that 3.2 percent is going toward Trump.

This is why it's pretty much impossible for him to win the nomination. Back when he started polling really high, there were still a majority of Republicans who said they wouldn't vote for him. His numbers are artificially high because there are so many other contenders.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 06:42 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
Can Trump win? Yes.

Will he win? That's a different story.

He appeals to a massive group of people. I don't think the polls tell the whole story. I'm pretty active on all forms of social media. And all day no matter where I'm at, Facebook, twitter, message boards, its Trump Trump Trump Trump support. Comments section on fox and cnn is Trump Trump Trump all day long. You see a scattered Hillary supporter, or a Sanders 2016 thrown in there. And it's something I didn't see with Romney. Hispanics, blacks, whites, Asians. Seeing lots of "used to be Democrat but voting for Trump" comments too. Even some of my military friends that were originally for Webb are now on the Trump train.

Now either Trump is paying these people to do this (doubtful), or his supporters are just more active and into it. That could come to be his benefit later. A high energy base that is willing to spread the word is free advertising.

And I'm not blind to the fact that Carson and Trump are playing VERY nice with each other. They rarely attack each other, and have lately often even defended each other. Are they planning a Trump/Carson ticket behind closed doors this early? Could the addition of Carson to Trump's campaign (if he wins the nomination) help with attracting minorities? Carson's Facebook page membership numbers have jumped up to over 4 million, a lot of them Trump supporters. Trump also has 4 million on Facebook. To compare, Sanders and Clinton barely have 3 million TOGETHER (1.5 million for Clinton, 1.6 million for Sanders). Considering the average age of Facebook users is 40, and the majority are young people, I would not have expected those kind of numbers. I'm not saying more people on social media means more votes, I'm saying that's a whole lot more people spreading your message for free, dominating the conversation.

It's still early in the game, a lot can happen. It won't be easy for anyone. But some are having it easier than others. Trump hasn't spent any money on advertising yet, its all been free. He allotted something like 20 million over the summer and never spent a penny.

Hillary and Sanders can poll high. They can win head to head matchups in the polls against republicans. It's easy to say who you support over the phone from the comfort of your couch. Doesn't mean people will show up on election day. Their low social media turnout isn't a good sign of an enthusiast base.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-10-2015, 06:53 AM
(09-10-2015 06:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can Trump win? Yes.

Will he win? That's a different story.

He appeals to a massive group of people. I don't think the polls tell the whole story. I'm pretty active on all forms of social media. And all day no matter where I'm at, Facebook, twitter, message boards, its Trump Trump Trump Trump support. Comments section on fox and cnn is Trump Trump Trump all day long. You see a scattered Hillary supporter, or a Sanders 2016 thrown in there. And it's something I didn't see with Romney. Hispanics, blacks, whites, Asians. Seeing lots of "used to be Democrat but voting for Trump" comments too. Even some of my military friends that were originally for Webb are now on the Trump train.

Now either Trump is paying these people to do this (doubtful), or his supporters are just more active and into it. That could come to be his benefit later. A high energy base that is willing to spread the word is free advertising.

And I'm not blind to the fact that Carson and Trump are playing VERY nice with each other. They rarely attack each other, and have lately often even defended each other. Are they planning a Trump/Carson ticket behind closed doors this early? Could the addition of Carson to Trump's campaign (if he wins the nomination) help with attracting minorities? Carson's Facebook page membership numbers have jumped up to over 4 million, a lot of them Trump supporters. Trump also has 4 million on Facebook. To compare, Sanders and Clinton barely have 3 million TOGETHER (1.5 million for Clinton, 1.6 million for Sanders). Considering the average age of Facebook users is 40, and the majority are young people, I would not have expected those kind of numbers. I'm not saying more people on social media means more votes, I'm saying that's a whole lot more people spreading your message for free, dominating the conversation.

It's still early in the game, a lot can happen. It won't be easy for anyone. But some are having it easier than others. Trump hasn't spent any money on advertising yet, its all been free. He allotted something like 20 million over the summer and never spent a penny.

Hillary and Sanders can poll high. They can win head to head matchups in the polls against republicans. It's easy to say who you support over the phone from the comfort of your couch. Doesn't mean people will show up on election day. Their low social media turnout isn't a good sign of an enthusiast base.

I don't know why you presume followers is supporters.

If you describe yourself as one of these Trump supporters, you're the first I've come across. I know plenty folks following Trump on media sites though, because they find it hilarious or realize the joke of it all. Not that it means they would even vote or if so would for him.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-10-2015, 06:55 AM
Perhaps it is like hits on Youtube. Just because someone has 1,000.000 hits does not mean they may have sold that many recordings?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-10-2015, 07:12 AM
I specifically said social media supporters might not mean votes. I'm just showing how fired up people are, the enthusiasm level. Trump is packing thousands of people into stadiums. Hillary is struggling with 150 people in town hall meetings. Sanders is doing better than Hillary in that regard.

It will come down to who is fired up enough to get off the couch on election day. Obama got the video gamers to push pause for a couple hours. Can the dems do that in 2016?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-10-2015, 07:15 AM
(09-10-2015 07:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I specifically said social media supporters might not mean votes. I'm just showing how fired up people are, the enthusiasm level. Trump is packing thousands of people into stadiums. Hillary is struggling with 150 people in town hall meetings. Sanders is doing better than Hillary in that regard.

It will come down to who is fired up enough to get off the couch on election day. Obama got the video gamers to push pause for a couple hours. Can the dems do that in 2016?

I know. That's why I posed it as a question.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Here is Trumps Tax Plan.

Just a no Surprise 75% of his speech is about how great he thinks he is.

The rest is him responding with no context responses.

"This is a great plan."

"We have top people working on this."

"Let's make america strong again."

"I'm the best at the economy."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-10-2015, 11:40 AM
(09-10-2015 06:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And I'm not blind to the fact that Carson and Trump are playing VERY nice with each other. They rarely attack each other, and have lately often even defended each other. Are they planning a Trump/Carson ticket behind closed doors this early? Could the addition of Carson to Trump's campaign (if he wins the nomination) help with attracting minorities?....

I am thinking this too. I watched an interview with Carson and the reported asked him if he thought Trumps comments about vaccination causing autism were irresponsible. The reported basically handed Carson a bat in which to beat up Trump but Carson didn't use it. I forgot what Carson's response was but he basically down played Trump's comments instead of attacking him on it. I thought that was a little strange and figured they Trump and Carson are talking behind closed doors.
10-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Carson is an idiot and he is woefully uninformed. Every time he opens his mouth, I think he sinks a little lower. I do not get what the appeal of him is at all.

Trump is not an idiot, but his ego and his need to engage in childish name calling is pretty much going to doom him. You can't keep insulting women and minorities and expect to win. Well, maybe you can win the Republican nomination but you are never going to win a national election that way. That is pretty much the reason I think the Democrats are going to win this thing and Hillary Clinton is going to be our next President. The Republicans make it a point of pissing people off and making stupid comment about things like "legitimate rape" that implies women are just faking rapes to get abortions. Although he didn't say it and even distanced himself from it, those types of comments hurt Romney with women and probably helped him lose the election (it wasn't any one thing).

I'm sort of hoping that Biden runs at this point. I have no great love for Biden but I think if he runs he will win. Which means Hillary won't win. Which will make me very happy because I think she's despicable. So, I'm hoping for Biden to get in the race. Problem with him is he also has a tendency to open his mouth and stick his foot up all the way to his knee. But, he's not an obnoxious douchebag the way Trump is, so I think he can better get away with it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
10-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Still a year until any actual elections happen.

It is safe to say that the elections in your country have mutated from being the democratic process of changing government - into it`s own industry with it`s own customers and profits to be made by media and candidates. And discussions like this simply contribute to that.

I bet alot of sanity would return to US politics if people would simply ignore the lengthy useless part of the US election and only pay attention during the last 4 weeks before the actual election even happens.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post