Trump, The Haters Candidate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Trump, The Haters Candidate
(03-06-2016 03:10 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president. Trump was the clear favorite over Hillary or Bernie. My local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) had a straw poll and Trump won 87% to Clinton's 10%.

If Trump is good enough for our active service members and my fellow war veterans, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.
No offense to vets or active members, but according to page 35 of this, over 50% of Military members (in 2014) were under 30 years old. 75% under 35. About 40% under 25. Many of these are kids who either didn't know what to do next, didn't have the ability to go to college (financially or academically), Or perhaps were persuaded by the propaganda of "be all you can be". My friends in the Military have all reported that immaturity is rampant. I have no gripe with their choice to enter the Military, but that decision doesn't automatically make them wise, grand, or a valid source of guidance for who should be our next president. Especially the young ones.

If I could like this twice, I would.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
03-06-2016, 04:19 PM
(03-06-2016 03:10 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A recent poll of U.S. Military service members (mid May) printed in the Military Times showed that only 25% of military personnel support Hillary Clinton for president. Trump was the clear favorite over Hillary or Bernie. My local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) had a straw poll and Trump won 87% to Clinton's 10%.

If Trump is good enough for our active service members and my fellow war veterans, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.
No offense to vets or active members, but according to page 35 of this, over 50% of Military members (in 2014) were under 30 years old. 75% under 35. About 40% under 25. Many of these are kids who either didn't know what to do next, didn't have the ability to go to college (financially or academically), Or perhaps were persuaded by the propaganda of "be all you can be". My friends in the Military have all reported that immaturity is rampant. I have no gripe with their choice to enter the Military, but that decision doesn't automatically make them wise, grand, or a valid source of guidance for who should be our next president. Especially the young ones.

Nah, we should always trust the military, no matter what! For some reason.

Find all posts by this user
03-06-2016, 05:18 PM
(03-06-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No, Trump nor his supporters are about hate. It's about uniting, something anti Trump people don't want to work on.

This is absolutely true, and there are countless examples.

For example, here's a great story about Trump being endorsed by the US's most inclusive social group.

And, here's a great interview with one of his supporters who is complaining that Trump is just not inclusive enough.

And, here's a good story about an industrious Trump supporter who created an app that helps you keep track of all your Jewish friends so you can wish them Mazel Tov at the high holidays. You wouldn't want to lose track of that, would you?

Facepalm

-----
Regarding the OP, I think it seriously misreads the situation. While there is no doubt that Trump is attracting, and courting, the most disgusting elements in our society, it's completely inaccurate to just dismiss everyone supporting him as an ignorant racist. It's simply not true. Given the numbers of votes he's received, it couldn't possibly be true.

Polls overwhelmingly show that most Americans are disgusted with both parties and do not feel they in any way represent them. We all think Congress are a bunch of bought-and-paid for schills. Watching Hillary Clinton laugh about the notion that Goldman, Sachs gave her $625,000 (or whatever the exact number was) for an hour speech and expected nothing in return is nauseating. No one believes is, probably not even her. The Republican candidates are not any better. They are all taking money from large interests and all their votes seem to favor them. The ordinary Joe and Jane don't have a chance.

Our standard of living is way down. Most Americans are living in serious debt, have few opportunities to really better themselves, are watching our government pass more and more laws that make it easier to outsource our jobs and we've all had enough. Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are two guys - no matter what else you think of them - who are not bought and paid for. They both have ideas that can cause us real long term financial problems, but at least they are talking to ordinary Americans about the problems that ordinary Americans have. Yes, Trump is throwing in a lot of red meat to attract the more unsavory elements of our society, but there are a lot of normal people who lean right who are supporting him.

I really think you are underestimating what the appeal is.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
As a veteran myself, I find the thought of delegating the decision out to any bloc, even my fellow vets, reprehensible.

We are supposed to do our own thinking to ensure that we don't waste our votes as pawns.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
(03-06-2016 12:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This v v

No.... he's not hater, not fucking much. lmao....

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
04-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Here's an article about Trumps hate mongering timeline.

https://medium.com/@CAPAction/donald-tru....a4on3mv97

04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
(03-06-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No, Trump nor his supporters are about hate. It's about uniting, something anti Trump people don't want to work on.

Unless, of course, you're an immigrant.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-06-2016, 08:40 AM
(04-06-2016 08:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Unless, of course, you're an immigrant.

Or a woman or any other non-white male.

06-06-2016, 04:38 AM

So, did anyone else see dickhead over the weekend not only doubling down on the "hater" Mexican judge but adding lists of other people (mostly Muslims) who couldn't possibly do their jobs properly where Donald Trump is involved. Yep, he's quite the bridge builder, this guy.

There is an old lawyer adage: when you have the facts on your side you hammer on the facts; when you have the law on your side you hammer on the law; when neither the facts nor the law are on your side, you hammer on the table. Trumps complaint about the judge is him hammering on the table. But, it's even more than that. It's a defense to his supporters as to why they don't have to worry about this ruling. "Sure my name is being associated with defrauding ordinary Americans (again) but the judge is a Mexican! So, you can just assume he's a hater and it's not true".

The rest of the Republican party is pretty upset over this. He's being blasted by everyone: Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and even perpetual cheerleader Newt Gingrich have have all distanced themselves from him and his uniting remarks. I guess they also don't see what a uniter this asshole is. The rest of the GOP have refrained from calling this outright racism - they really can't concede that - but they are clearly worried that he's not only going to cost them the Presidency but both houses of Congress as well.

I don't think the Republicans are in full panic mode yet, but I think they are getting there. I'm still not convinced this maniac won't win, but every time he opens his mouth it seems less likely. You'll know it's really over if McConnell suddenly allows for a vote for Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court. If that happens, it means they know they are in danger of losing it all and would rather have a moderate like Garland on the court than wait for Hillary (or, in the unlikely event she isn't the candidate, Sanders) a candidate who is far more liberal. If they actually put that vote out there - and I've not yet seen anything that says they will - it means it's over and they know it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
06-06-2016, 07:29 AM
(04-06-2016 08:40 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 08:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Unless, of course, you're an immigrant.

Or a woman or any other non-white male.

when did trump hate women or minorities in general?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube