Trump Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Trump Corner
Quote:Of course Trump COULD top himself by suddenly showing himself a mature, educated, thoughtful candidate taking genuine interest in issues larger than him.

That would instantly disqualify him for the shitheads who make up the republicunt base.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
10-10-2015, 05:12 PM
(10-10-2015 04:48 PM)BnW Wrote:  Carson is an idiot and he is woefully uninformed. Every time he opens his mouth, I think he sinks a little lower. I do not get what the appeal of him is at all.

Trump is not an idiot, but his ego and his need to engage in childish name calling is pretty much going to doom him. You can't keep insulting women and minorities and expect to win. Well, maybe you can win the Republican nomination but you are never going to win a national election that way. That is pretty much the reason I think the Democrats are going to win this thing and Hillary Clinton is going to be our next President. The Republicans make it a point of pissing people off and making stupid comment about things like "legitimate rape" that implies women are just faking rapes to get abortions. Although he didn't say it and even distanced himself from it, those types of comments hurt Romney with women and probably helped him lose the election (it wasn't any one thing).

I'm sort of hoping that Biden runs at this point. I have no great love for Biden but I think if he runs he will win. Which means Hillary won't win. Which will make me very happy because I think she's despicable. So, I'm hoping for Biden to get in the race. Problem with him is he also has a tendency to open his mouth and stick his foot up all the way to his knee. But, he's not an obnoxious douchebag the way Trump is, so I think he can better get away with it.

Biden is a safe pick. He doesn't appear, now or in the past, to have an agenda. There's nothing to really hate about the guy. He doesn't lean so far to the left like a Clinton or Sanders so he will appeal to a lot of independent voters. He's authored some anti gun bills over the years but I doubt the house of reps will be switching to dem control any time soon. The next president, if a Democrat, won't get much through no matter what. Biden would be perfect for that. Probably have a smooth running country for a while. Someone like Clinton or Sanders is going to constantly be fighting with a Repub Congress. Nothing will get done. The two sides will blame each other. Everyone will continue hating each other just like the last five years since the dems lost the house. I don't know how long it will take for the pendulum to swing back the other way. Democrats have lost something like 70 house seats since Obama got elected, and over 900 seats in state legislatures. It doesn't appear the country wants someone from the far left. I'd bet on Biden if he runs, or a moderate Republican.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-10-2015, 06:12 PM
A moderate Republican is not winning that primary. If the Republicans put out a candidate who was fiscally conservative (which does not mean giving the banks and corporate interests everything they want TYVM) and didn't deny science, I'd vote for that person.

Not going to happen, though.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
10-10-2015, 06:27 PM
(10-10-2015 06:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  A moderate Republican is not winning that primary. If the Republicans put out a candidate who was fiscally conservative (which does not mean giving the banks and corporate interests everything they want TYVM) and didn't deny science, I'd vote for that person.

Not going to happen, though.

That's a George Pataki or a few of the other 3%-1% types favored in the polls.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth. Lol.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-10-2015, 04:37 AM
Trump said recently that he could've prevented 9/11.
19-10-2015, 04:48 AM
(19-10-2015 04:37 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Trump said recently that he could've prevented 9/11.

Why didn't he then? What a dick!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-10-2015, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 05:01 AM by Free Thought.)
(19-10-2015 04:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 04:37 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Trump said recently that he could've prevented 9/11.

Why didn't he then? What a dick!
Edit; never mind, that joke is too far to even try to fix... Don't mind me, move along. Nothing to see here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-10-2015, 05:05 AM
(28-08-2015 01:32 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Of course Trump COULD top himself by suddenly showing himself a mature, educated, thoughtful candidate taking genuine interest in issues larger than him. The Moon could also fall into the Atlantic Ocean.

Stay tuned.

Wait...there are issues larger than Trump? Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-10-2015, 05:15 AM
(19-10-2015 05:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 01:32 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Of course Trump COULD top himself by suddenly showing himself a mature, educated, thoughtful candidate taking genuine interest in issues larger than him. The Moon could also fall into the Atlantic Ocean.

Stay tuned.

Wait...there are issues larger than Trump? Blink

Not according to Trump.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.