Trump Wants to Start Building the wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: Trump Wants to Start Building the wall
When I made fun of the wall concept before the election, Trump supporters assured me that when he said he was going to build a wall, he was saying it in a metaphorical sense. Now that they realize he's actually intending to put up / reenforce a physical barrier, they're jumping on board as if they thought it was a good idea the whole time.

As someone who is neither pro nor anti Trump, and would not have been satisfied with anything other than a defeat of both major parties, and as someone who is not against the concept of enforcing immigration law, I'd like to again state my opinion that the wall is ridiculous. If there is in fact money set aside for the entirety of its cost, that money would be better allocated towards giving everyone a free pony.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
26-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Now instead of making Mexico pay for it like he said he would do (I don't know how he expected to do that) he wants Congress to approve funds to build it now and get the money from Mexico after it's built.
I don't know how he expects to get the money then either, I think a great big "fuck you" from Mexico is more likely.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-01-2017, 11:18 PM
(26-01-2017 10:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Now instead of making Mexico pay for it like he said he would do (I don't know how he expected to do that) he wants Congress to approve funds to build it now and get the money from Mexico after it's built.
I don't know how he expects to get the money then either, I think a great big "fuck you" from Mexico is more likely.

If Mexico doesn't pay, we slap tariffs/taxes on imports. They need to ship their goods here. If the cost is too high, nobody will want Mexican made products. We can also block remittances. Mexico goes broke.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Want to stop illegals from coming over?

Easy fix: incarcerate the CEO (and any board members or staff who can be proved to be aware of the act but did not report it) of any corporation that hires people not lawfully licensed to work in the United States.

Problem solved. No wall needed.

It's a stunt. Figure it out, man.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-01-2017, 06:36 AM
(26-01-2017 11:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 10:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Now instead of making Mexico pay for it like he said he would do (I don't know how he expected to do that) he wants Congress to approve funds to build it now and get the money from Mexico after it's built.

If Mexico doesn't pay, we slap tariffs/taxes on imports. They need to ship their goods here. If the cost is too high, nobody will want Mexican made products. We can also block remittances. Mexico goes broke.

Ooh, more traitor apologetics! Exactly as expected.

Mexico also can retaliate by slapping tariffs on our exports. As they're a major trading partner, that will cost American companies jobs and (the horror!) profits. That's one reason puppet's handlers walked back the idea later in the day. But if puppet does end up bullying Mexico in this way, all of our trading partners will take note, and no one is going to make a deal with him. Except for the puppet master, maybe. You'll be able to buy crappy Russian vodka for 10 bucks! Just about the same money as you'll be paying for a head of lettuce!

You love the wall so much, I'm sure you won't mind paying for it twice.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
27-01-2017, 08:09 AM
(26-01-2017 04:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  True. But it will prevent or limit drug trafficking and those that don't qualify for visas.

What's hilarious is that you actually believe that. Laughat

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
27-01-2017, 08:20 AM
(26-01-2017 11:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Mexico doesn't pay, we slap tariffs/taxes on imports. They need to ship their goods here. If the cost is too high, nobody will want Mexican made products. We can also block remittances. Mexico goes broke.

First of all, that still wouldn't get the funds to pay for the wall now would it. Rolleyes If nobody wants the goods, no tax revenue is collected. So all it accomplishes is a temper tantrum and US citizens still have to pay for the useless wall.

Second, is this really how you think our country should be run? Bully other countries into obedience? How long do you think it will take the entire world to give us a collective middle finger?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
27-01-2017, 08:24 AM
(27-01-2017 08:20 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 11:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Mexico doesn't pay, we slap tariffs/taxes on imports. They need to ship their goods here. If the cost is too high, nobody will want Mexican made products. We can also block remittances. Mexico goes broke.

First of all, that still wouldn't get the funds to pay for the wall now would it. Rolleyes If nobody wants the goods, no tax revenue is collected. So all it accomplishes is a temper tantrum and US citizens still have to pay for the useless wall.

Second, is this really how you think our country should be run? Bully other countries into obedience? How long do you think it will take the entire world to give us a collective middle finger?

We're off to a good start with that in the first week: Mexico is giving Trump the finger and all but one of the sanctuary cities are also giving him the finger.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-01-2017, 08:26 AM
(26-01-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What would be money better spent -- is prosecuting those businesses that employ illegal immigrants.....

If there's no demand for illegal labor - the illegals will quit coming.

THIS.

I made this point in another thread so I'm glad to see it re-iterated here.

It's a bit of a moot point, however, given that more Mexicans are leaving the US than coming in. Perhaps the wall is to keep the cheap labour in?

Remember the Soviet Union????

They had lots of walls "to keep invaders out (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-01-2017, 08:28 AM
(26-01-2017 11:18 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

And when Mexico goes broke -- they'll ALL want to come here - where they can at least get a meal or two........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.