Trump Printed Out Fake $378 Billion Invoice, Handed to Angela Merkel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: Trump Printed Out Fake $378 Billion Invoice, Handed to Angela Merkel
Dragging its baggage and wheezing, 1984 has finally arrived.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-03-2017, 12:24 AM
(28-03-2017 09:41 AM)Emma Wrote:  There are no words for this man...

> "There are no curses in Old Entish or the tongues of men for this treachery!" (Treebeard)
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-03-2017, 06:24 AM
Gee.....

And here I thought only the ( R ) camp churned out fake news, to make themselves feel superior to " those other guys"....

I,,'M shocked... Simply shocked..

[/dripping sarcasm]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-03-2017, 08:09 AM
(28-03-2017 09:22 AM)Ace Wrote:  ... the NATO treaty agreement says all nations involved will provide assistance if one of em gets attacked.

I have no love for Trump nor do I support the way he disrespected her (not counting the exchange of said bill, which never actually happened).

But, to be fair, there are only 5 countries meeting military budget requirements. The rest are in violation of the responsibilities they agreed upon as members of NATO.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
29-03-2017, 09:15 AM
(28-03-2017 09:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 05:26 PM)mordant Wrote:  This would appear to be "fake news".

See, this is the problem right here, when fake reports of outrageous, outlandish, infantile things that Trump has done or said can’t be easily parsed from real reports of outrageous, outlandish, infantile things that Trump has done or said

Facepalm
Yeah, I read a hilarious send-up of his tweets that basically said that real and fake Trump tweets cannot really be distinguished. The author provided several groupings of tweets from real and parody Trump Twitter accounts and I couldn't tell one from the other, either. The author called Trump's tweets "post-parody".
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
29-03-2017, 09:18 AM
(29-03-2017 08:09 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 09:22 AM)Ace Wrote:  ... the NATO treaty agreement says all nations involved will provide assistance if one of em gets attacked.

I have no love for Trump nor do I support the way he disrespected her (not counting the exchange of said bill, which never actually happened).

But, to be fair, there are only 5 countries meeting military budget requirements. The rest are in violation of the responsibilities they agreed upon as members of NATO.
There are not really responsibilities so much as guidelines (2% of national GDP, itself something that can be subject to the dictum, "figures lie and liars figure").

It is legitimate to pressure countries to pull their weight but 2% of the US GDP is always going to dwarf 2% of the other member's. If we don't like that, we should lobby to change the "guidelines".
29-03-2017, 10:37 PM
(29-03-2017 08:09 AM)yakherder Wrote:  ...

You're probably right but it's a bit like going out with a group of friends, and one guy always insisting on paying the bar tab, every time. And in addition to paying for all the drinks, he insists on picking what you'll drink. You offer to chip in for the tip, and he grudgingly agrees.

Next day, big spender comes up to you saying he wants some compensation, "cause everyone should pay their fair share", even though he was the one dictating what and how much you'd drink.

And then you find out his family owns the bar.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
30-03-2017, 12:49 AM
(29-03-2017 09:18 AM)mordant Wrote:  It is legitimate to pressure countries to pull their weight but 2% of the US GDP is always going to dwarf 2% of the other member's. If we don't like that, we should lobby to change the "guidelines".

No one is complaining that they don't pay as much as America. Indeed, NATO's premise is the idea that America's strength -- including its wealth -- would be a bulwark against Soviet expansionism; that means that America's 2% was assumed to be the heavy lifting in the treaty.

The complaint is not that the other countries don't pay as much as America. The complaint is that they don't pay as much as they agreed to pay.
30-03-2017, 01:46 AM
(29-03-2017 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Gee.....

And here I thought only the ( R ) camp churned out fake news, to make themselves feel superior to " those other guys"....

[/dripping sarcasm]

Show me a Breitbart bottom feeder who can acknowledge when Snopes or PolitiFact undermines their fake news, and I'll sell you an invisible pink unicorn.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-03-2017, 05:02 AM
(30-03-2017 01:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Gee.....

[/dripping sarcasm]

Show me a Breitbart bottom feeder who can acknowledge when Snopes or PolitiFact undermines their fake news, and I'll sell you an invisible pink unicorn.

And yet there's people reading this bit and buying it - and nobody wants to retract the story...... And that's different how?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post