Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: Trump Declares Inauguration "National Day of Patriotic Devotion"
Okay, I've just sent a request to be banned.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 11:20 PM
(24-01-2017 10:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay, I've just sent a request to be banned.
Why? because you hurt somebody's feelings? Man up mate!
You are absolutely right. I said many times over the years, my dad would be sickened by the shrinking of what is good, both in the US and abroad.
He gave up his youth and some of his sanity in the Pacific for the shit that went down post-911.
Patriot Act? fucking chickenshit baby boomers, thinking they can somehow legislate safety and security.
That was the beginning of the end here as far as I can see, Banjo.
24-01-2017, 11:35 PM

I certainly prefer you to be here rather than banned. I'm sorry if I made you feel unwelcome. That was definitely not my intent. Also... I hate when other people criticise my posting style so I apologise for doing so to you. Pax? Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-01-2017, 12:01 AM

Banjo, remember your medications make you nutty. We certainly know it. I hereby pronounce you the Never To Be Banned forum member. So there!

Say hello to your pet spider for me.

Actually I'd kill it but I live waaaaaaaaaaay over here---------------------------> O

And you live waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there

O<------------------------------------

Big Grin

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-01-2017, 01:05 AM
I haven't disagreed with anything you've said, really, Banjo, and I consider myself a patriotic American... just not in the way most of our redneck, jingoistic morons use the word.

I think that patriotism is recognizing and owning the bad deeds done by one's nation, and trying to repair them. To keep the promises of liberty and constitutional democracy.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the propaganda war has been won, and not by my side, and that there's little more we can do before the USA goes the way of the Romans-- maybe sooner than we think, if the world is forced to crash our economy (not hard to do) and their own, in order to shut down our rapacious greed that is damaging the ecosphere.

My biggest worry is that it might involve nukes... and that we might be the petulant child-mind that launches them. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-01-2017, 01:12 AM
For what it's worth I really didn't take Banjo's stuff personally or aimed at berating. I get what banjo is saying. When is the last time our democracy really felt like a democracy? I mean... things feel like they're receding at an exponential pace, while the rest of the world progresses. I've watched it since I was a kid, and now I'm an adult going, "What in the actual fuck just happened?"

Thing is: How exactly do you change a government that has it's feet dug in deep with corruption all over the world, in its own government, with corporations, banks, you name it. How do you fix something where a popular vote has no matter if people selected to represent states can just vote willy nilly who they want based on what people say they should, but don't actually have to.

It's a fucked up system at this point. I don't really know what to say, how to really react, or what to even do about it. I feel like there's more ignorant people who are paranoid and all falling into the patriotism shit than there is rational people. Part of me wants to toss my hands up and go, "Fuck it. I'm moving to Germany. You can have it." the rest of me says, "Well, it won't fix itself." But then I'm back at, "Where the fuck do I even start?"

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
25-01-2017, 02:21 AM
(25-01-2017 01:05 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I haven't disagreed with anything you've said, really, Banjo, and I consider myself a patriotic American... just not in the way most of our redneck, jingoistic morons use the word.

I think that patriotism is recognizing and owning the bad deeds done by one's nation, and trying to repair them. To keep the promises of liberty and constitutional democracy.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the propaganda war has been won, and not by my side, and that there's little more we can do before the USA goes the way of the Romans-- maybe sooner than we think, if the world is forced to crash our economy (not hard to do) and their own, in order to shut down our rapacious greed that is damaging the ecosphere.

My biggest worry is that it might involve nukes... and that we might be the petulant child-mind that launches them. Sad

I wonder if comparison with USSR wouldn't be more on point? Though you would have to have Sanders as president for it to be valid - leader trying to reform system unwittingly make it collapse.However it would be only shallowest analogy.

Still Trump could be Konstantin Ustinovich Chernenko who will make way for Gorbachev. Who knows?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-01-2017, 03:07 AM
(24-01-2017 09:03 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 05:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not our fault you have a broken system that allowed a man to lose by 2.8million votes and still get into power by almost 100 electoral vote lead.

Your broken system is Americas own making.

I thought you weren't worried and Trump wasn't an issue, Muffs.

I'm not worried, and I didn't say he wasn't an issue I said he wasn't as big an issue as people make him out to be. And putting that to the side, obviously, I would have liked to see Bernie, and failing that literally anyone else, in power instead of him.

Quote:I think a lot of people on the forum agree with you amigo, just that sometimes... you can be a bit raw when you say it and it feels like you're berating *them*. I don't agree that America is the Land of the Slaves. Their democracy is going to face a real test in the next couple of years though. The question is who will dare to stand up to the man.

What democracy?
Democracy implies that the people a) decide and b) have a choice.
I'd hardly consider Hillary or Trump a "choice" and Hillary beat trump by 2.8million votes and still lost. How is that "democracy"?

That's not even taking into account the blatant system they have of "buying" politicians that's so disgustingly rampant on many levels of their government.
At least with Trump at least they're just cutting out the politician middle man and going straight to the source.

I can see where Banjo is coming from. This is something we've been saying for years and he's right, all you get in response is "USA! USA!". You reap what you sow. And sure, it sucks for the likes of Rev and EA because it is no fault of their own, there is next to nothing they can do about it. But his comments aren't directed at the individual but America as a whole. And they are reaping what they've sown for the past 30-40-50 years and what we've been pointing out for ages.

It's stupid because it's like America is waking up to how shit it is and we're sitting here like "well yea... we've been telling you this for years and you cunts haven't been listening so fuck ya, you reap what you sow.".

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-01-2017, 03:11 AM
Good lord, most people have the decency to masturbate in private, without issuing a proclamation on White House letterhead.
25-01-2017, 03:57 AM
(25-01-2017 01:05 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the propaganda war has been won, and not by my side,

When one does not fight, one loses.

France, 1940. They didn't even bother to destroy their airfields.

Very very sad to learn I was allowed back in.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.