Trump Rally goes Thunderdome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: Trump Rally goes Thunderdome
(12-03-2016 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 02:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Don't feed the troll.

I'm sorry moms, was the scathing sarcasm not evident in my post? Tongue

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-03-2016, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 03:11 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-03-2016 02:31 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, Hitler was made Chancellor by the established political elite of the republic playing a very dangerous game of king-maker.

They lost. We all lost.

Agreed.

(12-03-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't think that's going to happen with someone as seemingly anti-establishment as Trump.

Hitler too was anti-establishment if I recall correctly, or rather he was anything to anyone as his speeches were tailored to audience. He even joined with Bavarian revolution of 1918/1919, though this was supposed to be opportunistic move rather than genuine one [Volker Ullrich, Hitler: Volume I: Ascent 1889-1939, s. 110 of Polish edition].

(12-03-2016 02:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Agreed. The Republic had the stigma of the Versailles Treaty (that ended WWI and saddled Germany with reparations to the victors that subsequently destroyed it's economy) always hanging around it's neck like a noose.

Republic has all kind of stigmas of which Treaty was only one. People were saying that Republic wasn't monarchy, it was too liberal, leaning too much to the left, it didn't provided stability, etc. In the end Germans just didn't believed in Republic.

Evans in his The Coming of the Third Reich makes a good summary of Republic faults or "faults".

Agreed, but almost everything ties back to that treaty. It forced Germany to admit that the entire war was their fault, and forced them to basically bankroll the rebuilding of the nations who won. That admission of guilt destroyed their legitimacy before they even had a chance to earn it. It was a real bum deal all around that destroyed Germany's morale and it's economy, which left the average citizen is a really bad spot; and radicalism thrives in discontent.

So yeah I don't think that the United States, even for all it's faults, is anywhere near Weimar Republic bad. The economy was far worse back when Obama was elected, and how many Americans really care how much the rest of the world despises us? How many of them see it in fact as something to be proud of? The country is suffering a very slow decline, more akin to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire than to the implosion central Europe to fanatical nationalism.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2016, 03:09 AM
(12-03-2016 02:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm sorry moms, was the scathing sarcasm not evident in my post? Tongue

Heart

[Image: 20151210212037]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2016, 03:25 AM
(12-03-2016 03:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Agreed, but everything ties back to that treaty. It forced Germany to admit that the entire war was their fault, and forced them to basically bankroll the rebuilding of the nations who won. It was a real bum deal all around that destroyed Germany's morale and it's economy, which left the average citizen is a really bad spot; and radicalism thrives in discontent.

Nationalism preceded the Treaty and Republic was thought as something un-German. Republic was also despised for cultural liberalism and new trends in the art which middle class deemed wrong [Evans, The Coming..., s. 144 of Polish edition]. Treaty could hardly be blamed for that.

Having said that trety was major "fault" of the Republic and it's lack of legitimization certainly could be tied with it. But not all criticism of it was tied to Versailles.

(12-03-2016 03:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So yeah I don't think that the United States, even for all it's faults, is anywhere near Weimar Republic bad. The economy was far worse back when Obama was elected, and how many Americans really care how much the rest of the world despises us? How many of them see it in fact as something to be proud of? The country is suffering a very slow decline, more akin to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire than to the implosion central Europe to fanatical nationalism.

I have to trust you on this as I don't know much about USA.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-03-2016, 03:27 AM
Believe it or not, this will end up helping Trump big time. I've been browsing a popular conservative forum with some 50,000 members for the past few months and most of the people there support Cruz and vehemently oppose Trump to the point where they say they would stay home on election day or vote for Hillary if he became the nominee. After what happened in Chicago yesterday, their tone has shifted dramatically. I've seen many people say that they changed their mind, that they would vote for him if for no other reason than to stop the radical leftists who do this sort of stuff. The icing on the cake is that the media and the other Republican candidates blamed Trump for the riots which they say made them lose a lot of respect for Cruz.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-03-2016, 03:35 AM
(12-03-2016 03:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've seen many people say that they changed their mind, that they would vote for him if for no other reason than to stop the radical leftists who do this sort of stuff.

[Image: d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg]

12-03-2016, 03:41 AM
(12-03-2016 03:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Believe it or not, this will end up helping Trump big time. I've been browsing a popular conservative forum with some 50,000 members for the past few months and most of the people there support Cruz and vehemently oppose Trump to the point where they say they would stay home on election day or vote for Hillary if he became the nominee.

As an Australian, this foreigner concept of 'staying home' on election day confuses me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-03-2016, 03:45 AM
(12-03-2016 03:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 03:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Believe it or not, this will end up helping Trump big time. I've been browsing a popular conservative forum with some 50,000 members for the past few months and most of the people there support Cruz and vehemently oppose Trump to the point where they say they would stay home on election day or vote for Hillary if he became the nominee.

As an Australian, this foreigner concept of 'staying home' on election day confuses me.

It's concept quite familiar to me. When politicians of one country make politics appear to be only mud slinging and nationalist chest beating where discussion is impossible then staying at home is quite sensible.

You can't vote on lesser evil when there is no lesser one.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
12-03-2016, 03:46 AM
(12-03-2016 03:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Believe it or not, this will end up helping Trump big time. I've been browsing a popular conservative forum with some 50,000 members for the past few months and most of the people there support Cruz and vehemently oppose Trump to the point where they say they would stay home on election day or vote for Hillary if he became the nominee. After what happened in Chicago yesterday, their tone has shifted dramatically. I've seen many people say that they changed their mind, that they would vote for him if for no other reason than to stop the radical leftists who do this sort of stuff. The icing on the cake is that the media and the other Republican candidates blamed Trump for the riots which they say made them lose a lot of respect for Cruz.

Sorry... let's get this straight. A guy gets assaulted at Trump's rally, Trump encourages his supporters to assault people, and somehow this translates into being the "radical leftists" fault?

America's fucked. Y'all who're still normal get out while you can.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-03-2016, 03:54 AM
(12-03-2016 03:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Here's a crash course for all you non-Americans, or for those sufficiently un-American Americans (you know who you are).

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/america

^ FUCK YEAH, THE OATMEAL.COM!

[Image: header.png]
[Image: statue_of_liberty.png]
[Image: bald_eagle.png]
[Image: thanksgiving_turkey.png]
[Image: uncle_sam.png]
[Image: confederate_flag.png]
[Image: amendments.png]
[Image: food.png]
[Image: 4th_of_july.png]