Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 03:22 PM by houseofcantor.)
RE: Trump, The Haters Candidate
Lemme start way the fuck off topic and hopefully sail to your shore.

Mr. Hussein (as I've been reading about him lately) is my favorite president ever in the history of ever (meaning "that I lived through") but Mr Hussein seriously failed the ideals of his campaign.

Closer to shore, the American public is stirring from its slumber of the status quo and thus fringe elements such as Sanders and Trump have risen to the fore. While I favor Sanders far more than Trump, both are the haters candidate (in your terms) and neither's supporters have covered themselves in glory.

The thing about Trump (which would be epicly sad if not potentially true) is that he could be the best of bad options. I don't like the guy but he does give me the impression that candidate Trump is a horse - not of a different color, but a whole different spectrum - than President Trump.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2016, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 02:14 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(03-06-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've been to a Trump rally. Very peaceful inside, until a protester started punching people, taking Trump hats off of people's head and stomping on them. Then outside, protesters were throwing beer bottles at Trump supporters, smashing car windows as we left the parking lot and had spray painted cars with words like "Mexico #1" and "fuck America." Very few Trump supporters retaliated even though they were in greater numbers, probably 1000 to 1.

No, Trump nor his supporters are about hate. It's about uniting, something anti Trump people don't want to work on.

Why would I unite with a climate change denier/antivaxxer/Alex Jones supporter? Trump's a lunatic, pure and simple, and you're giving more credence to lunatics if you support him. Also, he wants to unite his party. He doesn't want to unite America. There's a difference.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
03-06-2016, 02:27 PM
(03-06-2016 01:37 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've been to a Trump rally. Very peaceful inside, until a protester started punching people, taking Trump hats off of people's head and stomping on them. Then outside, protesters were throwing beer bottles at Trump supporters, smashing car windows as we left the parking lot and had spray painted cars with words like "Mexico #1" and "fuck America." Very few Trump supporters retaliated even though they were in greater numbers, probably 1000 to 1.

No, Trump nor his supporters are about hate. It's about uniting, something anti Trump people don't want to work on.

Why would I unite with a climate change denier/antivaxxer/Alex Jones supporter? Trump's a lunatic, pure and simple, and you're giving more credence to lunatics if you support him. Also, he wants to unite his party. He doesn't want to unite America. There's a difference.

Any association with goddamn Alex Jones would be pathetic even if we ignored everything else.

What he "wants" is whatever impulse floats to the surface, moment to moment. Remember when he wanted to debate Sanders?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president. Trump was the clear favorite over Hillary or Bernie. My local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) had a straw poll and Trump won 87% to Clinton's 10%.

If Trump is good enough for our active service members and my fellow war veterans, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 02:59 PM by DLJ.)

Yup, I agree. It's about uniting us.

Uniting us against them.

And when 'them' get butthurt and turn against 'us' that just proves us right.

Let them come at us, we know what to do with them.

Gott mit uns!

Dodgy

(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
If Trump is good enough for our active service members

That's reassuring.

And scarily familiar.

No

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
03-06-2016, 03:10 PM
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president. Trump was the clear favorite over Hillary or Bernie. My local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) had a straw poll and Trump won 87% to Clinton's 10%.

If Trump is good enough for our active service members and my fellow war veterans, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.
No offense to vets or active members, but according to page 35 of this, over 50% of Military members (in 2014) were under 30 years old. 75% under 35. About 40% under 25. Many of these are kids who either didn't know what to do next, didn't have the ability to go to college (financially or academically), Or perhaps were persuaded by the propaganda of "be all you can be". My friends in the Military have all reported that immaturity is rampant. I have no gripe with their choice to enter the Military, but that decision doesn't automatically make them wise, grand, or a valid source of guidance for who should be our next president. Especially the young ones.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 12 users Like Adrianime's post
03-06-2016, 03:13 PM
(03-06-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've been to a Trump rally. Very peaceful inside, until a protester started punching people, taking Trump hats off of people's head and stomping on them. Then outside, protesters were throwing beer bottles at Trump supporters, smashing car windows as we left the parking lot and had spray painted cars with words like "Mexico #1" and "fuck America."

Why didn't you just shoot them?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-06-2016, 03:29 PM
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president.

Indeed. It also showed that, essentially, only those members who are already Republican would vote for trump (~50%); more preferred Clinton than are actually registered Democrats. US military personnel are overwhelmingly Republican, although the recent trend on that one is actually moving the other way.

So what it actually shows is that self-identified Republicans vote party-line. Who could ever have possibly predicted that bombshell!

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
03-06-2016, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 03:48 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president. Trump was the clear favorite over Hillary or Bernie. My local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) had a straw poll an Trump won 87% to Clinton's 10%.

If Trump is doing things like denying that California has a drought, that tells me he is totally incompetent. Trump is nothing more than a bullshit peddler, and people eat it up.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post