Trump agreed to debate Bernie!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Trump agreed to debate Bernie!
(26-05-2016 05:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'll believe it when it actually happens.

There is no upside in this for Trump. He's got the nomination sewn up and Sanders doesn't and likely won't. So, having a debate with him can only hurt him. I'll be shocked if he doesn't weasel out of it.

Not really, it gives him a chance for more free press coverage and could be used as a venue for attacking the Democratic Party's platform as part of his transition towards the general election. Bernie would get one last televised opportunity to preach his stump speech as his own candidate before his concession speech to Hillary.

Win-win for both as far as I can ascertain and definitely a win for American audiences (or whoever else decides to watch it).

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
26-05-2016, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 10:53 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-05-2016 10:15 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

There is no upside in this for Trump. He's got the nomination sewn up and Sanders doesn't and likely won't. So, having a debate with him can only hurt him. I'll be shocked if he doesn't weasel out of it.

Not really, it gives him a chance for more free press coverage and could be used as a venue for attacking the Democratic Party's platform as part of his transition towards the general election. Bernie would get one last televised opportunity to preach his stump speech as his own candidate before his concession speech to Hillary.

Win-win for both as far as I can ascertain and definitely a win for American audiences (or whoever else decides to watch it).

Plus, Trump isn't playing to win, he's playing to stoke his ego. So whether or not he debates depends of whether or not it appeals to his ego. He's got the nomination alright, so it's more of a show off victory lap for him.

I'm thinking this would very much stoke his ego.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-05-2016, 11:41 PM

The funny part is, that by shooting off his mouth, Trump has already guaranteed a downside: He refuses to debate a guy who can't even win the Dem nomination.

lose/lose, 0/10
27-05-2016, 03:44 AM
I disagree he's not playing to win and I disagree debating Sanders is any kind of win for him. Sander's platform is not the Democratic Party's platform. They want him to go away. So, Trump debating Sanders doesn't give him any points against Hillary. It only helps him if Sanders wins the nomination, which is unlikely.

I'll still believe it when I see it, but I hope it happens. I'd absolutely watch that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-05-2016, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2016 04:06 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-05-2016 03:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  I disagree he's not playing to win and I disagree debating Sanders is any kind of win for him. Sander's platform is not the Democratic Party's platform. They want him to go away. So, Trump debating Sanders doesn't give him any points against Hillary. It only helps him if Sanders wins the nomination, which is unlikely.

I'll still believe it when I see it, but I hope it happens. I'd absolutely watch that.

Trump is an unrepentant narcissist.

If he was in it to win it, he'd need a better long game that didn't involve throwing the very important Hispanic vote under the bus. I think whether or not he does this is entirely dependent on if it stokes his ego, rather than whether or not it is advantageous for him from a political perspective.

[Image: 920x920.jpg]

^ Please remember, this is the pandering fuck head we're talking about here. ^ Tongue

27-05-2016, 05:25 AM
(27-05-2016 03:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 03:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  I disagree he's not playing to win and I disagree debating Sanders is any kind of win for him. Sander's platform is not the Democratic Party's platform. They want him to go away. So, Trump debating Sanders doesn't give him any points against Hillary. It only helps him if Sanders wins the nomination, which is unlikely.

Trump is an unrepentant narcissist.

If he was in it to win it, he'd need a better long game that didn't involve throwing the very important Hispanic vote under the bus. I think whether or not he does this is entirely dependent on if it stokes his ego, rather than whether or not it is advantageous for him from a political perspective.

^ Please remember, this is the pandering fuck head we're talking about here. ^ Tongue

I disagree. Don't confuse Mexican with all Hispanics. Trump has pretty much abandoned the Mexican vote, and he knows he'll lose California, Nevada, and New Mexico anyway. Other Hispanics, like Cubans in Florida, are easier for Trump to win over. Most swing states have low Hispanic and even lower Mexican populations.

Trump is banking on white voters turning out in droves to "save" America. This election is about two things. Immigration and jobs. If Trump can just improve white voter turnout a few points higher than Romney did, he'll be president.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
27-05-2016, 05:35 AM
(27-05-2016 05:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 03:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Trump is an unrepentant narcissist.

I disagree. Don't confuse Mexican with all Hispanics. Trump has pretty much abandoned the Mexican vote, and he knows he'll lose California, Nevada, and New Mexico anyway. Other Hispanics, like Cubans in Florida, are easier for Trump to win over. Most swing states have low Hispanic and even lower Mexican populations.

Trump is banking on white voters turning out in droves to "save" America. This election is about two things. Immigration and jobs. If Trump can just improve white voter turnout a few points higher than Romney did, he'll be president.

I'm not, but going by your reasoning, evidently Trump himself is confusing them. Or else, he should have said "I love Hispanics!*"

*except Mexicans

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-05-2016, 06:02 AM
(27-05-2016 05:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 05:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I disagree. Don't confuse Mexican with all Hispanics. Trump has pretty much abandoned the Mexican vote, and he knows he'll lose California, Nevada, and New Mexico anyway. Other Hispanics, like Cubans in Florida, are easier for Trump to win over. Most swing states have low Hispanic and even lower Mexican populations.

I'm not, but going by your reasoning, evidently Trump himself is confusing them. Or else, he should have said "I love Hispanics!*"

*except Mexicans

Of course he knows the difference. It's just more PC to say Hispanic instead of Mexican. My point was that losing the Mexican vote doesn't really effect Trump. Most Mexicans in Nevada, New Mexico or California are going to vote Democrat anyway. However, Mexicans in swing states don't really effect the outcome of elections because they are a small % of the population or they don't turnout to vote anyway. Trump's advantage is his lead among white males (+22%) over Hillary. If he improves on this lead, or gets more to show up to the polls, or some of these men convince their wives to vote for Trump, he might just win. Hispanic population is growing, but not all of them are Mexicans, and they're not a guaranteed lock to always vote Democrat. Look at Texas, where Hispanics (including Mexicans) have voted at a 50% rate for republicans at times.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
27-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Here's another verbal confirmation:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Trump agreed to debate Bernie!
Trump and Sanders will both trash talk Hillary and she won't be there to defend.

This is how both of them benefit from this debate.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post