Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"
(24-01-2017 10:13 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 10:01 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Marching and waving placards might be fun, but the only thing that's going to make a change are protesters that VOTE.

HRC lost because she couldn't get the turnout necessary.

Trump winning the WH might be the best thing to happen to the Dems since Nixon self-imploded. But they - the Dems - have to get organized.

Protests changed the political climate of the Vietnam war in the 60's. Huge protests are a visual statement of how voters feel and politicians do pay attention to them. I agree with you, yes the democrats have to get organized.
I don't disagree with you Dances but Trump is not a politician he may not react in the same way as the presidents of the 60's, he's such an unknown quantity and a wild card that its not inconceivable that mass protests could tip him over the edge and give him the excuse to shit all over your constitution and become really tyrannical. If Trump were a chemical explosive he would be Tri acetone Tri peroxide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2017 11:22 AM by ShadowProject.)
(24-01-2017 07:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 11:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought this had to be satire... an onion article or something. This is seriously Kim Jong style leadership. You guys better impeach the fuckhead *now*

I get the feeling the GOP is going to use his antics as a distraction to pass all the legislation they want that would cause public outcry...just my two cents.

And I thought it was the Onion first too, but unfortunately for America, it's the Washington Post.

I have said this all along. His tweets are ridiculous but I feel that it is distracting people from the real problems - the dismantling of our democracy behind the scenes.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
24-01-2017, 10:34 AM
(24-01-2017 09:58 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 09:46 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I honestly thought I would NEVER say this, but I'd rather have GW Bush back than this imbecile. Blink

I'd rather have Richard Nixon and he was a known crook. But at least he wasn't a traitor to the country. His stuff was kinda petty compared to this trump shit.

God I'm soooo angry! Angry

Hug
24-01-2017, 11:20 AM
(24-01-2017 10:24 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 10:13 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Protests changed the political climate of the Vietnam war in the 60's. Huge protests are a visual statement of how voters feel and politicians do pay attention to them. I agree with you, yes the democrats have to get organized.
I don't disagree with you Dances but Trump is not a politician he may not react in the same way as the presidents of the 60's, he's such an unknown quantity and a wild card that its not inconceivable that mass protests could tip him over the edge and give him the excuse to shit all over your constitution and become really tyrannical. If Trump were a chemical explosive he would be Tri acetone Tri peroxide.

Well, I think there needs to be a two pronged approach. Massive protests in the streets get the attention of the Senators and Congresspeople who want to be re-elected. An organized approach is also necessary. I think complacent voters may get involved in this fiasco.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-01-2017, 11:43 AM
And here we have the proof that his inauguration was the best inauguration ever!

[Image: trumptweet_zps8ob2cp4y.jpg]

And he's gonna display it where the crooked, lying press will see it every day.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-01-2017, 12:11 PM
(24-01-2017 11:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  And here we have the proof that his inauguration was the best inauguration ever!

I had to look it up. I thought "this can't be real - someone probably created that to look like a real tweet" - but no, it's real! Facepalm Weeping

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-01-2017, 12:24 PM
(24-01-2017 12:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 11:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  And here we have the proof that his inauguration was the best inauguration ever!

I had to look it up. I thought "this can't be real - someone probably created that to look like a real tweet" - but no, it's real! Facepalm Weeping

Yep, one has to double check one's sources these days. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-01-2017, 12:30 PM
So... was the endearing moniker, douche nozzle created just for this guy?

Seems a charmer. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-01-2017, 01:10 PM
(24-01-2017 12:30 PM)kim Wrote:  So... was the endearing moniker, douche nozzle created just for this guy?

No, he just perfected the art of the douche nozzle

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-01-2017, 02:56 PM
He's so incredibly narcissistic. And not in the adorable way like how I'm narcissistic but in the creepy Charles Manson sort of way.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post