Trump, The Haters Candidate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: Trump, The Haters Candidate
(06-06-2016 01:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 01:24 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm with cjlr here. It doesn't matter what his personal feelings are on race. At the point you condone racism and discrimination, you've pretty much endorsed it. Especially when you're running for president.

He's flat out refused to denounce the white supremacist groups following him, until he really had no choice at all. He made an obvious decision to reel in their votes that way. You can't do that and later claim "not me" with any credibility.

I am continually stunned at the lengths people will go to try to pretend he is not making race an issue in this campaign. How can you possibly be this obtuse?

[Image: tumblr_mwmchbCXHY1sq6wtjo1_500.gif]

Dodgy That's not acute.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
06-06-2016, 02:41 PM
(06-06-2016 02:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 01:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mwmchbCXHY1sq6wtjo1_500.gif]

Dodgy That's not acute.

It's a new angle for sure, but I'm not sure there's a point.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
06-06-2016, 02:56 PM
(06-06-2016 01:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 01:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  didn't he have black women open up at one of his rallies?

In fact most of the things people claims are racist are false. He doesn't hate immigrants, he just sees a problem with illegal ones. He doesn't hate minorities, that was just made up. See the problem is that trump is not sexist or racist, but he is a dumbass and a narcissits(might have spelled that wrong.)

Let's say for the sake of argument you're entirely correct.
(because this is a man who was actually sued for rent discrimination)

What is the meaningful distinction between a narcissist who incessantly panders to racist and sexist demographics, and someone who actually shares those views?

And - allowing one, what does it matter?

well sure he will pander to some he is a republican, and racist groups vote republican anyway, it also depends on what you mean by racist and sexist

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-06-2016, 05:15 PM
(06-06-2016 02:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  , it also depends on what you mean by racist and sexist

I'm pretty sure what he means is passing judgment on people or treating them differently because of their race or sex.

It's not that difficult a concept. Why are you having such a struggle with it?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
06-06-2016, 05:26 PM
(06-06-2016 05:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 02:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  , it also depends on what you mean by racist and sexist

I'm pretty sure what he means is passing judgment on people or treating them differently because of their race or sex.

It's not that difficult a concept. Why are you having such a struggle with it?

then trump would be every label in the book then, because he judges everyone based on their differences.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Ok.

I'm not sure what your point is, or why you seem to be going well out of your way to avoid the obvious.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
06-06-2016, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 05:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Trump is good enough for our active service members and my fellow war veterans, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.

(03-06-2016 02:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Trump is good enough for the NRA, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.
If Trump is good enough for the KKK, that tells me I'm voting for the right guy.

That tells me you probably shouldn't vote.

Instead of Jim Crow Laws we could call them Bob Bear Laws. Yes

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Report: Trump campaign pays female staff much less

"Donald Trump's campaign is paying its male staffers roughly a third more than its female workers, according to an analysis by the Boston Globe.

The Globe took a look at the campaigns of Trump and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, who the outlet found paid her male and female team members about the same.

Examining the Trump campaign's payroll for the month of April, which offered up the most recent publicly available data from the Federal Election Commission, the report found that female staffers earned an average of approximately $4,500. The men took home $6,100 -- about 35 percent more than their female counterparts. Female workers made up just 28 percent of Trump's total staff, and of the top 15 highest-paid employees that month, just two were women."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-trump...-than-men/

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
06-06-2016, 06:14 PM
(06-06-2016 07:53 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 01:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Lemme start way the fuck off topic and hopefully sail to your shore.

Mr. Hussein (as I've been reading about him lately) is my favorite president ever in the history of ever (meaning "that I lived through") but Mr Hussein seriously failed the ideals of his campaign.

Closer to shore, the American public is stirring from its slumber of the status quo and thus fringe elements such as Sanders and Trump have risen to the fore. While I favor Sanders far more than Trump, both are the haters candidate (in your terms) and neither's supporters have covered themselves in glory.

The thing about Trump (which would be epicly sad if not potentially true) is that he could be the best of bad options. I don't like the guy but he does give me the impression that candidate Trump is a horse - not of a different color, but a whole different spectrum - than President Trump.

I think he makes it up as he goes along and his pronouncements are based entirely on what he believes the unwashed rubes want to hear. His ideas CERTAINLY don't come from a place of ANY knowledge or experience whatsoever with foreign policy, social policy, diplomacy, or even a basic fundamental understanding of the branches of government or their functions. He appeals primarily to people whose knowledge of how things work is as misconstrued and ignorant as his own. Now we certainly can make the argument, as you have, that there's some genuine frustration out there among the electorate about the way government functions, whose best interests it has at heart etc. And I think there's some real legitimacy behind the notion or perception that the system is rigged and it's not working for the people. We may well be sailing toward a tipping point where the system as we know it is dismantled and rebuilt. But electing Trump would be fighting that fire with kerosene as far as I'm concerned.

Also - by "Mr. Hussein" do you mean Barack Obama?

About his general not knowing shit, he said about his being in court for his Trump University thingy. "Maybe i'll be elected president and come back in November as president" (to face the recalcitrant judge) Doesn't even seem to realize that he wouldn't be president until next January!
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
06-06-2016, 08:53 PM
(06-06-2016 02:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 02:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Dodgy That's not acute.

It's a new angle for sure, but I'm not sure there's a point.

That's true to some degree. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post