Trump Still Has the Capacity to Surprise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Trump Still Has the Capacity to Surprise
'Cause I'm surprised. I was sure after tonight's rout in Wisconsin we'd see Trump using Trump's favorite snarl "You're Fired!" to abruptly reposition some of his top campaign staff into unpaid non-Trump career opportunities, but there has been none of that from the all-shrill ego. Tonight, anyway. Maybe tomorrow if not tonight? Trump is of course wholly blameless so his staff is the gang coming up short with expected miracles. Sadly for many of us, Trump's absolute certainty of his own blamelessness means less schadenfreude to be savored watching his decline - but it IS fun. Tongue

Yes, of course Wisconsin is not fatal to Trump's trajectory and he may seize the nomination but this defeat cannot be brushed aside as something other than a defeat, since as recently as a week ago Trump's Wisconsin projections had him winning, and defeat is by all accounts not part of Trump's vocabulary. Trump, who "never worries about anything" must be feeling the chilly fingers of worry scraping its nails on the chalkboard he uses for a mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
06-04-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Trump Still Has the Capacity to Surprise
(06-04-2016 12:01 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  'Cause I'm surprised. I was sure after tonight's rout in Wisconsin we'd see Trump using Trump's favorite snarl "You're Fired!" to abruptly reposition some of his top campaign staff into unpaid non-Trump career opportunities, but there has been none of that from the all-shrill ego. Tonight, anyway. Maybe tomorrow if not tonight? Trump is of course wholly blameless so his staff is the gang coming up short with expected miracles. Sadly for many of us, Trump's absolute certainty of his own blamelessness means less schadenfreude to be savored watching his decline - but it IS fun. Tongue

Yes, of course Wisconsin is not fatal to Trump's trajectory and he may seize the nomination but this defeat cannot be brushed aside as something other than a defeat, since as recently as a week ago Trump's Wisconsin projections had him winning, and defeat is by all accounts not part of Trump's vocabulary. Trump, who "never worries about anything" must be feeling the chilly fingers of worry scraping its nails on the chalkboard he uses for a mind.

Well, the delegates who were "leaning toward" Cruz could still vote for Trump in the state of Wisconsin ultimately making it a win for him from what I understand. Not sure exactly how the primaries for republican candidates in that state, but that's what a short article implied.

06-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Quote:Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski flatly rejected the idea that the campaign is in disarray or suffering from low morale.

“Unequivocally not,” he said. “We have the most cohesive, loyal staff, the most loving staff I have ever had the privilege of working with on a campaign.” Lewandowski said the members of Trump’s small senior staff “have such an amazing relationship that the morale is the greatest ever.”

Laughat He's got the same bombastic style that Trump does. No wonder they're mates.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-04-2016, 10:07 AM
[Image: OEUOGW9.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
08-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(08-04-2016 10:07 AM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: OEUOGW9.jpg]

This could make for an entire thread!

Being happy that Wisconsin chose Cruz over Trump is like __________ instead of _________.

I’ll go next.

Being happy that Wisconsin chose Cruz over Trump is like feeling relieved that the spider under your sheets is a Tarantula instead of a Brown Recluse.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
18-04-2016, 11:47 PM
(06-04-2016 12:01 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  ... 'Cause I'm surprised ...

Not surprised.

Dukakis rode a tank. Hart took a date on a boat. Innocuous gaffes as these sank their campaigns in the time it takes a torpedo to detonate. Trump's gaffes are monumental and relentless, an embarrassment every fifteen minutes, each new faux pas eclipsing the last in audacity, boorishness, and betrayal of corroded and corrupt character. But he's still afloat. THAT is a surprise.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
19-04-2016, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 03:28 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I look forward to Trump's meltdown after a brokered convention leaves him out in the cold.

That, my friends, will be some schadenfreude. My joy will be so shady it'll be darker than a carload of assholes.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-04-2016, 04:42 AM
(19-04-2016 02:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I look forward to Trump's meltdown after a brokered convention leaves him out in the cold.

That, my friends, will be some schadenfreude. My joy will be so shady it'll be darker than a carload of assholes.

Brokered convention may still result in a Trump nomination. Depends how the party decide to play it. He's a scum bag.

Say for example he were to win the party nomination and then lose heavily against the Democrats. He's one guy I wouldn't be surprised if he resorted to election violence etc. He's had a taste of power and populism, I don't think he'll let things go that easily.

This kind of "leader"... they're impossible to get rid of. Hitler was jailed but came back stronger. Democratic fail-safes *failed* in his case. Trump is here to stay. What you guys need is not to keep him from power by this kind of finagling, but the emergence of a principled, strong leader who can answer his rhetoric. And address the social issues that fuel his support.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-04-2016, 10:02 AM
"It's very close to my heart because I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen down on 7/11," - Donald Trump.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.2606309

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(19-04-2016 04:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 02:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I look forward to Trump's meltdown after a brokered convention leaves him out in the cold.

Brokered convention may still result in a Trump nomination. Depends how the party decide to play it. He's a scum bag.

I don't think it will. Clinton has almost a double-digit lead over Trump in head-to-head polling. Her lead against Cruz is much smaller -- within margins of error -- and against Kasich, Clinton loses by 7.8%[!].

The Republican hierarchy may be assholes, but they are not stupid, and you can bet your ass they're very aware of these numbers. I don't think they're going to place the future of their party -- a future that is already shadowed under the cloud of potential fragmentation -- into the hands of a guy who will court a landslide defeat.