Trump: We Should Cancel the Elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: Trump: We Should Cancel the Elections
(27-10-2016 11:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is a stretch. He was just joking. Even the article on CNN said he made the statement jokingly and lighthearted.

Its like when the Patriots play the Miami Dolphins. Why even play the game? We know who is going to win. The fans say "why even play the game. That's a for sure victory." He was just pumping up the crowd.

Come on people.

I guess he was just joking about every other stupid thing he said too? Dodgy

A presidential candidate who's already under scrutiny for the anti-democratic nature of his rhetoric is suddenly "just joking" when he takes one step too far?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-10-2016, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2016 01:02 AM by DLJ.)
(27-10-2016 08:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Cracked's explanation. YMMV.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-tr...lks-about/

Spot on!

Quote:It's About The Country Vs. The City

I've been saying this for a while now in the multitude of gun threads and elsewhere ... it's Cain vs. Abel.

And it's been evident in the politics of the UK since ... ever. I was the boy from the village / farm country at a school for stoke-broker children.

But the solution has to look beyond the happy musical:

... because it's not as simple as rural settler / farmer (Cain) vs. rural nomad / cowboy (Abel), where a city is just a glorified settlement.

(I had to learn how to tap-dance in three months for that role).

The article hinted at the economic forces that are at the root cause of the small settlement / rural decline.

Quote:See, rural jobs used to be based around one big local business -- a factory, a coal mine, etc. When it dies, the town dies. Where I grew up, it was an oil refinery closing that did us in. I was raised in the hollowed-out shell of what the town had once been.

Settlers, Prospectors and Pioneers

[Image: campaigning-techniques-ecf-chris-rose-45...1301331180]
[Image: 3-Motivational-Needs-Continued_Page_02.jpg]
[Image: 3-Motivational-Needs-Continued_Page_03.jpg]
[Image: pioneers.jpg]

When the Prospectors leave the settlement dies; miners (whether coal or oil or Walmart or Wall Street) move on so the settlers must innovate, become farmers or perish.

Interestingly, much of Bernie Sanders' support seems to have come from the Prospector 'Now People' acting as a counter-balance to the Prospector ‘Happy Followers’ and the Prospector 'Golden Dreamers'... the latter group includes Trump ("They are liable to cut corners to ensure they have enough money to “buy the dream”).

Thing is, with Clinton, I can't see it getting any better for these groups. The TPP with ensure that the mega-Prospectors will continue to consolidate wealth towards the elites.

If it wasn't for the negative impact on civil rights I think I'd be voting for Trump.

A choice between global feudalism and fascism ... whoop-de-doo" Dodgy

[Image: 200_s.gif]

Is there no hope?

If Clinton wins:
Step 1. Put Elizabeth Warren in charge of the ISDS
Step 2. Get on social media and start building Consumer Unions that can boycott brands / corporations thus impacting their bottom line to get the shareholders' attention.

If Trump wins:
1. Enjoy the last days of Murikan imperialism as it continues to become more isolated from the rest of the world and, if you're in the Middle East, breath a tremendous sigh of relief and take some lessons from South America on how to rebuild.
2. Save up for a ticket to Mars.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
28-10-2016, 12:54 AM
(28-10-2016 12:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... If Trump wins ... Save up for a ticket to Mars ...

If Trump wins there's no need to go to Mars, this IS Mars. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
28-10-2016, 01:46 AM
(27-10-2016 11:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This is a stretch. He was just joking. Even the article on CNN said he made the statement jokingly and lighthearted.

If its impossible to tell wether someone is joking or not (whith saying something absurdly stupid), then we call these people "poe"s. You want a poe as president?

You really want a president who, when he tells you "we gonna bomb the living shit out of the russian fleet sailing towards the eastern mediterranean!", you dont know wether hes serious or "just joking"?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 6 users Like Deesse23's post
28-10-2016, 03:05 AM
(28-10-2016 01:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

If its impossible to tell wether someone is joking or not (whith saying something absurdly stupid), then we call these people "poe"s. You want a poe as president?

You really want a president who, when he tells you "we gonna bomb the living shit out of the russian fleet sailing towards the eastern mediterranean!", you dont know wether hes serious or "just joking"?

Yes, qualities needed in a leader are trustworthiness, reliability, honesty and consistency.

Oh, well, tough nut America.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-10-2016, 05:51 AM
Even worse: what if fucking Putin doesnt know if Trump is joking or not? Gasp

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
28-10-2016, 11:11 AM

Its like when the Patriots play the Miami Dolphins. Why even play the game? We know who is going to win. The fans say "why even play the game. That's a for sure victory." He was just pumping up the crowd.

Come on people.

Keep fucking that dead horse. Dodgy

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-10-2016, 11:15 AM
(27-10-2016 07:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'

Quote:Donald Trump suggested canceling the election Thursday and granting himself the presidency.

“What a difference. You know, what a difference this is,” Trump said during a rally in Toledo, Ohio, after comparing his tax plan with Hillary Clinton’s.

“And just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump, right? What are we even having it for? What are we having it for?” he asked. “Her policies are so bad. Boy, do we have a big difference.”

Twelve days from Election Day, Trump’s indication that he should be given the White House also comes as he trails Clinton nationally and in a number of key battleground states. Polls also show Clinton is challenging the GOP nominee in Republican strongholds like Arizona, Utah and Texas.

Trump, who has propagated unsubstantiated claims that the election is rigged against him, has also suggested that if he were to lose, he may not concede the election, bucking the tradition of a concession by the loser and a peaceful transfer of power.
Throughout his rally, Trump seemed to gain more confidence as he fed off the crowd’s energy. Less than 10 minutes in, he had called for the “Washington establishment to hear and heed the words I’m about to say.”

“If we win on Nov. 8,” he began, as the crowd roared. “OK. OK. You ready? When we win.”

He acknowledged there was “a lot of good energy” from his supporters and reminded them that he once worked in Ohio, crediting the state for giving him confidence by giving him success before finishing his thought.

“So when,” he continued, pausing for emphasis, “we win, we are going to Washington, D.C., and we are going to drain the swamp.”

I don't even have words at this point...

We could combine the offices of President and Chancellor and just call him "Führer".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-10-2016, 11:28 AM
(28-10-2016 12:54 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 12:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... If Trump wins ... Save up for a ticket to Mars ...

If Trump wins there's no need to go to Mars, this IS Mars. Laugh out load

Or it will damn quickly look like it! Shocking

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
28-10-2016, 06:15 PM
(28-10-2016 11:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:21 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'

I don't even have words at this point...

We could combine the offices of President and Chancellor and just call him "Führer".

Mostly I've just been propping posts but...he does kind of already have a Trump Youth that's being led by a supposed Nazi apologist. Some of the people at his rallies are using the Nazi word for journalists who didn't support Hitler. And there's "The Lion's Guard", a group of pro-Trump folks claiming they're organizing a militia. And so on...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post