Trump, The Haters Candidate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Trump, The Haters Candidate
I have come to a conclusion about Trumps popularity ... he's the Haters Candidate. He's so loud and obnoxious to absolitely everyone as to even be a parody of himself and always has been. The American obsession with him is much the same as with shows like Jerry Springer and other trash tv. He resonates with the lowest denominators, the haters.

The internet has fed into this sort of disgusting human behavior since people can spew hating vitriol at will with little to no consequences and Trump is riding that beast as hard as he can.

American politics, particularly the repub party have become the new Jerry Springer Show. And Trump the haters hero.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
03-06-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Trump, The Haters Candidate
Don't forget people like Howard Stern. I understand he has quite the following. I heard enough of his crap in '96 (one of my work mates insisted on playing it in the processing room, and I couldn't get it shut off, as I was a contractor at the time) for me to know what an ass he can be. People listening to unfunny Howard are Trump material.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-06-2016, 09:31 AM
The same tendencies and the same people have always been around (the Know Nothings and before; bits and pieces in everyone from Weaver and Bryan to Long and Wallace).

Not that that's much consolation.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
03-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Trump gives people the enemies that they want. He appeals to prejudice. He appeals to ignorance. He uses fear (not of him, but of "others") to gain loyalty. He makes propositions that aren't even feasible. He's a character, and not even one that could make a good leader. I have very little belief that Trump even wants what is best (or even good) for America.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
03-06-2016, 10:54 AM
(03-06-2016 09:09 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have come to a conclusion about Trumps popularity ... he's the Haters Candidate. He's so loud and obnoxious to absolitely everyone as to even be a parody of himself and always has been. The American obsession with him is much the same as with shows like Jerry Springer and other trash tv. He resonates with the lowest denominators, the haters.

The internet has fed into this sort of disgusting human behavior since people can spew hating vitriol at will with little to no consequences and Trump is riding that beast as hard as he can.

American politics, particularly the repub party have become the new Jerry Springer Show. And Trump the haters hero.

I am not a Trump fan, and would sure never vote for him, never if no one else to vote for I would write in my own name, or my son's or Mickey Mouse, but we sure see a lot more violence displayed outside his appearances than in side, more AntiTrump violence than pro Trump people being violent. Makes one ashamed to even speak out against him.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
03-06-2016, 11:11 AM
He's like that preacher who got bashed in the head with a baseball bat, except he doesn't take the punishment himself. His followers have to fight or get bashed. The Drumpf gets to be the martyr.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-06-2016, 11:20 AM
(03-06-2016 09:31 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The same tendencies and the same people have always been around (the Know Nothings and before; bits and pieces in everyone from Weaver and Bryan to Long and Wallace).

Not that that's much consolation.

This is very true. Crass demagoguery wrapped in shiny populism has always had a market in the American political scene.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
He's like a cartoon bad guy.
[Image: s9CMShp.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Really???

And the anti-Trumpers (mainly Hillary's minions) inciting enough violence that Trump cancelled his rally, rather than go along with the riot - they're so loving????

Uh - huh.....

Sure....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-06-2016, 12:50 PM
I've been to a Trump rally. Very peaceful inside, until a protester started punching people, taking Trump hats off of people's head and stomping on them. Then outside, protesters were throwing beer bottles at Trump supporters, smashing car windows as we left the parking lot and had spray painted cars with words like "Mexico #1" and "fuck America." Very few Trump supporters retaliated even though they were in greater numbers, probably 1000 to 1.

No, Trump nor his supporters are about hate. It's about uniting, something anti Trump people don't want to work on.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post