Trump - I can shoot anyone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: Trump - I can shoot anyone.
(29-01-2016 07:50 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 06:46 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Trump is crazy. That statement alone -- "I can shoot anyone" -- makes him unfit to be president and is probably evidence of mental instability. His comments about closing the borders to Muslims, even if they are already US citizens who have just left the country on business or vacation, is so crazy that it also makes him unfit to be president. The number of position changes in just the last 5 years are also crazy [and probably constitute psychiatric instability] and render him unfit to be president. The assessment of his mental health is not mine alone. My closest friend is a retired shrink and he, too, thinks Trump is mentally unstable.
It feels like I'm fighting a losing battle here. You people don't even care about being factually accurate, you just react emotionally to him like a child. If you had bothered to watch the video for yourself, you would not only have realized that both you and OP misquoted Trump (He did not, in fact, say "I can shoot anyone", he said "I could shoot somebody"), you also would have realized that it was obviously meant as a joke (Note the crowd's reaction to it).

(29-01-2016 07:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Didn't read the article huh? Trump lied about that Prince owning half of Fox news (He in fact owns 1% in Newscorp stock) and had much closer ties to the Prince financially himself. Of course that is just 1 thing the Donald has been less than truthful about lately.

No, unlike you, I do bother reading the articles that people post. Do I have to call you out again on the irony of you telling me to "check my facts" right before claiming that Trump's net worth would be three times what it is today if he had invested his money in a certain index fund? No? Do I have to call you out on your audacity to say something like "one of us has not done an in depth analysis but it is not me" after that grandiose factual error of yours? Was it your "in depth analysis" that led you to reach that factually inaccurate conclusion about the potential of his net worth? Was it your "in depth analysis" that led you to conclude that a Goldman Sachs banker is a "Trump bootlicker" because his actual in-depth, expert analysis didn't agree with your frankly uneducated opinion? Your biases and emotions are clouding your ability to think critically about the matter and it's just really sad and embarrassing at this point.

And to address your point, Trump did not, in fact, claim that the Prince owns "half of Fox News". He retweeted an image which said that this Prince was a "co-owner" of Fox News.

My bias is the actual measure of anyone working in Business. This is Economics 101 stuff that your analyst ignores this to tout Trump as anything but a fuck up in business shows their incompetence.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Trump - I can shoot anyone.
I can't wait to vote for Trump. It's exciting just thinking about it.
29-01-2016, 09:09 PM
(29-01-2016 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  My bias is the actual measure of anyone working in Business. This is Economics 101 stuff that your analyst ignores this to tout Trump as anything but a fuck up in business shows their incompetence.
You have yet to address even a single one of the arguments from the analysis in a concrete way. You haven't quoted it once and you haven't responded to so much as a single sentence. I think we both know why that is: It's because you lack he expertise to refute his analysis in a detailed manner. There's no shame in that and I would actually have much more respect for you if you admitted this instead of trying to handwave away a lengthy expert analysis with these "Economics 101 lol" one-liners. You should know that this is not convincing to anyone who doesn't already agree with you. You know what would be convincing? An analysis from another business expert (read: not a journalist in his 20s with virtually no credentials or experience) in which the author is arguing for your point of view.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-01-2016, 09:40 PM
(29-01-2016 09:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  My bias is the actual measure of anyone working in Business. This is Economics 101 stuff that your analyst ignores this to tout Trump as anything but a fuck up in business shows their incompetence.
You have yet to address even a single one of the arguments from the analysis in a concrete way. You haven't quoted it once and you haven't responded to so much as a single sentence. I think we both know why that is: It's because you lack he expertise to refute his analysis in a detailed manner. There's no shame in that and I would actually have much more respect for you if you admitted this instead of trying to handwave away a lengthy expert analysis with these "Economics 101 lol" one-liners. You should know that this is not convincing to anyone who doesn't already agree with you. You know what would be convincing? An analysis from another business expert (read: not a journalist in his 20s with virtually no credentials or experience) in which the author is arguing for your point of view.

No because their argument is irrelevant. If I told you that the average human can run a mile in 8 minutes and you tell me about this great runner who's 1 mile time is 10:30 he is not a great runner. Go actually look up Trumps business history he is a fuck up. He drives businesses into the ground and loses shareholders money. The first thing that Liquidators do when they take over one of his projects is pay him to go away.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-01-2016, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 10:00 PM by Chas.)
(29-01-2016 07:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 07:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  You said "... she positively cannot be trusted with classified information due to her incompetence and laziness..."

The information wasn't classified until after the fact. And as Secretary of State, she has the authority to deem it classified or not.

I'd say that is germaine.
I think the world you're looking for is "germane." That being said, I don't think you read the full article. First, she is incompetent because she didn't classify the e-mails in question in spite of the fact that they fulfilled the classification requirements outlined in the article I linked you to. As it turns out, at least 22 of these e-mails contained not just classified, but top secret information. Any competent Secretary of State would have recognized them as such and treated them accordingly. Second, she is lazy because she stored e-mails containing classified and top secret information on her private e-mail server not as a matter of policy, but as a matter of personal convenience, because it was easier for her than leaving them on the secure government servers. She put top secret information that could potentially be devastating in the wrong hands at risk of being compromised because she couldn't be bothered to take the safe route. That's not the kind of person who should be POTUS. Third, according to an article from Reuters, at least 30 of these e-mails, although not explicitly marked as classified, would have been automatically deemed classified due to their content.

There were how many tens of thousands of e-mails on that server? And 22 sensitive ones were missed.

We should definitely pillory her. Facepalm

But you go right ahead and hate on Hillary, that still doesn't make that pile of shit Trump any more attractive.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2016, 10:14 PM
(29-01-2016 09:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 07:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think the world you're looking for is "germane." That being said, I don't think you read the full article. First, she is incompetent because she didn't classify the e-mails in question in spite of the fact that they fulfilled the classification requirements outlined in the article I linked you to. As it turns out, at least 22 of these e-mails contained not just classified, but top secret information. Any competent Secretary of State would have recognized them as such and treated them accordingly. Second, she is lazy because she stored e-mails containing classified and top secret information on her private e-mail server not as a matter of policy, but as a matter of personal convenience, because it was easier for her than leaving them on the secure government servers. She put top secret information that could potentially be devastating in the wrong hands at risk of being compromised because she couldn't be bothered to take the safe route. That's not the kind of person who should be POTUS. Third, according to an article from Reuters, at least 30 of these e-mails, although not explicitly marked as classified, would have been automatically deemed classified due to their content.

There were how many tens of thousands of e-mails on that server? And 22 sensitive ones were missed.

But you go right ahead and hate on Hillary, that still doesn't make that pile of shit Trump any more attractive.
Yes, Chas. The FBI is having 150 agents investigate a former Secretary of State for months because of an insignificant ordeal. They're ready to have her indicted because of 22 e-mails. No, actually. Twenty-two is the number of e-mails that contained top secret information, not the number of sensitives ones that were missed. The number of e-mails containing classified information is actually at more than 1,200 right now and the FBI isn't even done looking through the tens of thousands of e-mails! How is it that someone from Europe is better informed about this than you are? Aren't you embarrassed by that? Laughat

29-01-2016, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 10:30 PM by Chas.)
(29-01-2016 10:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 09:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  There were how many tens of thousands of e-mails on that server? And 22 sensitive ones were missed.

Yes, Chas. The FBI is having 150 agents investigate a former Secretary of State for months because of an insignificant ordeal. They're ready to have her indicted because of 22 e-mails. No, actually. Twenty-two is the number of e-mails that contained top secret information, not the number of sensitives ones that were missed. The number of e-mails containing classified information is actually at more than 1,200 right now and the FBI isn't even done looking through the tens of thousands of e-mails! How is it that someone from Europe is better informed about this than you are? Aren't you embarrassed by that? Laughat

I'm not at all embarrassed by not knowing the details of something that has not particularly interested me.
Compared to the whackadoodles the Republicans have put up, her failures are not all that troubling.

But you carry on with your pointless tirade against Hillary in an anti-Trump thread.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2016, 01:29 AM
I don't care about Trump's business dealings, although it should be said that if he were to run the country like he ran his businesses, he would have to remember that bankruptcy isn't really an option to rescue bad decisions.

I would never vote Trump for President based on his abysmal understanding of international relations. Take, for instance, his claim that he will make Mexico pay for the wall he envisions. How will he do that? He doesn't himself say. However, it would certainly require odious measures which would bring a definite reaction from Mexico. How desirable is it to have more tension in that relationship?

Trump envisions placing more American military forces in the East and South China Seas, as a way to "discourage their adventurism" and enforce tougher trade negotiations with them. At the same time he talks about cutting the deficit and our national debt. The problem is that our military is overextended as it is, and in desperate need of re-equipping. Without an expanded military budget to pay for those needs as well as more extensive Western Pacific operations, how will he fulfill this campaign promise? Either he hasn't thought it through and doesn't see this contradiction in his two positions, or he has, and is hoping people won't notice.

Trump wants America "back in the global leadership business". He doesn't seem to realize that America needs to spend its dwindling resources investing in education and infrastructure, both of which will more surely help us be a global leader than will a few more patrols in the East China Sea, which will only add tensions without advancing our vital interests in any meaningful manner.

Bluster does nothing good in diplomacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-01-2016, 02:53 AM
(29-01-2016 05:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The fact that a person like Hillary Clinton, who has proven beyond a shadow of the doubt that she positively cannot be trusted with classified information due to her incompetence and laziness, is even allowed to run as POTUS already makes the US the laughing stock of the world. If she ends up being elected, Americans really deserve every single misfortune that comes their way. Even if you don't like Trump, there is no excuse for voting for Hillary over Bernie.

Well, that's ... If I were American I'd vote Bernie over Hillary and Hillary over Trump. When all you've got are bad options, Trump looks like a worse option to me than Hillary. He is unashamedly populist. He will promise whatever he needs to promise regardless of whether it's foolish or unconstitutional or whatever, to get elected. That's not something I would want to be involved in.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-01-2016, 09:26 AM
(28-01-2016 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  Vosur, he might be advantageous for the reasons that you mentioned but he is also a rich man in an era where the interests of rich men are put ahead of everyone elses', a greedy man in a time when corporate and individual greed is wrecking the world. A populist who tells people the nice things they want to hear in order to get elected - "it's not your problem, it's those evil Muslims, it's the Mexicans, it's Obama, they're at fault, I will solve your problems with magic". He's a man I distrust, possibly even an evil man. And I doubt his competence. All who promise golden dreams... they never deliver. And what does he promise? To "make America great". Well, Obama promised "Yes we can" so I suppose one can't ask for too much Dodgy

He most definitely is a buffoon. If the Americans elect him they will be a laughing stock. Even in a world where Zuma is the president of SA (not something we're proud of) but *even we* would laugh. Much as we did when Bush got elected the second time.

Politics worldwide is dominated by infantile rhetoric. Catering to the lowest common denominator. It's disgusting.

[Image: trump-compared-to-hitler.jpg]

[Image: JCVhocB.jpg]