Trump - I can shoot anyone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Trump - I can shoot anyone.
(29-01-2016 10:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not at all embarrassed by not knowing the details of something that has not particularly interested me.
Compared to the whackadoodles the Republicans have put up, her failures are not all that troubling.

But you carry on with your pointless tirade against Hillary in an anti-Trump thread.
I'm not going to apologize for calling out 'anti-Trump' people for spreading misinformation about him. Take the title of this thread, for example. If OP had read the newspaper article he posted or watched the video in the article, he wouldn't have misquoted Trump as saying "I can shoot anyone." That he never actually said those words is an undeniable fact.

As for my posts about Hillary, I don't think they're pointless at all. There is a disturbingly large number of people here who support her and I think they fit into two broad categories. The first one consist of people who are uninformed, people who simply don't know about her past actions. I believe that most of them belong to this category because even someone who is more interested in politics than the average person like you didn't know about the extent of Hillary's failures as SoS and her current troubles with the FBI. The second category consist of people who are informed about Clinton and support her over her rival Bernie Sanders and any GOP candidate (Trump especially) in spite of everything that's wrong with her.

Now, I don't think that there's anything I can say to sway the mind of people who belong to the latter category, but I do think there's a chance to convince people whose only fault is that they're uninformed. You said that that my opinion "affects nothing" since I can't vote and that my support is "meaningless" earlier in this thread. I disagree. If I can get even a single person to change their mind about voting for Hillary by presenting facts about her, then I will have made a difference and there will have been a point to my tirade. I don't intend to convince anyone to vote for Trump in particular because I think that Bernie Sanders would also make a good president, but I very much intend to persuade people from voting for an incompetent old hag like her.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 05:47 PM by Chas.)
(30-01-2016 05:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 10:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not at all embarrassed by not knowing the details of something that has not particularly interested me.
Compared to the whackadoodles the Republicans have put up, her failures are not all that troubling.

But you carry on with your pointless tirade against Hillary in an anti-Trump thread.
I'm not going to apologize for calling out 'anti-Trump' people for spreading misinformation about him. Take the title of this thread, for example. If OP had read the newspaper article he posted or watched the video in the article, he wouldn't have misquoted Trump as saying "I can shoot anyone." That he never actually said those words is an undeniable fact.

As for my posts about Hillary, I don't think they're pointless at all. There is a disturbingly large number of people here who support her and I think they fit into two broad categories. The first one consist of people who are uninformed, people who simply don't know about her past actions. I believe that most of them belong to this category because even someone who is more interested in politics than the average person like you didn't know about the extent of Hillary's failures as SoS and her current troubles with the FBI. The second category consist of people who are informed about Clinton and support her over her rival Bernie Sanders and any GOP candidate (Trump especially) in spite of everything that's wrong with her.

Now, I don't think that there's anything I can say to sway the mind of people who belong to the latter category, but I do think there's a chance to convince people whose only fault is that they're uninformed. You said that that my opinion "affects nothing" since I can't vote and that my support is "meaningless" earlier in this thread. I disagree. If I can get even a single person to change their mind about voting for Hillary by presenting facts about her, then I will have made a difference and there will have been a point to my tirade. I don't intend to convince anyone to vote for Trump in particular because I think that Bernie Sanders would also make a good president, but I very much intend to persuade people from voting for an incompetent old hag like her.

Why do you give a fuck? Consider

Trump Wrote:I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters.
Facepalm

Note: Trump's parallels with other demagogues is too strong to simply dismiss.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2016, 05:47 PM
(30-01-2016 01:29 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't care about Trump's business dealings, although it should be said that if he were to run the country like he ran his businesses, he would have to remember that bankruptcy isn't really an option to rescue bad decisions.

I would never vote Trump for President based on his abysmal understanding of international relations. Take, for instance, his claim that he will make Mexico pay for the wall he envisions. How will he do that? He doesn't himself say. However, it would certainly require odious measures which would bring a definite reaction from Mexico. How desirable is it to have more tension in that relationship?
You're wrong. Trump does say how he intends to make Mexico pay for the wall on his website. You'll find a lot of information about his policies in general there.

(30-01-2016 01:29 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Trump envisions placing more American military forces in the East and South China Seas, as a way to "discourage their adventurism" and enforce tougher trade negotiations with them. At the same time he talks about cutting the deficit and our national debt. The problem is that our military is overextended as it is, and in desperate need of re-equipping. Without an expanded military budget to pay for those needs as well as more extensive Western Pacific operations, how will he fulfill this campaign promise? Either he hasn't thought it through and doesn't see this contradiction in his two positions, or he has, and is hoping people won't notice.
There's a third option: He intends to resolve this contradiction by significantly cutting down on wasteful spending in the military. I don't know how familiar you are with the history of various US government agencies, but they are notorious for being incredibly wasteful with taxpayer money on account of a severe lack of accountability and responsibility by the people in charge. To give you an example, the US army spent over ten million dollars of taxpayer money on trying to find military applications for psychic phenomena (e.g. remote viewing) and ended up - you guessed it - with no results. It's an interesting topic to study up on because there are dozens, if not hundreds of instances like this strewn throughout history.

(30-01-2016 01:29 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Trump wants America "back in the global leadership business". He doesn't seem to realize that America needs to spend its dwindling resources investing in education and infrastructure, both of which will more surely help us be a global leader than will a few more patrols in the East China Sea, which will only add tensions without advancing our vital interests in any meaningful manner.

Bluster does nothing good in diplomacy.
You'd know that this is wrong if you had watched even a single one of his rallies or watched any of his interviews. He constantly harps on the fact that even though the US almost spends the most money per student in the world, they're only 28th place when it comes to education. In his own words, "We’re going to end Common Core, we’re going to have education an absolute priority."

30-01-2016, 05:49 PM
(23-01-2016 08:22 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...rt-n502911

So who do you think he'll shoot first?

And now he tells us his dick is bigger than yours or mine! Maybe it is what Freud called penis envy and he wishes he was black!
30-01-2016, 06:05 PM
(29-01-2016 10:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 09:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  There were how many tens of thousands of e-mails on that server? And 22 sensitive ones were missed.

We should definitely pillory her. Facepalm

But you go right ahead and hate on Hillary, that still doesn't make that pile of shit Trump any more attractive.
Yes, Chas. The FBI is having 150 agents investigate a former Secretary of State for months because of an insignificant ordeal. They're ready to have her indicted because of 22 e-mails. No, actually. Twenty-two is the number of e-mails that contained top secret information, not the number of sensitives ones that were missed. The number of e-mails containing classified information is actually at more than 1,200 right now and the FBI isn't even done looking through the tens of thousands of e-mails! How is it that someone from Europe is better informed about this than you are? Aren't you embarrassed by that? Laughat

Maybe they can turn her over to the same rabid dogs who investigated her for several years looking for something prosecutable while Bill was in office, and spent millions of my and your dollars in their search and found nothing that would stick. Remember that fiasco?
30-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Now, I keep thinking about Trump fitting the depiction of the convos in this video so well. It's basically that Trump thought it out and came to the same conclusions as the last bit.

People absolutely would say, oh yeah that guy deserved to be shot, Trump for pres!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-01-2016, 06:30 PM
(30-01-2016 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you give a fuck? Consider
My answer to this question comes straight from the heart. I care because there is an incredible amount of untapped potential in your country and I want to see that potential realized in my lifetime. Many US patriots say that America is the greatest country in the world, but we both know that that is currently not true by any significant measure. However, I genuinely believe that with the right people in charge, the US actually could be one of the greatest, if not the greatest nation on the planet. Just think about where your country would be right now if they hadn't elected Bush twice, if they hadn't elected politicians who both started and refuse to end the disastrous War on Drugs and so on and so forth.

It makes me angry, Chas. It makes me angry that your country is being run by incompetent politicians who aren't being held accountable for their failures, people who refuse let their decisions be guided by scientific knowledge. You have a popular presidential candidate (Ben Carson) who denies the validity of the theory of evolution, for Christ's sake! Anyone spouting such nonsense would be laughed out of the room in Germany or anywhere else in Europe, yet Ben Carson was at 24% in the polls just a few months ago.

You have such a disgusting amount of lobbyism and corporate greed in your country. Did you know that people here in Prague, for instance, can get 300Mbit/s Internet for $40 a month? Do you know how much half of that, 150Mbit/s, costs in the US? Comcast, for instance, charges $250 a month. And it's not because of any technical reasons, it's because a few ISPs each have a virtual monopoly in their area of operations. Did you know that people in the Czech Republic get a minimum of 20 vacation days every year, as mandated by law? Some employers even voluntarily give their employees more than that. My employer, for instance, gives us 25 vacation days a year and up to five days carry over to the next year if you leave them unused. Did you know that the minimum number of vacation days in the US, as mandated by law, is zero? There are only eight other countries in the entire world with no mandatory number of vacation days! Did you know that even employees who worked for a company for 20 years are only eligible, on average, to 19 days of vacation and regular employees only to 10 days?

This is a topic I could go on about for hours because it's something I'm both passionate and knowledgeable about. Your country is backwards in so many different and unique ways and trails behind numerous third-world countries in various measures. Aren't you incredibly upset about the catastrophic state of affairs in your country? I don't even live in the US and I'm mad as hell. I want to see your country be great and that is where one of Trump's major appeals comes into play. He promises to make America great again. Whether or not he can actually accomplish that remains to be seen, but you have to admit that it's a very compelling message. I would love nothing more than to see either him or Sanders take a shot at it. They are the only people who aren't poisoned by the lobbyism and corruption that are so prevalent in your country; that alone is the reason enough not to vote for anyone but these two candidates.

Who are you planning to vote for this election anyway? Who do you trust to clean up this mess of a country? I bet if you read up on Trump's policies, you'd find that you agree with him on at least some issues. I can't imagine that you don't support his views on the 2nd amendment, for instance.

30-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Trump - I can shoot anyone.
This is awesome.

Quote:Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.
30-01-2016, 06:48 PM
(30-01-2016 06:05 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 10:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yes, Chas. The FBI is having 150 agents investigate a former Secretary of State for months because of an insignificant ordeal. They're ready to have her indicted because of 22 e-mails. No, actually. Twenty-two is the number of e-mails that contained top secret information, not the number of sensitives ones that were missed. The number of e-mails containing classified information is actually at more than 1,200 right now and the FBI isn't even done looking through the tens of thousands of e-mails! How is it that someone from Europe is better informed about this than you are? Aren't you embarrassed by that? Laughat

Maybe they can turn her over to the same rabid dogs who investigated her for several years looking for something prosecutable while Bill was in office, and spent millions of my and your dollars in their search and found nothing that would stick. Remember that fiasco?

Not his dollars, he's a European. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2016, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 07:03 PM by Chas.)
(30-01-2016 06:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you give a fuck? Consider
My answer to this question comes straight from the heart. I care because there is an incredible amount of untapped potential in your country and I want to see that potential realized in my lifetime. Many US patriots say that America is the greatest country in the world, but we both know that that is currently not true by any significant measure. However, I genuinely believe that with the right people in charge, the US actually could be one of the greatest, if not the greatest nation on the planet. Just think about where your country would be right now if they hadn't elected Bush twice, if they hadn't elected politicians who both started and refuse to end the disastrous War on Drugs and so on and so forth.

It makes me angry, Chas. It makes me angry that your country is being run by incompetent politicians who aren't being held accountable for their failures, people who refuse let their decisions be guided by scientific knowledge. You have a popular presidential candidate (Ben Carson) who denies the validity of the theory of evolution, for Christ's sake! Anyone spouting such nonsense would be laughed out of the room in Germany or anywhere else in Europe, yet Ben Carson was at 24% in the polls just a few months ago.

You have such a disgusting amount of lobbyism and corporate greed in your country. Did you know that people here in Prague, for instance, can get 300Mbit/s Internet for $40 a month? Do you know how much half of that, 150Mbit/s, costs in the US? Comcast, for instance, charges $250 a month. And it's not because of any technical reasons, it's because a few ISPs each have a virtual monopoly in their area of operations. Did you know that people in the Czech Republic get a minimum of 20 vacation days every year, as mandated by law? Some employers even voluntarily give their employees more than that. My employer, for instance, gives us 25 vacation days a year and up to five days carry over to the next year if you leave them unused. Did you know that the minimum number of vacation days in the US, as mandated by law, is zero? There are only eight other countries in the entire world with no mandatory number of vacation days! Did you know that even employees who worked for a company for 20 years are only eligible, on average, to 19 days of vacation and regular employees only to 10 days?

This is a topic I could go on about for hours because it's something I'm both passionate and knowledgeable about. Your country is backwards in so many different and unique ways and trails behind numerous third-world countries in various measures. Aren't you incredibly upset about the catastrophic state of affairs in your country? I don't even live in the US and I'm mad as hell. I want to see your country be great and that is where one of Trump's major appeals comes into play. He promises to make America great again. Whether or not he can actually accomplish that remains to be seen, but you have to admit that it's a very compelling message. I would love nothing more than to see either him or Sanders take a shot at it. They are the only people who aren't poisoned by the lobbyism and corruption that are so prevalent in your country; that alone is the reason enough not to vote for anyone but these two candidates.

Who are you planning to vote for this election anyway? Who do you trust to clean up this mess of a country? I bet if you read up on Trump's policies, you'd find that you agree with him on at least some issues. I can't imagine that you don't support his views on the 2nd amendment, for instance.

While I don't truly understand your emotional investment, I can appreciate it and agree with your reasons. The idea of the U.S.A. is remarkable; the actuality - not so much.
So I apologize for appearing dismissive as I really agree with you. But not about Trump. No

I agree with many of his stated positions on issues, I simply don't think he is personally suitable as a president. I don't care for bombastic demagogues who shoot from the hip and lie about it later.

Is he less unacceptable than Carson or Cruz or Rubio? Sure - they're loony.

I am a firm Sanders supporter, and I don't like Clinton at all.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post