Trump Rally goes Thunderdome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Trump Rally goes Thunderdome
(12-03-2016 01:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 01:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What's really funny is that if Trump is elected president, he's so xenophobic, he'll probably revoke her citizenship and deport her -- along with millions of others.

And the only people standing up against it,would be the un-American left. Laugh out load
This is why I don't want him to be a president of this wonderful country. I am anti-Trump.
But I am pro-Constitution, pro-first Amendment before I am anti-Trump.
He couldn't speak today. I couldn't hear his hateful speech.

I forgot who said it, but invoking the First Amendment is literally the worst possible argument that you can make. It admits that there is nothing better that you can say for your cause than that you can't be jailed for speaking out for it.

The First Amendment and Freedom of Speach only guarantee your right not to be arrested or charged under the law for what you say.

It does not guarantee you an audience, prevent the public from boycotting you or denying you a forum.

And if it's Freedom of Speach that you're concerned about you might give some attention to Trump's call for violence against protesters.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2016, 01:49 PM
(11-03-2016 10:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fortunately, as bad as things may be in America across demographics, it still ins't Wiemar Germany bad. Trump might have fanatical support, but is it a majority? Enough to get him elected in the general?

I would like to believe that this is the case, and at present I think that it is, but that could easily change.

At present, the polls show either Hillary or Bernie beating Trump handily. Amusingly, Bernie beats him even more thoroughly than Hillary does. If the election were held today.

It's 8 long months until the election and anybody pretending to know the outcome now is deluding themself.

If there is either a major terrorist attack or a severe economic downturn then the resulting fear, hatred and anti-incumbent vote could propel Trump into power. The obvious historical parallels are the Reichstag fire and W's post-9/11 popularity.

Trump all by himself is an unelectable blow-hard.

Trump at the head of a frightened, wounded and angry American people is terrifyingly dangerous.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-03-2016, 02:47 PM
(12-03-2016 01:50 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 01:01 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Yes, I'm wondering if it is a good thing or a bad thing to be un-American.
for Americans it is a bad thing. For non-Americans - I don't care
Are Americans homogenous?

Who determines what is American and what is un-American.

I've never really heard the term un-Kiwi or un-British, or un-Australian.

What is an American? Is this person Black, White, Yellow, Mexican? Does this person speak English and Spanish or perhaps only Mandarin? Is this person a believer in Jesus or a Jesus mythisist or a believer in Allah or maybe a flat earther or a YEC? Does this person have a stash of guns, pistols, semi-automatic assault styled rifles with hallow point bullets in their attic?
Does this person think that international policy means nuclear armed submarines and warships?
Does this person, when promoting a new business strategy or new software product come up with analogies of this being somewhat like a ballistic missile? Or a strategic mission to take the hill?

Or perhaps is an American, a yoga enthusiast who is vegan and would like nothing better than world peace?
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
12-03-2016, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 03:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-03-2016 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is an American?

An idiot who thinks it's a good idea to take a Wildlife Refuge hostage? Now that's an American.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2016, 08:29 PM
(10-03-2016 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now a 78 yo white man who was incited to punch a young black man in the face is facing jail time. I feel bad for the old man. If I were BlackEagle I would employ a "Trump made me do it defense." He was incited. Might get him off with probation before judgment if he agrees to paint the courthouse. ... Not that I would know anything about that. Angel

Two men enter. White man leaves.
Why did the cops then tackle and slam the black guy on the floor? Was it to prevent an inappropriate reaction to a sucker punch?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
13-03-2016, 03:30 AM
(12-03-2016 01:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This happened today while I was watching the Ohio rally live on YouTube:

The Secret Service really doesn't fuck around. I'm impressed by how quickly these agents took that guy down considering how close he was to the stage and how fast he was running.

Where they the secret service or Drumpf's body guard?

They looked like they were about to break out into a synchronised dance routine. All it needed was for Drumpf to pick up the mic and start singing to the audience.
13-03-2016, 03:38 AM
(12-03-2016 08:29 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 03:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Now a 78 yo white man who was incited to punch a young black man in the face is facing jail time. I feel bad for the old man. If I were BlackEagle I would employ a "Trump made me do it defense." He was incited. Might get him off with probation before judgment if he agrees to paint the courthouse. ... Not that I would know anything about that. Angel

Two men enter. White man leaves.
Why did the cops then tackle and slam the black guy on the floor? Was it to prevent an inappropriate reaction to a sucker punch?

That was my first thought. Why didn't any of the security pounce on the old white guy?

I wouldn't want to be black in America.
13-03-2016, 03:41 AM
(12-03-2016 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is an American?

An idiot who thinks it's a good idea to take a Wildlife Refuge hostage? Now that's an American.

Also, they apparently don't appreciate free dildos being mailed to them. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2016, 04:09 AM
(12-03-2016 01:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The Secret Service really doesn't fuck around.

(13-03-2016 03:30 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Where they the secret service or Drumpf's body guard?

Huh

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-03-2016, 07:53 AM
(13-03-2016 03:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 08:29 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Why did the cops then tackle and slam the black guy on the floor? Was it to prevent an inappropriate reaction to a sucker punch?

That was my first thought. Why didn't any of the security pounce on the old white guy?

I wouldn't want to be black in America.
They must have seen it and it did not register as something wrong.

I am black in America. It's livable. Without denigrating people's real experiences, I have no personal negative experience with cops and lots of positive ones.

Still, from Youtube experiences I won't pretend that we don't have some ways to go.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post