Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"
(24-01-2017 05:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 05:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  Cut it out, Banjo. The popular vote was for Hillary by 3 mil. The majority of us voted against him. How many Trumpians do you see here? 2? It annoys the heck out of me when you say we are responsible for this.

Not our fault you have a broken system that allowed a man to lose by 2.8million votes and still get into power by almost 100 electoral vote lead.

Your broken system is Americas own making.

I thought you weren't worried and Trump wasn't an issue, Muffs.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 09:03 PM
(24-01-2017 08:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 07:14 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Attempted refutation of a history fan followed by denial.

You guys forget to whom you speak. I read many important works from the Hellenes through history until today.

As a result I look long term. An alien concept it seems to many.

This has been brewing for a long time.

What have any of you done to prevent it?

It has been said "People get the leader they deserve".

Perhaps that saying is possible, even for the Romans, the Byzantines, the Americans?

Land of the free. Right?

Dude You need to back off.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2017, 09:19 PM
"Patriotic devotion" scares me.
It sounds like the title of a new Jason Bourne movie.
24-01-2017, 09:23 PM
(24-01-2017 10:26 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 07:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I get the feeling the GOP is going to use his antics as a distraction to pass all the legislation they want that would cause public outcry...just my two cents.

And I thought it was the Onion first too, but unfortunately for America, it's the Washington Post.

I have said this all along. His tweets are ridiculous but I feel that it is distracting people from the real problems - the dismantling of our democracy behind the scenes.

Agreed. For instance, today the House GOP quietly closed the investigation into the Flint water crisis. Btw, they're still drinking bottled water.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-01-2017, 09:34 PM
(24-01-2017 09:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Dude You need to back off.

Land of the slaves.

Got it. Thumbsup

(24-01-2017 09:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Drinking Beverage

Indeed.

(24-01-2017 09:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  "Patriotic devotion" scares me.

Me too.

To those who say "Back off" I answer, I've been warning you of this for years. Every time I mentioned the approaching fall of the American Republic I so often faced "USA! USA!" in one form or another.

I am commenting on history that is now taking place.

That's what this is to me. History.

I can compare this to many events. America is not immune to history.

Which I have said many times.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-01-2017, 09:50 PM
(24-01-2017 09:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 09:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Dude You need to back off.

Land of the slaves.

Got it. Thumbsup

(24-01-2017 09:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Drinking Beverage

Indeed.

(24-01-2017 09:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  "Patriotic devotion" scares me.

Me too.

To those who say "Back off" I answer, I've been warning you of this for years. Every time I mentioned the approaching fall of the American Republic I so often faced "USA! USA!" in one form or another.

I am commenting on history that is now taking place.

That's what this is to me. History.

I can compare this to many events. America is not immune to history.

Which I have said many times.

I think a lot of people on the forum agree with you amigo, just that sometimes... you can be a bit raw when you say it and it feels like you're berating *them*. I don't agree that America is the Land of the Slaves. Their democracy is going to face a real test in the next couple of years though. The question is who will dare to stand up to the man.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-01-2017, 09:54 PM

Is this a famous quote from someone else or is this your own brilliant mind at work?

ps....can I borrow that quote? I reeeeeeally like it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-01-2017, 10:05 PM
(24-01-2017 09:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think a lot of people on the forum agree with you amigo, just that sometimes... you can be a bit raw when you say it and it feels like you're berating *them*. I don't agree that America is the Land of the Slaves. Their democracy is going to face a real test in the next couple of years though. The question is who will dare to stand up to the man.

Well I often get told to hold my Australian tongue. I am even asked to conform to American etiquette.

I know I can be "raw". I actually appreciate it when people are "raw" to me.

To be honest, what happens happens and I am in no position to either change, nor want to change events. I'm half mad man afraid to step outside in case he loses more teeth. Who even cares what I say?

There's so much history in my head. Over 40 years of study worth. I can't at this time edit correctly. My brain does no longer function properly.

My questions to Americans are not individualistic. They are to Americans.

I am old enough to remember crowds in the streets against Vietnam and other such things. It seems, like many a successful empire in history, it's inhabitants have begun to rest on their laurels.

One Roman to another.

"The Vandals??? Pfff."

The protests now taking place should have been ongoing since GWB at least.

As far as I can tell, their country is in more peril than they realise. So I warn them.

As for me, I cannot control my brain anymore. I try and try.... Not happening. I wish it was different. It isn't. So I sit alone all day making bits of model aeroplanes trying to get my fingers to work while dreaming of suicide.

It just gets worse.

That is who is at this end. It's not an excuse because as far as I can tell, comparing historical events, I'm correct.

Somebody please prove me wrong!

America is too great and worthwhile to be allowed to slip away or be stolen. Such as Iulius stealing the republic.

Such a waste! Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-01-2017, 10:10 PM
(24-01-2017 09:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Is this a famous quote from someone else or is this your own brilliant mind at work?

ps....can I borrow that quote? I reeeeeeally like it.

Samuel Johnson. It's in Boswell's book.

I've said it many times on this forum.

Banjo.