Trump The Drumpf by John Oliver, Superb!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Trump The Drumpf by John Oliver, Superb!
(08-03-2016 11:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The most salient part of Oliver's segment is that Trump is a liar. He lied about being invited to Oliver's show, and when called on it he doubled down (see also: politifact, et al). As such there may well be no cause to take his most outrageous statements at face value, but consequently there's no cause to take anything he says seriously. I don't see how that's much of an improvement?

A man who agrees with every position ultimately agrees with none of them. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 11:11 AM
(08-03-2016 11:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 11:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The most salient part of Oliver's segment is that Trump is a liar. He lied about being invited to Oliver's show, and when called on it he doubled down (see also: politifact, et al). As such there may well be no cause to take his most outrageous statements at face value, but consequently there's no cause to take anything he says seriously. I don't see how that's much of an improvement?

A man who agrees with every position ultimately agrees with none of them. Rolleyes

Trump's opinions clearly exist in quantum superposition, mediated by exchange coupling to whatever audience is directly in front of him at the moment.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
08-03-2016, 12:24 PM
(08-03-2016 10:57 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-03-2016 09:04 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The delegate count is nowhere near where the Corporate news wants you to believe it is.

Reporting where people stand as of now isn't a conspiracy.

Slant is everything in modern news, and if you slant a total as a firm number when in fact it is not with the intention of having one side give up to inevitability then it does cross the line. I usually have no use for conspiracy but in this election you can see the active maneuvers of the Pro-Corporate Democrats trying to shore up the leaky ship that is Hilary's campaign.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-03-2016, 01:04 PM
I could fill this page of what I like and dislike of each of the candidates. But having conversations with coworkers that support Trump it sounds what it comes down to is his anti establishment attitude & money. He who has the most money is the best. With that no one can contend Trump has a net worth of $4.5 billion. Hillary with $54 mill. And Berny Sanders only 100k.

I'd be happy to list my thoughts of every aspect and past presdents that have carried out what Trump say's he plans on doing. But what it comes down to is I don't think the powers that be will ever put Trump in the White house. Mostly because of his unpredictable additued. They need someone that can control. Hillary is that person. I don't want her to be I'm a Sanders fan. But Hillary has the connections, and changes her option to what ever people tell her she need to think. You can see the change from the start of the campaign to current. She starting saying a lot of things that have gotten people to pay attention to Berny Sanders. If she'll uphold to these idiologys. Proabley not.

If we want to see really change. Trump and Sanders would be those candidates. Both would shake the foundations of the government. As long as everyone is fine seeing the white house gold plated, The rich getting richer and foreign powers declaring war on us. Vote trump.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post