Trump Supporter Advocates Internment Camps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 12:50 PM by adey67.)
RE: Trump Supporter Advocates Internment Camps
An open letter to Americas sensible half.

Dear Americans I don't think you country is fucked, Americans are resourceful resilient people, what is fucked up is a system that allows a candidate to gain 1 million votes more than another and then lose.
You were fucked over by the head of the FBI religious nutters and hillbilly redneck hicks, and over confident and complacent campaigning inspite of all this I believe your country will survive and in years to come the acute embarrassment you feel now will be a distant unpalatable memory. The reason for my optimism is many of you guys on here.
With a few exceptions history does not like or favour totalitarianism and extremism and I believe Trump will be hoisted by his own petard and have confidence you will prevail. Sincerely yours Adey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
17-11-2016, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 12:56 PM by epronovost.)
(17-11-2016 12:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Exactly my point. A "Trump supporter." Not Trump. This Trump supporter holds no position of power. He has no authority. Freaking out over something some guy said who holds no elected position is pointless. Nothing is going to happen.

Two little correction on your reply. First, America is a democracy. Voters, supporters, activist and lobbyist have influence over the State. This supporter falls in all four categories. He has a privileged access to power. Given the chance, (AKA one or more terrorist attack à la Boston Marathon bombing) this position has all the tools to be on the desk of the POTUS. Second, appointed position also holds a lot of power. Trump is currently naming his supporters who are themselves naming their supporters at key positions in the governement. Who knows how many of Trump supporters who hold a similar view, like this Trump supporter or yourself, will find themselves at various position in the Trump administration. Considering the massive support of the Alt-Right to Trump's presidency and the naming of Bannon, those who oppose this sort of policy have reasons to be worried. I hope that you will be right again about Trump presidency and that no catastrophy will come to pass, but you know the saying: "Hope for the best, but prepar for the worst."

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
17-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Little do they know our new Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Park in Cambridge, MD is just a front for the new Underground Railroad 2.0. Yes

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-11-2016, 12:52 PM
(17-11-2016 12:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess it's only fair to let the Republicans have their chance at the internment game......

The Democrats invented it in WWII after all..... (Executive order 9066 by FDR)

Or did we forget that??????

If it's a ( D ) idea - it MUST be a good idea, eh???

No it was a terrible idea. Had I been alive then I would have branded a commie for speaking out against it. If democrats said they wanted it today, I'd sure as shit protest it.

You don't history much, do you?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-11-2016, 12:54 PM
(17-11-2016 12:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Exactly my point. A "Trump supporter." Not Trump. This Trump supporter holds no position of power. He has no authority. Freaking out over something some guy said who holds no elected position is pointless. Nothing is going to happen.

I thought you read it "five times"?

At least one supporter: Al Baldasaro New Hampshire state representative is an elected member of the New Hampshire state congress.

You also neglect the fact that the bigot in question is the spokesperson for a political action committee that spent millions of dollars influencing the presidential election.

Perhaps another read thru is in order.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-11-2016, 12:58 PM
(17-11-2016 12:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess it's only fair to let the Republicans have their chance at the internment game......

The Democrats invented it in WWII after all..... (Executive order 9066 by FDR)

Or did we forget that??????

If it's a ( D ) idea - it MUST be a good idea, eh???

For the record, I'm registered Independent. Always have been.

The idea was wrong then, it is wrong now and it will be wrong in the future.

It is against every idea, every part of the US Constitution that these cowardly bigots supposedly support.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? If you're white and rich.

All men are created equal? But some are more equal than others.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses? Maybe not.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Maybe this kind of rhetoric will have the benefit of scaring some of the muslims out of America, or deterring more from coming here. Less religious nuts is just fine with me. I support any effort to improve the atheist/religious nut ratio.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-11-2016, 01:04 PM
"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(17-11-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Maybe this kind of rhetoric will have the benefit of scaring some of the muslims out of America, or deterring more from coming here. Less religious nuts is just fine with me. I support any effort to improve the atheist/religious nut ratio.

I wish we had a way to scare the bigots and racists out of America. I would much rather lose them than the Muslims and Mexicans.
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-11-2016, 01:07 PM
(17-11-2016 01:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Maybe this kind of rhetoric will have the benefit of scaring some of the muslims out of America, or deterring more from coming here. Less religious nuts is just fine with me. I support any effort to improve the atheist/religious nut ratio.

Interesting....how does this fit into your grand ideals? Congress and the senate both controlled by republicans and your puppet president elect has vowed to sign it into law.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-cong...-bill/2802

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post