RE: Trump: We Should Cancel the Elections
Cracked's explanation. YMMV.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-tr...lks-about/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
27-10-2016, 09:05 PM
(27-10-2016 07:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'

Quote:Donald Trump suggested canceling the election Thursday and granting himself the presidency.

“What a difference. You know, what a difference this is,” Trump said during a rally in Toledo, Ohio, after comparing his tax plan with Hillary Clinton’s.

“And just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump, right? What are we even having it for? What are we having it for?” he asked. “Her policies are so bad. Boy, do we have a big difference.”

Twelve days from Election Day, Trump’s indication that he should be given the White House also comes as he trails Clinton nationally and in a number of key battleground states. Polls also show Clinton is challenging the GOP nominee in Republican strongholds like Arizona, Utah and Texas.

Trump, who has propagated unsubstantiated claims that the election is rigged against him, has also suggested that if he were to lose, he may not concede the election, bucking the tradition of a concession by the loser and a peaceful transfer of power.
Throughout his rally, Trump seemed to gain more confidence as he fed off the crowd’s energy. Less than 10 minutes in, he had called for the “Washington establishment to hear and heed the words I’m about to say.”

“If we win on Nov. 8,” he began, as the crowd roared. “OK. OK. You ready? When we win.”

He acknowledged there was “a lot of good energy” from his supporters and reminded them that he once worked in Ohio, crediting the state for giving him confidence by giving him success before finishing his thought.

“So when,” he continued, pausing for emphasis, “we win, we are going to Washington, D.C., and we are going to drain the swamp.”

I don't even have words at this point...

I've got two: Bull shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-10-2016, 09:18 PM
(27-10-2016 08:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Cracked's explanation. YMMV.

I just read your link. Great article. It was something I knew but never have put into words. Thanks.

Quick question. What's YMMV?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-10-2016, 09:28 PM
(27-10-2016 07:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's good to be the king.

Girly be slackin...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-10-2016, 09:33 PM
This fits Trump.

[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
27-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Why is anybody surprised? Trump's been handed everything in life, so when he promised to "win" the election this is really what he meant.

This election is rigged. So are the polls. It's the only explanation. Anybody else who'd said or done half of the batshit madness that Trump has perpetrated in the last few months would be polling in imaginary numbers. His own party would have had him torn apart by wild tortoises.

And as much as I hate to agree with that bastard love-child of Joe McCarthy and an Oompa-Loompa about anything, he's right, you should cancel the election. Apologize for that unfortunate incident with the tea and I'm sure Her Majesty would be more than happy to reinstate Crown Rule. Michelle Obama would make a brilliant Governor for The Colonies.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-10-2016, 10:18 PM
(27-10-2016 08:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  His whole shtick is what demagogues use prior to a coup to become dictators.

Exactly! And dictators quickly remove private gun ownership. They want all the power. I don't understand why his followers don't get this.

Or they want to remove gun ownership from all but their sworn followers?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
27-10-2016, 10:19 PM
(27-10-2016 09:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 08:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Cracked's explanation. YMMV.

I just read your link. Great article. It was something I knew but never have put into words. Thanks.

Quick question. What's YMMV?

It means - your mileage may wary if I'm not mistaken.

About Trump I wonder how someone could be so stupid.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-10-2016, 11:16 PM
(27-10-2016 10:19 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  About Trump I wonder how someone could be so stupid.

Stupid or... power mad? Humans who taste power and want it for its own sake go off the rails in exactly the same, predictable way. This latest nonsense of his is standard strong-man shit. He says it because it actually works. His hardcore support base no doubt think that it's completely reasonable. The thinking goes as follows:
  • Crooked Hillary is so obviously bad.
  • We're gonna lose the election because crooked Hillary rigged it!
  • The patriotic thing to do is clearly to ignore the election. It's a farce anyway, guaranteed to result in Hillary's win. It's not a fair contest.

If he does start a civil war which as ridiculous as it sounds could actually be possible... people will end up dying for that clown. Hah. What a pointless thing to die for.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-10-2016, 11:31 PM
This is a stretch. He was just joking. Even the article on CNN said he made the statement jokingly and lighthearted.

Its like when the Patriots play the Miami Dolphins. Why even play the game? We know who is going to win. The fans say "why even play the game. That's a for sure victory." He was just pumping up the crowd.

Come on people.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]