Trump Supporter Advocates Internment Camps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Trump Supporter Advocates Internment Camps
Fuck. This. Shit.

link

Quote:Megyn Kelly on Wednesday admonished a supporter of President-elect Donald Trump who invoked Japanese internment camps as precedent for a proposed registry of Muslims.

On Fox News' "The Kelly File" program on Wednesday night, Carl Higbie, a former Navy SEAL who is a spokesman and cochair of Great America PAC, a super PAC that supported Trump's candidacy, argued in favor of the registry, which he compared to World War II-era Japanese internment camps.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who is reportedly a "key member of Trump's transition team," told Reuters on Tuesday that policy advisers to Trump were considering creating a registry of immigrants who come to the US from Muslim countries in response to terrorist attacks commited by Islamic extremists.

"We did it during World War II with Japanese, which you know, call it what you will, may be wrong," Higbie said, eliciting a sharp response from Kelly.

This is beyond insane.

Quote:Last year, Trump said that while he did not necessarily support Japanese internment camps, he would "have had to be there at the time" to decide whether it was justified for President Franklin D. Roosevelt to violate the US Constitution by quarantining more than 100,000 Japanese immigrants and Japanese-Americans without cause.

Al Baldasaro, the New Hampshire state representative who cochaired Trump's veterans coalition, has defended the real-estate mogul, arguing affirmatively for internment camps.

"What he's saying is no different than the situation during World War II, when we put the Japanese in camps," Baldasaro said in an interview during the campaign. "The people who attacked innocent people in Paris came through open borders. From a military-mind standpoint, all Donald Trump is saying is to do what needs to be done until we get a handle on how to do background checks."

This country is fucked. Not just fucked up. We are completely fucked.

Here's an idea:

Why don't we intern all the Trump supporters, and let them out once they can pass a test on civil rights.

I hadn't heard about this previously. I'd heard about the muslim registry, but not this.

Fuck.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-11-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: Trump Supporter Advocates Internment Camps
I missed the part where Trump said he wants to lock up muslims. I read it 5 times but couldn't find it.

Liberals are starting to sound like the far right conspiracy theorists.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-11-2016, 12:14 PM
(17-11-2016 12:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I missed the part where Trump said he wants to lock up muslims. I read it 5 times but couldn't find it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/megyn-kel...ry-2016-11

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-11-2016, 12:19 PM
(17-11-2016 12:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I missed the part where Trump said he wants to lock up muslims. I read it 5 times but couldn't find it.

It says that some of Trump supporters advocated for a Muslim internment camps and/or registery. Trump himself was evasive on the subject according the article, but he has mentionned an outright ban on Muslim immigration or severe restriction that, in the Syrian case, fly in the face of international laws that America signed and championned in the past. Considering that Trump supporter have privilege access to power, its indeed cause to worry if they have such terrible conception of human rights and dignity.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
17-11-2016, 12:23 PM

I missed the part where I said that he did.

Conservatives are starting to sound like fascists.

You did catch the title? Where it says "Trump Supporter"...

ETA:

Fascists and cowards.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-11-2016, 12:30 PM
I anticipate a large influx of immigrants and Muslims coming to Maryland. Sanctuary Cities pfffft, we're a Sanctuary State. ... and we're gonna build a moat ... and Pennsylvania and West Virginia are gonna pay for it.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-11-2016, 12:34 PM
(17-11-2016 12:23 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

I missed the part where I said that he did.

Conservatives are starting to sound like fascists.

You did catch the title? Where it says "Trump Supporter"...

ETA:

Fascists and cowards.

Exactly my point. A "Trump supporter." Not Trump. This Trump supporter holds no position of power. He has no authority. Freaking out over something some guy said who holds no elected position is pointless. Nothing is going to happen.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-11-2016, 12:35 PM
He's (Trump's "supporter") not saying he supports it... just that there's "precedent", is pretty much the same fucking thing to someone who is terrified of precisely that scenario. That distinction doesn't offer ANY solace.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
17-11-2016, 12:36 PM
I guess it's only fair to let the Republicans have their chance at the internment game......

The Democrats invented it in WWII after all..... (Executive order 9066 by FDR)

Or did we forget that??????

If it's a ( D ) idea - it MUST be a good idea, eh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-11-2016, 12:40 PM
(17-11-2016 12:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess it's only fair to let the Republicans have their chance at the internment game......

The Democrats invented it in WWII after all..... (Executive order 9066 by FDR)

Or did we forget that??????

If it's a ( D ) idea - it MUST be a good idea, eh???

No -- I would have been against that internment as well. Evil is evil no matter who's doing it. You're beginning to sound a bit like Brian37 with your "big bad Democrat" routine. I don't think anyone on this forum has claimed or pretended that the Democrats are perfect. I certainly never have. But that's not going to stop me from pointing out that the Republicans are proposing something really bad here.