Trump Still Has the Capacity to Surprise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Trump Still Has the Capacity to Surprise
(19-04-2016 10:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 04:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Brokered convention may still result in a Trump nomination. Depends how the party decide to play it. He's a scum bag.

I don't think it will. Clinton has almost a double-digit lead over Trump in head-to-head polling. Her lead against Cruz is much smaller -- within margins of error -- and against Kasich, Clinton loses by 7.8%[!].

The Republican hierarchy may be assholes, but they are not stupid, and you can bet your ass they're very aware of these numbers. I don't think they're going to place the future of their party -- a future that is already shadowed under the cloud of potential fragmentation -- into the hands of a guy who will court a landslide defeat.

In that case I predict Kasich as the republican nominee, Trump decides to found his own independent party and steals a chunk of republican vote, and Hilary laughs all the way to the white house.

Either way, even if that sounds crazy and doesn't happen, Trump not getting the nomination in no way will mean that he's down and out. Rabble rousers are like that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Quote:In a sign of more turmoil for the campaign of billionaire Donald Trump, the man charged with hiring volunteers and building ground operations ahead of state primaries across the country, announced he is departing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/shakeups-...d=38496046

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-04-2016, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 04:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2016 10:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 04:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Brokered convention may still result in a Trump nomination. Depends how the party decide to play it. He's a scum bag.

I don't think it will. Clinton has almost a double-digit lead over Trump in head-to-head polling. Her lead against Cruz is much smaller -- within margins of error -- and against Kasich, Clinton loses by 7.8%[!].

The Republican hierarchy may be assholes, but they are not stupid, and you can bet your ass they're very aware of these numbers. I don't think they're going to place the future of their party -- a future that is already shadowed under the cloud of potential fragmentation -- into the hands of a guy who will court a landslide defeat.

I think the party bosses may have become aware that they may need to allow him to be nominated, knowing well, that the future of the party REQUIRES him to lose one, ("for the Gipper"), to get rid of him, permanently. He does resonate with a lot of middle-class people, who have been hit by the forces of a globalizing economy, (which he pretends to address as "make America great again) ... even though, there is nothing he can do about the forces at work. I still think if he's not nominated, he will
a. encourage riots
b. run as a third party candidate (no matter what he says now).

Saw pictures of him last weekend as a child in Queens .. and childhood acquaintances talked about him. Basically, he's still the same 10 year old spoiled rich brat, who NEEDED all the attention.
His father basically intimidated and sat on him at home. He's still acting out from that. (That will be 25 dollars, please, for the shrink eval).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Quote:He does resonate with a lot of middle-class people, who have been hit by the forces of a globalizing economy,

Yeah....the same scam the republicunts have been pulling since Reagan.

[Image: 5fb4c0f291ac112fe61d37b345c1cedf.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
19-04-2016, 07:50 PM
(19-04-2016 10:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  In that case I predict Kasich as the republican nominee, Trump decides to found his own independent party and steals a chunk of republican vote, and Hilary laughs all the way to the white house.

Either way, even if that sounds crazy and doesn't happen, Trump not getting the nomination in no way will mean that he's down and out. Rabble rousers are like that.

I think it's a given that Trump is going to run regardless of whether or not he gets the nomination. The interesting question is whether or not Cruz will run as an independant if the Republican elite hands Kasich the nomination at a contested convention. Some of the noises that he's been making have suggested that he might. That could give us an all time new low: the Trump/Cruz ticket.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-04-2016, 09:28 PM
(19-04-2016 07:50 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That could give us an all time new low: the Trump/Cruz ticket.

Surely that would go down like a lead balloon? AFAIK half the reason Cruz is popular is because he's seen as the man who could stop Trump.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-04-2016, 10:45 AM
(19-04-2016 10:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 10:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't think it will. Clinton has almost a double-digit lead over Trump in head-to-head polling. Her lead against Cruz is much smaller -- within margins of error -- and against Kasich, Clinton loses by 7.8%[!].

In that case I predict Kasich as the republican nominee, Trump decides to found his own independent party and steals a chunk of republican vote, and Hilary laughs all the way to the white house.

Oh, I know -- he's too stupid to quit.

But he won't be getting into the White House -- I've got a better chance of getting into Salma Hayek's knickers.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-04-2016, 01:17 PM
I guess he do:

[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-04-2016, 01:21 PM
(20-04-2016 10:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But he won't be getting into the White House -- I've got a better chance of getting into Salma Hayek's knickers.

Now you're just trying to get some action.

20-04-2016, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2016 05:19 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(20-04-2016 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 10:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But he won't be getting into the White House -- I've got a better chance of getting into Salma Hayek's knickers.

Now you're just trying to get some action.

Wait, she's a member here?!