Trump administration opens up police departments to get military gear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Trump administration opens up police departments to get military gear
The Trump administration has rescinded the Obama ban on civilian police departments from getting surplus military gear including tracked and armored vehicles and grenade launchers.

I dunno.

I can see them having the good military grade body armor, but do they really need a tank???

I suppose it's the thought of posse comitatus that gets me - in that the government is not allowed to use the army on our on population. At some point, when you stick enough military hardware on a cop, he starts to look like a soldier.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-08-2017, 06:15 AM
RE: Trump administration opens up police departments to get military gear
It's been going on for a long time around here.
People. Wake the fuck up.
Take a lesson from what we've learned about the surveillance programs that are being put in place.
Militarizing of police forces. Assault on people's rights. The emboldening of hate groups who feel (correctly in my opinion that they have a friend in the white house)
The ongoing demonizing of the press. A justice system that demonizes the poor and minorities.
What more does it take?
They are lining up to take over. Or "make America great again"
And I'm thinking that Atheists are pretty damn likely to be on the shit list.

If you haven't seen it this is a much watch.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
29-08-2017, 06:26 AM
When I was working for the Deserter Apprehension Program there were times when a armored vehicle was handy. Not sure about a tracked vehicle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Try using real words instead of catchphrases and tired platitudes eh?

If somebody has read what you post, word for word ad nauseum all over the Internet they will likely ignore any valid points you may have to make.

" people, wake up" translates to " you can quit listening now"

Intent - constructive criticism, not a slam.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-08-2017, 06:30 AM
(29-08-2017 06:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Try using real words instead of catchphrases and tired platitudes eh?

If somebody has read what you post, word for word ad nauseum all over the Internet they will likely ignore any valid points you may have to make.

They can quit listening any time they like
I'm pretty sure they will.
If the current state of affairs isn't enough produce have a "holy shit" moment, then whatever somebody writes on some web forum isn't likely to penetrate.

29-08-2017, 06:36 AM
(29-08-2017 06:30 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Try using real words instead of catchphrases and tired platitudes eh?

They can quit listening any time they like
If the current state of affairs isn't enough produce have a "holy shit" moment, then whatever somebody writes on some web forum isn't likely to penetrate.

You'd be surprised.

People can be won over, or if not, at least influenced to a degree by reason and thought out dialogue.

Less so, with parroted slogans.

People may not be the sharpest, but they're pretty good at recognising what they have not seen before.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-08-2017, 06:53 AM
(29-08-2017 06:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:30 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  They can quit listening any time they like

You'd be surprised.

People can be won over, or if not, at least influenced to a degree by reason and thought out dialogue.

People may not be the sharpest, but they're pretty good at recognising what they have not seen before.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about winning anybody over.

29-08-2017, 06:55 AM
(29-08-2017 06:53 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You'd be surprised.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about winning anybody over.

Noted

29-08-2017, 06:59 AM
(29-08-2017 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Trump administration has rescinded the Obama ban on civilian police departments from getting surplus military gear including tracked and armored vehicles and grenade launchers.

I dunno.

I can see them having the good military grade body armor, but do they really need a tank???

I suppose it's the thought of posse comitatus that gets me - in that the government is not allowed to use the army on our on population. At some point, when you stick enough military hardware on a cop, he starts to look like a soldier.......

I have said it before - he wants a police state.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-08-2017, 07:02 AM
(29-08-2017 06:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Trump administration has rescinded the Obama ban on civilian police departments from getting surplus military gear including tracked and armored vehicles and grenade launchers.

I dunno.

I have said it before - he wants a police state.

I think the lesson is that he is far from alone on this.
It's an idea that clearly has a LOT of traction.
Time will tell but he is not acting nervous.
Pardoning Arpaeo (spelling?) was a giant middle finger to his detractors.
And a worried man doesn't do that.