Trump - I can shoot anyone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: Trump - I can shoot anyone.
(25-01-2016 08:36 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:22 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...rt-n502911

So who do you think he'll shoot first?

I'm no fan of the man, but please don't de-contextualize statements like that. His meaning was entirely different than this.

It is satire of his obnoxious and outrageous statement. There is no context where that public statement is appropriate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-01-2016, 09:18 PM
(25-01-2016 08:36 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:22 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...rt-n502911

I'm no fan of the man, but please don't de-contextualize statements like that. His meaning was entirely different than this.

In what context would you feel it was an acceptable statement?
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2016, 09:25 PM

At least I am a long way from Manhattan.
26-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Every time is see this thread title I mentally finish it a la Sarah Palin

"I can shoot anyone ...from my backyard!"

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Jonathan Fawell endorsed The Donald today .... sort of funny, siice he's pastor of his father's evangelical (Thomas Road Baptist) church, and Li'll Teddy Cruz, is also an evangelical Baptist who uses his religion to get ahead.
Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-01-2016, 09:58 AM
(23-01-2016 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can anyone support this narcissistic buffoon? Facepalm
Are you genuinely interested in an answer to that question? Because if so, I can name a few reasons to explain why I support him. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-01-2016, 10:09 AM
(27-01-2016 09:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  How can anyone support this narcissistic buffoon? Facepalm
Are you genuinely interested in an answer to that question? Because if so, I can name a few reasons to explain why I support him. Sleepy

I'd be interested, but since you're in Germany it is pointless.

But go right ahead, it should be amusing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2016, 10:54 AM
(27-01-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'd be interested, but since you're in Germany it is pointless.

I'm in the Czech Republic, actually, and I'm not sure why that would make it pointless. I don't need to live in the US to form an opinion about your presidential candidates. I really don't appreciate your tone, but I'll answer you anyway.
  • He's the only presidential candidate (apart from Sanders) who hasn't taken a single cent from any lobbyists and (Super) PACs. The special interests have no power over him because he doesn't owe them any favors. This point alone is reason enough to vote for him over literally any other candidate (save for Sanders).
  • This election, in addition to his impressive record as a businessman, demonstrates that he's a very resourceful person who knows how to spend money in a smart way. Jeb Bush, for instance, has spent upwards of $65 million on campaigning and is at less than 3% in the Iowa polls right now. Trump, on the other hand, has spent less than $10 million and is at around 33%. He's the only candidate I would trust to make the many wasteful government agencies in the US get their shit together.
  • He's strongly opposed to illegal immigration and the outsourcing of jobs to India and China.
  • He's strongly in favor of overhauling the VA system in the US. It's absolutely shameful that the US government has done such a piss poor job of taking care of the people who risked their lives to serve the country.
  • He advocates an overhaul of the ridiculously convoluted tax system that you guys have in the US in order to simplify it. Did you know that people in the Czech Republic, for instance, don't have to "do their taxes" or hire a tax attorney because the employer simply takes care of it for them?
  • He's wants to get rid of Common Core. 'nuff said.
  • Although he calls himself a conservative, he holds many liberal values (e.g. his views on abortion) and is not a religious nutjob such as Ben Carson.
  • He's one of the only presidential candidates who was openly against the Iraq War at the time.
  • He is an extremely intelligent person. The author of the Dilbert comic has been writing about his strategies for a few months now and I think it's an interesting read.
I could probably list about half a dozen more reasons, but that should be enough to get a discussion going. What I'm more interested in right now is a.) who you are going to vote for and b.) how much of what you know about Trump comes from media reports about him. Have you ever seen his rallies for yourself? Have you listened to his interviews? Have you read his concrete policies and plans on his website? I'm very curious because I would have thought that you'd be in favor of him. Consider

27-01-2016, 10:59 AM
(27-01-2016 10:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'd be interested, but since you're in Germany it is pointless.

I'm in the Czech Republic, actually, and I'm not sure why that would make it pointless. I don't need to live in the US to form an opinion about your presidential candidates. I really don't appreciate your tone, but I'll answer you anyway.
  • He's the only presidential candidate (apart from Sanders) who hasn't taken a single cent from any lobbyists and (Super) PACs. The special interests have no power over him because he doesn't owe them any favors. This point alone is reason enough to vote for him over literally any other candidate (save for Sanders).
  • This election, in addition to his impressive record as a businessman, demonstrates that he's a very resourceful person who knows how to spend money in a smart way. Jeb Bush, for instance, has spent upwards of $65 million on campaigning and is at less than 3% in the Iowa polls right now. Trump, on the other hand, has spent less than $10 million and is at around 33%. He's the only candidate I would trust to make the many wasteful government agencies in the US get their shit together.
  • He's strongly opposed to illegal immigration and the outsourcing of jobs to India and China.
  • He's strongly in favor of overhauling the VA system in the US. It's absolutely shameful that the US government has done such a piss poor job of taking care of the people who sacrificed their lives to serve the country.
  • He advocates an overhaul of the ridiculously convoluted tax system that you guys have in the US in order to simplify it. Did you know that people in the Czech Republic, for instance, don't have to "do their taxes" or hire a tax attorney because the employer simply takes care of it for them?
  • He's wants to get rid of Common Core. 'nuff said.
  • Although he calls himself a conservative, he holds many liberal values (e.g. his views on abortion) and is not a religious nutjob such as Ben Carson.
  • He's one of the only presidential candidates who was openly against the Iraq War at the time.
  • He is an extremely intelligent person. The author of the Dilbert comic has been writing about his strategies for a few months now and I think it's an interesting read.

I could probably list about half a dozen more reasons, but that should be enough to get a discussion. What I'm more interested in right now is a.) who you are going to vote for and b.) how much of what you know about Trump comes from media reports about him. Have you ever seen his rallies for yourself? Have you listened to his interviews? Have you read his concrete policies and plans on his website? I'm very curious because I would have thought that you'd be in favor of him. Consider

I've said I would gain any amount of respect for Trump if he actually cared about financial reform in politics. He doesn't though. His angle of why he doesn't take superpac money is to showoff his agenda of his power that he doesn't have to be bought off, but if he actually hampered on it and spoke up about wanting to motivate others to disavow the rules, it would be different. He can't deny he's been a political endorser in the past.

But it's also interesting your view of him is based on things that aren't certainly true. You could say to others have you just judged by the media reports, but what accounts make you think a person of his situation is an impressive businessman? Other than media reports or his own proclamations would make that seem legitimate.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-01-2016, 11:27 AM
(27-01-2016 10:59 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I've said I would gain any amount of respect for Trump if he actually cared about financial reform in politics. He doesn't though. His angle of why he doesn't take superpac money is to showoff his agenda of his power that he doesn't have to be bought off, but if he actually hampered on it and spoke up about wanting to motivate others to disavow the rules, it would be different. He can't deny he's been a political endorser in the past.
He doesn't care about financial reform in politics? That's simply not true.

(27-01-2016 10:59 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But it's also interesting your view of him is based on things that aren't certainly true. You could say to others have you just judged by the media reports, but what accounts make you think a person of his situation is an impressive businessman? Other than media reports or his own proclamations would make that seem legitimate.
I don't understand your question, I really don't. If the multi-billion dollar empire he created over the past several decades isn't evidence of his skills as businessman, then what is? A forum member on TTA recently claimed that he would be richer now if he had simply invested his money in an index fund, but that naive view has been thoroughly debunked by the experts several times, most recently by a former Goldman Sachs investment banker working for Bloomberg.