Trump The Drumpf by John Oliver, Superb!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Trump The Drumpf by John Oliver, Superb!
(07-03-2016 02:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 02:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not for an hour and a half I won't. Why you got such a hardon for this particular carnival barker? He has few specific policies other than "I will make Mexico pay for the wall. I will deport all 12 million of you illegal fucks after I waterboard you. Putin and I will make will stabilize the middle east and take their oil. China? Well I will make China my bitch. They got tiny penises and mine is more than adequate despite my short stuppy fingers on my very beautiful hands. North Korea? I'm gonna first waterboard Kim Jong Yuck and then I'm gonna make him watch me kill his whole family in front of him. ... Oh, and WINNING!"
Come on, Girly. He has a whole bunch of lengthy and specific policies right here: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Even Chas admitted to liking some of them, he just doesn't like the man himself. Tongue

(07-03-2016 02:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He has waded in on a specific health care proposal for negotiating drug prices which he claims will save Medicare $300 billion a year. Problem is Medicare only spends $78 billion a year for everything. Dude is not your ordinary narcissist, he's a megalomaniac.
I assume you got those "$300 billion a year" and "$78 billion a year" figures from the latest Fox News debate, in which case you should be aware that the moderators misrepresented his position. He was talking about prescription drugs (which the US actually does spend hundreds of billions of dollars on), not just Medicare. His figures are admittedly still off by a fair margin (unless the US receives their prescription drugs for free) but not even nearly as much as Fox claimed in the debate.

All of them have a platform; every one of them present things we like and things we don't like. You get to like Trump. You get to not like the rest of the candidates. You don't get to vote for any of them. Do you think you are going to get any of the worthies here to vote for Trump? No I don't. Your Crusade to promote Trump is completely pointless, unless you are just trying to provoke. Dodgy Is that your intent? Because your impotent posting about the viability of Trump as a real contender for POTUS is going nowhere. We'll see on 3 Nov 2016. Until then, have a good time pushing your personal demi-god. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 01:41 AM
(07-03-2016 09:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  All of them have a platform; every one of them present things we like and things we don't like. You get to like Trump. You get to not like the rest of the candidates. You don't get to vote for any of them. Do you think you are going to get any of the worthies here to vote for Trump? No I don't. Your Crusade to promote Trump is completely pointless, unless you are just trying to provoke. Dodgy Is that your intent? Because your impotent posting about the viability of Trump as a real contender for POTUS is going nowhere. We'll see on 3 Nov 2016. Until then, have a good time pushing your personal demi-god. Tongue
At first I thought I could convince at least one person (not sure if Gilgamesh and KUSA were already convinced), but now I'm just trying to... well, 'provoke' isn't the right word. I'd say I'm just taking the piss out of people at this point. There's a whole bunch of stuff I don't like about Trump, but the sad thing is that you guys have no better alternative. All the other candidates are establishment politicians who receive millions of dollars from big corporations, people who are guaranteed to continue the terrible status quo or even worsen it. Bernie used to be a credible alternative, but his chances evaporated very quickly. He's so far behind Hillary in delegates that catching up at this time would be a historical feat. Almost 150 delegates are at stake in Michigan today and Sanders is behind Hillary by 20-30% in the polls. If he loses by that much, it'll be a deathblow to his campaign. He might as well drop out if that happens.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-03-2016, 01:52 AM
I watched this today too! John Oliver is my hero.

BEHeart
08-03-2016, 02:19 AM
(08-03-2016 01:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 09:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  All of them have a platform; every one of them present things we like and things we don't like. You get to like Trump. You get to not like the rest of the candidates. You don't get to vote for any of them. Do you think you are going to get any of the worthies here to vote for Trump? No I don't. Your Crusade to promote Trump is completely pointless, unless you are just trying to provoke. Dodgy Is that your intent? Because your impotent posting about the viability of Trump as a real contender for POTUS is going nowhere. We'll see on 3 Nov 2016. Until then, have a good time pushing your personal demi-god. Tongue
At first I thought I could convince at least one person (not sure if Gilgamesh and KUSA were already convinced), but now I'm just trying to... well, 'provoke' isn't the right word. I'd say I'm just taking the piss out of people at this point. There's a whole bunch of stuff I don't like about Trump, but the sad thing is that you guys have no better alternative. All the other candidates are establishment politicians who receive millions of dollars from big corporations, people who are guaranteed to continue the terrible status quo or even worsen it. Bernie used to be a credible alternative, but his chances evaporated very quickly. He's so far behind Hillary in delegates that catching up at this time would be a historical feat. Almost 150 delegates are at stake in Michigan today and Sanders is behind Hillary by 20-30% in the polls. If he loses by that much, it'll be a deathblow to his campaign. He might as well drop out if that happens.
False, my friend, Trump is the embodiment of American ignorance and entitlement. He flip-flops on (everything) some very dangerous issues. Everyone mentions his business prowess like the US is simply another building he can slap his name on. It's not and, personally, that's not where I tap meaning from life. What happens when life happens? When you or your loved ones get old, sick, suffer losses, when the unimaginable and unthinkable happens? What about everything else besides money?Education? Humans? Anyone? I would not let Drumpf anywhere near my family yet I'm supposed to trust him with decisions that will affect my children's futures? He appears to, not only have multiple personalities, but a complete lack of empathy. I would like something resembling a human to be elected into office. Not a sociopathic gold hair piece with a spray tan. He does not give a shit about people only his name. He is the American ego; repulsive on any scale. I refuse to even consider being a citizen of The United States of Trump. F*** that hard.

BEHeart
[+] 2 users Like BroadcastEmpathy's post
08-03-2016, 04:50 AM
(07-03-2016 01:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
Will you guys to listen to the other side? I doubt it. Consider

Out of respect, I watched it.

I learned only what Trump meant regarding the quote about his net worth being relative to his feelings (it struck me as an odd thing to say when I watched the Oliver piece) but I didn't learn anything about the Kanye West finger/anus reference (so that remains lost on me).

In all, it was cringe-worthy. It was like watching Malcolm Muggeridge getting worked up about Monty Python's Life of Brian.

How many hours did he put in to creating the slides, recording, editing, producing etc. to rebut what ... satire!

He lost credibility early ... talking about why people do support Trump and that Oliver had no one around him to point that out ... then minutes later quoting Oliver stating those very same reasons.
Rounding it off with a conspiracy theory was just ... weak.

The most insightful line was at 1:12:58 ... "y'know it's funny".

Yes. Satire is supposed to be funny.

I need a shower now. Censored

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-03-2016, 06:00 AM
(08-03-2016 04:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 01:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
Will you guys to listen to the other side? I doubt it. Consider

Out of respect, I watched it.

I learned only what Trump meant regarding the quote about his net worth being relative to his feelings (it struck me as an odd thing to say when I watched the Oliver piece) but I didn't learn anything about the Kanye West finger/anus reference (so that remains lost on me).

In all, it was cringe-worthy. It was like watching Malcolm Muggeridge getting worked up about Monty Python's Life of Brian.

How many hours did he put in to creating the slides, recording, editing, producing etc. to rebut what ... satire!

He lost credibility early ... talking about why people do support Trump and that Oliver had no one around him to point that out ... then minutes later quoting Oliver stating those very same reasons.
Rounding it off with a conspiracy theory was just ... weak.

The most insightful line was at 1:12:58 ... "y'know it's funny".

Yes. Satire is supposed to be funny.

I need a shower now. Censored
Well, it wouldn't be a problem if people recognized that it's satire and treated it as such. Yet, the newspaper headlines that Molyneux quoted at the beginning show that some people genuinely think that it's so significant that it might change the course of the election. To be honest, the kind of people who watch this sort of stuff and take it as fact probably aren't the ones who would vote for the man in the first place. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-03-2016, 09:04 AM
(08-03-2016 01:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

[Image: 65eb5e8533283fdcb73b70182981f880.png]

Not counting Superdelegates (who are not actually forced to vote until the end) Bernie is ahead of where Obama was at this same time in '08. The delegate count is nowhere near where the Corporate news wants you to believe it is.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-03-2016, 10:57 AM
(08-03-2016 09:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The delegate count is nowhere near where the Corporate news wants you to believe it is.

Reporting where people stand as of now isn't a conspiracy.

... this is my signature!
08-03-2016, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 11:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-03-2016 02:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Do you want the USA to relive your country's fascist past so you can fuck with us? 'Cause that'd be clever. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Maaaaaaybe. Just maybe. Angel

Well fuck me, here I thought you'd already killed your sense of humor. Drinking Beverage

(08-03-2016 01:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  At first I thought I could convince at least one person (not sure if Gilgamesh and KUSA were already convinced), but now I'm just trying to... well, 'provoke' isn't the right word. I'd say I'm just taking the piss out of people at this point.

I remember you not appreciating it very much when I did the very same thing to you. Oh well...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-03-2016, 11:01 AM
The most salient part of Oliver's segment is that Trump is a liar. He lied about being invited to Oliver's show, and when called on it he doubled down (see also: politifact, et al). As such there may well be no cause to take his most outrageous statements at face value, but consequently there's no cause to take anything he says seriously. I don't see how that's much of an improvement?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post